The child tax credit in the stimulus bill will reduce child poverty by 42%: study

Turns out a couple thousand bucks more per year goes a long way for those who need it most.

We've been hearing that giving money away will fix poverty since the mid 60s. How's that working out for you Democrats?
rsvdi2zx79m61.jpg

Turns out a couple thousand bucks more per year goes a long way for those who need it most.

For some strange reason, you left off part of that headline.

"The American Family Act would move 4 million children out of poverty, but continuing to tie the credit to earnings nearly halves that impact"

Other than money, what is the single most frequent reason for the difference between a child being raised in poverty or above the poverty level?
You’re missing the context of this entirely. That is referring to what it was before. The old tax credit had an earnings requirement. This tax credit does not require income to go along with it.

How much do you suppose tRump's tax cuts for rich people helped child poverty?

Hint: it didn't.
.....the rich create the businesses that create jobs .....the poverty people are lazy dumbasses
Trickle down economics doesn't work.

Get over it.
the rich pay MORE than their fair share--DUH!!!!!
The 1% have 90% of the wealth. Their fair share is 90% of the taxes.
LinK?
It's well I own but here's one for ya.

You skipped this part: "Originally published December 8, 2017 at 6:00 am Updated December 8, 2017 at 6:11 am"

This means it is discussing the Obama administration, not the Trump administration.

JOBS
Published January 24, 2020
Income inequality declining under Trump policies, says Labor secretary
Workers are seeing faster wage growth than their bosses

“At the end of the Obama administration, what we saw is wage growth for the high wage earners [and] slow wage growth for the low wage earners," Scalia told FOX Business’ Maria Bartiromo in an exclusive interview at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. "We’ve flipped that in this economy,”

Except it won't amount to a couple of thousand bucks in their pockets, it only adds maybe $600 to the very lowest income bracket, and the inflation from so many criminal illegal aliens Democrats plan to subisidize will wipe out any gains and bankrupt the program overnight.
No, the difference is that the tax credit is now completely refundable. You can also opt to have it paid monthly. The credit didn’t do that before.
\Oh goodie. so they can divide that $600 into 12 monthly payments? Yes, indeed, $50 more a month is indeed a huge difference! Ur a jeenyus, yu iz. You can almost buy a pair of crappy Chinese made plastic shoes for that, but we know in real life it will mostly go for more crack for Mommy.
Actually you’re wrong like always. It will increase the tax credits by 1000 or 1600 per year depending on the age of the child.

No, it doesn't, it merely increases the max from the old one by $600, which by the way doesn't even cover inflation.
Uh no. The current tax credit is 2000. It will change to 3000 or 3600 for kids under 6.

So it is going up the same amount Trump had in his tax cut. Did this outfit write an op-ed at the time telling us how much child poverty would go down because of Trump?

BTW, how much did it go down?
My bad you’re right. This program originally expired in 2025. Now it’s increased up to 3600 and is now permanent.
So basically you are saying your source is bullshit since the same increase in the deduction didn’t cut child poverty.
Uh no. Because the current TEMPORARY tax credit is already factored in. Again, it originally expired in 2025 as a mirage to help the poor. Now it’s 300/3600 and it’s permanent.
What a crock of shit.

The exact same increase in the credit hit with Trumps tax cut. So, tell me why the same thing will now magically cut child poverty by 46%?
How is this so hard to understand? The study factored in the current 2k tax credit for this. Not only was this tax credit completely temporary, but it wasn’t completely refundable. NOW the increased tax cut can be paid out in monthly payments if the family so chooses. That wasn’t an option before. Know your shit.
Dude, you can’t explain how the exact same increase in take home pay, so to speak, had no impact on child poverty.......and all the sudden that same thing will cut child poverty by 46%.

Face it, you had no idea Trump did the same thing with his tax cut.....you just bought into the propaganda of the southern poverty whatever outfit who fed you that bullshit.
I never said that the GOP tax credit didn’t have some effect on poverty. Of course, it was never “take home” as I explained and it was temporary. It’s so stupid you would desperately defend this crap that had a 2025 expiration date lol
What affect did it have?

Given the numbers your source used it should be about 46% reduction in child poverty.

Hoe much did it go down?

20%?
15%?
5%?

"The American Family Act would move 4 million children out of poverty, but continuing to tie the credit to earnings nearly halves that impact"

Other than money, what is the single most frequent reason for the difference between a child being raised in poverty or above the poverty level?
You’re missing the context of this entirely. That is referring to what it was before. The old tax credit had an earnings requirement. This tax credit does not require income to go along with it.
My link clearly showed that even those who had no income could get $1400 in credits.

Stop the lies.

Your thread is a failure cuz your source is shit.

We've been hearing that giving money away will fix poverty since the mid 60s. How's that working out for you Democrats?
rsvdi2zx79m61.jpg

always-S.jpg

Having worked with a lot of low income parents in a county full of opiate addicts, I just wish there was a way to keep the less sensible among them from spending the extra cash on drugs and scratch off tickets and a new phone and tatoos. Some will.

Of course, many will benefit and be able to provide a more stable home for their kids. But that paints some rosy picture right there.

Probably that shocks some of the liberal posters here, but it's just reality. Of course, I mostly met the bottom of that barrel, too. So I suppose I should shut up.

Until you realize that such measures only encourage people to have kids, not raise them.

Smart.

How much do you suppose tRump's tax cuts for rich people helped child poverty?

Hint: it didn't.
.....the rich create the businesses that create jobs .....the poverty people are lazy dumbasses
Trickle down economics doesn't work.

Get over it.
the rich pay MORE than their fair share--DUH!!!!!
The 1% have 90% of the wealth. Their fair share is 90% of the taxes.
LinK?
It's well I own but here's one for ya.

You skipped this part: "Originally published December 8, 2017 at 6:00 am Updated December 8, 2017 at 6:11 am"

This means it is discussing the Obama administration, not the Trump administration.

JOBS
Published January 24, 2020
Income inequality declining under Trump policies, says Labor secretary
Workers are seeing faster wage growth than their bosses

“At the end of the Obama administration, what we saw is wage growth for the high wage earners [and] slow wage growth for the low wage earners," Scalia told FOX Business’ Maria Bartiromo in an exclusive interview at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. "We’ve flipped that in this economy,”

Lol, are you actually quoting tRump's secretary of anti-labor on income inequality?

That's hilarious!!

Except it won't amount to a couple of thousand bucks in their pockets, it only adds maybe $600 to the very lowest income bracket, and the inflation from so many criminal illegal aliens Democrats plan to subisidize will wipe out any gains and bankrupt the program overnight.
No, the difference is that the tax credit is now completely refundable. You can also opt to have it paid monthly. The credit didn’t do that before.
\Oh goodie. so they can divide that $600 into 12 monthly payments? Yes, indeed, $50 more a month is indeed a huge difference! Ur a jeenyus, yu iz. You can almost buy a pair of crappy Chinese made plastic shoes for that, but we know in real life it will mostly go for more crack for Mommy.
Actually you’re wrong like always. It will increase the tax credits by 1000 or 1600 per year depending on the age of the child.

No, it doesn't, it merely increases the max from the old one by $600, which by the way doesn't even cover inflation.
Uh no. The current tax credit is 2000. It will change to 3000 or 3600 for kids under 6.

So it is going up the same amount Trump had in his tax cut. Did this outfit write an op-ed at the time telling us how much child poverty would go down because of Trump?

My bad you’re right. This program originally expired in 2025. Now it’s increased up to 3600 and is now permanent.
So basically you are saying your source is bullshit since the same increase in the deduction didn’t cut child poverty.
Uh no. Because the current TEMPORARY tax credit is already factored in. Again, it originally expired in 2025 as a mirage to help the poor. Now it’s 300/3600 and it’s permanent.
What a crock of shit.

The exact same increase in the credit hit with Trumps tax cut. So, tell me why the same thing will now magically cut child poverty by 46%?
How is this so hard to understand? The study factored in the current 2k tax credit for this. Not only was this tax credit completely temporary, but it wasn’t completely refundable. NOW the increased tax cut can be paid out in monthly payments if the family so chooses. That wasn’t an option before. Know your shit.
Dude, you can’t explain how the exact same increase in take home pay, so to speak, had no impact on child poverty.......and all the sudden that same thing will cut child poverty by 46%.

Face it, you had no idea Trump did the same thing with his tax cut.....you just bought into the propaganda of the southern poverty whatever outfit who fed you that bullshit.
I never said that the GOP tax credit didn’t have some effect on poverty. Of course, it was never “take home” as I explained and it was temporary. It’s so stupid you would desperately defend this crap that had a 2025 expiration date lol
What affect did it have?

Given the numbers your source used it should be about 46% reduction in child poverty.

Hoe much did it go down?

20%?
15%?
5%?
Hey moron if you’re so curious what it did, why don’t you do your own research on the subject? You sound stupid.

You didn't even read the headline much less comprehend any of that LONG sentence, did you?

I also asked this question but, of course, you ignored that totally, did you not?

You didn't even read the headline much less comprehend any of that LONG sentence, did you?

I also asked this question but, of course, you ignored that totally, did you not?
Hey idiot you splice two phrases from two different sentences. You completely distorted the context. There is no answer to your question because it’s a stupid false premise.

What a crock of shit.

What affect did it have?

Hoe much did it go down?

20%?
15%?
5%?
Hey moron if you’re so curious what it did, why don’t you do your own research on the subject? You sound stupid.
Surely your source would have referenced the decline in child poverty from the exact same benefit Trump gave the poor as a way of giving credence to their claims, right?

Why didn’t they list the drop in child poverty?

What a crock of shit.

What affect did it have?

Hoe much did it go down?

20%?
15%?
5%?
I sound stupid?

YOU started this thread using a shit source with completely made up numbers, Fuckwit.

What a crock of shit.

What affect did it have?

Hoe much did it go down?

20%?
15%?
5%?
Surely your source would have referenced the decline in child poverty from the exact same benefit Trump gave the poor as a way of giving credence to their claims, right?

Idk what you’re asking me for lol. Ask them. I don’t see how this refutes what the source is saying to begin with.

What a crock of shit.

What affect did it have?

Hoe much did it go down?

20%?
15%?
5%?

Idk what you’re asking me for lol. Ask them. I don’t see how this refutes what the source is saying to begin with.
It proves they pulled numbers out of their ass and shoved them down your throat.

What a crock of shit.

What affect did it have?

Hoe much did it go down?

20%?
15%?
5%?

It proves they pulled numbers out of their ass and shoved them down your throat.
Lol nope definitely not.

What a crock of shit.

What affect did it have?

Hoe much did it go down?

20%?
15%?
5%?

Lol nope definitely not.
Yes, it definitely does.

Forum List

Back