The child tax credit in the stimulus bill will reduce child poverty by 42%: study

Turns out a couple thousand bucks more per year goes a long way for those who need it most.

Until you realize that such measures only encourage people to have kids, not raise them.

Smart.

Your 100% correct.

For decades the Democrats have had a solid policy of REWARDING BAD BEHAVIOR AND PUNISHING GOO BEHAVIOR. Then they feign shock that the policy did not work and tell us the only reason it did not work was that it wasn't adequately FUNDED.

Turns out a couple thousand bucks more per year goes a long way for those who need it most.

Until you realize that such measures only encourage people to have kids, not raise them.

Smart.

Your 100% correct.

For decades the Democrats have had a solid policy of REWARDING BAD BEHAVIOR AND PUNISHING GOO BEHAVIOR. Then they feign shock that the policy did not work and tell us the only reason it did not work was that it wasn't adequately FUNDED.
You both have no idea what you’re talking about. Do you know how much it costs per year to raise a kid?

Good, every child deserves a chance at the American dream and every child deserves food in their stomach.
Such great effective policy...Force good productive Americans to reward the worthless pieces of shit among us for their amazing ability to make more of their filthy same. It makes perfect sense to incentivize ShaQuita and Guadalupe to run their baby factories and breed.

Haha...dumbmotherfuckers

Good, every child deserves a chance at the American dream and every child deserves food in their stomach.
Such great effective policy...Force good productive Americans to reward the worthless pieces of shit among us for their amazing ability to make more of their filthy same. It makes perfect sense to incentivize ShaQuita and Guadalupe to run their baby factories and breed.

Haha...dumbmotherfuckers
This coming from a dude born with a silver spoon up his ass and used mommy and daddy’s money into adulthood as well.

Smart.

Your 100% correct.

You both have no idea what you’re talking about. Do you know how much it costs per year to raise a kid?
Good point...do you wonder why Guadalupe doesn’t stop breeding since children are so expensive and all?

For some strange reason, you left off part of that headline.

"The American Family Act would move 4 million children out of poverty, but continuing to tie the credit to earnings nearly halves that impact"

Other than money, what is the single most frequent reason for the difference between a child being raised in poverty or above the poverty level?
You’re missing the context of this entirely. That is referring to what it was before. The old tax credit had an earnings requirement. This tax credit does not require income to go along with it.

You didn't even read the headline much less comprehend any of that LONG sentence, did you?

I also asked this question but, of course, you ignored that totally, did you not?

Hey idiot you splice two phrases from two different sentences. You completely distorted the context. There is no answer to your question because it’s a stupid false premise.

Thank you for your intelligent response. If you will notice, I did not splice two phrases together, I copied and pasted YOUR source exactly. It doesn't distort the meaning as you did by only posting part of the headline, it makes it much clearer.

Yes, there is a solid, absolute answer to my question and it is no false premise. You know the answer, you just don't anyone else to know the difference. It does tie back strongly to the phrase "You never, ever, reward bad behavior."

Smart.

Your 100% correct.

Raised 4, put 3 thru college.

I can tell you that a couple thousand dollars per yer isn’t going to make a difference.

It definitely won’t cut poverty in half, Dumbass.

Haha...dumbmotherfuckers
This coming from a dude born with a silver spoon up his ass and used mommy and daddy’s money into adulthood as well.

WTF...Wrong.
You don’t know me.

Smart.

Your 100% correct.

Yeah I do. My grandmother worked 6 jobs just to support me, one at UGA and 5 separate part-time jobs elsewhere to support a meager $10/h income. And that was in the 1990's. Money was worth more then, and she still struggled. Stretching the dollar was all I knew.

So, the question, Billy, is do YOU know what you're talking about?

"The American Family Act would move 4 million children out of poverty, but continuing to tie the credit to earnings nearly halves that impact"

Other than money, what is the single most frequent reason for the difference between a child being raised in poverty or above the poverty level?
You’re missing the context of this entirely. That is referring to what it was before. The old tax credit had an earnings requirement. This tax credit does not require income to go along with it.

You didn't even read the headline much less comprehend any of that LONG sentence, did you?

I also asked this question but, of course, you ignored that totally, did you not?

Hey idiot you splice two phrases from two different sentences. You completely distorted the context. There is no answer to your question because it’s a stupid false premise.

Thank you for your intelligent response. If you will notice, I did not splice two phrases together, I copied and pasted YOUR source exactly. It doesn't distort the meaning as you did by only posting part of the headline, it makes it much clearer.

Yes, there is a solid, absolute answer to my question and it is no false premise. You know the answer, you just don't anyone else to know the difference. It does tie back strongly to the phrase "You never, ever, reward bad behavior."
Lol you aren’t fooling anyone. You just hoped I hadn’t read this. This is the full CONTEXT:

“The American Family Act's (AFA) proposed reforms to the Child Tax Credit (CTC) present an opportunity to transform the credit into one that works for all children, not just those whose parents earn enough to qualify. We find that the AFA would move 4 million children out of poverty and cut deep poverty among children in half. If the CTC’s credit values were to increase, as they do in the AFA, but with the credit still tied to earnings, this impact would be greatly reduced, and children with the fewest resources would again be left out. Even a less generous hike in the credit value alongside the elimination of the earnings requirement would do more to reduce child poverty than a more generous credit tied to earnings.”

The new law is NOT tied to earnings.

Smart.

Your 100% correct.

Yeah I do. My grandmother worked 6 jobs just to support me. And that was in the 1990's

The southern poverty whatever told him he is smart and stuff.

Lol you aren’t fooling anyone. You just hoped I hadn’t read this. This is the full CONTEXT:

“The American Family Act's (AFA) proposed reforms to the Child Tax Credit (CTC) present an opportunity to transform the credit into one that works for all children, not just those whose parents earn enough to qualify. We find that the AFA would move 4 million children out of poverty and cut deep poverty among children in half. If the CTC’s credit values were to increase, as they do in the AFA, but with the credit still tied to earnings, this impact would be greatly reduced, and children with the fewest resources would again be left out. Even a less generous hike in the credit value alongside the elimination of the earnings requirement would do more to reduce child poverty than a more generous credit tied to earnings.”

The new law is NOT tied to earnings.
How did they come to that conclusion? Let’s see their methodology and calculations.

Smart.

Your 100% correct.

Yeah I do. My grandmother worked 6 jobs just to support me, one at UGA and 5 separate part-time jobs elsewhere to support a meager $10/h income. And that was in the 1990's

You said this would incentivize mothers to have kids and I’m saying that logic makes no sense.

Haha...dumbmotherfuckers

Look at Billy hurling judgments at people he's never even met. It appears like the crystal ball you shoved up your backside broke long ago.

Haha...dumbmotherfuckers

WTF...Wrong.
You don’t know me.
You told me yourself this months ago. You know what I am saying is true.

Smart.

Your 100% correct.

Yeah I do. My grandmother worked 6 jobs just to support me, one at UGA and 5 separate part-time jobs elsewhere to support a meager $10/h income. And that was in the 1990's

You said this would incentivize mothers to have kids and I’m saying that logic makes no sense.

So, explain how the logic makes no sense. The onus is on you to prove your accusation.

To have kids, yes. Money is a great motivator but it doesn't necessarily teach a new, single mother how to be a good parent to her child. You know nothing about proper parenting.

Joe Biden is a genius. America has spent about $30 TRILLION on the War on Poverty since Johnson with no impact on the rate of poverty.

And here comes Jenius Joe with a simple $2000 tax credit and POOF! Half the child poverty is magically eliminated.

Cult indeed....

Haha...dumbmotherfuckers

WTF...Wrong.
You don’t know me.
You told me yourself this months ago. You know what I am saying is true.
You definitely have me confused with someone else. Sorry to disappoint you.

Joe Biden is a genius. America has spent about $30 TRILLION on the War on Poverty since Johnson with no impact on the rate of poverty.

And here comes Jenius Joe with a simple $2000 tax credit and POOF! Half the child poverty is magically eliminated.

Cult indeed....

I see an upgrade in cable. More money for pot and booze. Nicer flat screen. Nail salon upgrade. Rich Rich rich.

Cult indeed....

there will always be child poverty as long as the bum class keeps drinking up their welfare checks and food stamps

Forum List

Back