The case for price gouging

huh?
There is gas in NJ. the problem is that that about 80% of the gas stations have tanks of gas but no electricity to pump it.

Tell me how a free market would change that?

Have you asked yourself why they don't have generators? Or do you just assume you know the answer?

Clearly the stations could spend the money on expensive generators, but then they would take a loss because the gas prices are kept low. If they could raise the prices enough to make it worth their while to get the pumps up and running, people could go anywhere for gas and they'd be in and out.

These libturds think they are competent to run the economy, but every time they open their mouths they only prove they are too stupid to solve the simplest problems.

huh?
There is gas in NJ. the problem is that that about 80% of the gas stations have tanks of gas but no electricity to pump it.

Tell me how a free market would change that?

Have you asked yourself why they don't have generators? Or do you just assume you know the answer?

Clearly the stations could spend the money on expensive generators, but then they would take a loss because the gas prices are kept low. If they could raise the prices enough to make it worth their while to get the pumps up and running, people could go anywhere for gas and they'd be in and out.

I don't see why anybody that has taken class that even touches on economics doesn't get that.

The really weird part is that no one has even tried to articulate a case against raising prices when it is hard for stations to get gas. The best anyone can do is say it is illegal, like that settles it.

Forum List

Back