The Brexit dividend

Northern Ireland: police attacked in another night of disturbances

I guess that this is what happens when you rip up a treaty. Its a tragedy for the province that they put their faith in conservatives.

Northern Ireland’s justice minister has said the government’s “dishonesty” over the consequences of hard Brexit has contributed to the anger felt by loyalists, as police counted the cost of 41 officers injured during violence on the streets over four nights.

Naomi Long’s remarks came as tensions escalated in Northern Ireland, with the first minister and Democratic Unionist party leader, Arlene Foster, hitting out at the “arrogance of Sinn Féin” and telling the BBC the IRA army council still existed.

Long attributed the violence to a combination of loyalist protests over police success in cracking down on paramilitary gangs and disquiet she says has been stoked by Westminster leaders’ false rhetoric over Brexit.

The issue here is that most of the folk in the province knew that they were being lied to and voted remain. I would hope and pray that the upcoming violence only affects brexiters but I fear that the innocent will suffer.

Brexit Britain
1617824515192.png

"Loyalists" are terrified that the "Republicans" are somehow "winning" so are stoking up old hatreds amongst the youth that weren't alive during the Troubles. Sad. They've failed to grasp the fact that if you don't learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it, again and again.

"Loyalists" are terrified that the "Republicans" are somehow "winning" so are stoking up old hatreds amongst the youth that weren't alive during the Troubles. Sad. They've failed to grasp the fact that if you don't learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it, again and again.
I dont think that the folk who signed the GFA imagined a trumpian world with the likes of boris in a position of power.
I do believe he isnt arsed if they go, it would make his job easier.

I dont think that the folk who signed the GFA imagined a trumpian world with the likes of boris in a position of power.
What? To create a Fascist little England? Hated by the independant Scots, Welsh and Irish as neighbours *sigh* Spain looks better and better the longer that twat is in power.

What? To create a Fascist little England? Hated by the independant Scots, Welsh and Irish as neighbours *sigh* Spain looks better and better the longer that twat is in power.
Scotland is the only one they give a shit about because Liz owns most of it. Ireland will always be a nightmare and Wales is a problem with the language.

Have you noticed a load of right wing media spinning alternate reasons for the riots.? Ive seen the Republic blamed today.

Scotland is the only one they give a shit about because Liz owns most of it. Ireland will always be a nightmare and Wales is a problem with the language.

Have you noticed a load of right wing media spinning alternate reasons for the riots.? Ive seen the Republic blamed today.
Our "elites" really can't survive without all those grouse moors, I suppose. As for Ireland, I suspect the chant to be "anyone's fault but our Boris'"

I guess that this is what happens when you rip up a treaty. Its a tragedy for the province that they put their faith in conservatives.

The Tories have never cared about violence and the people of Northern Ireland. They just used the fascist DUP to keep themselves in power every so often.

Boris' deal was always a weird one. The Tories and their nationalism, and yet they go and do THE least nationalistic thing possible.

The Tories have never cared about violence and the people of Northern Ireland. They just used the fascist DUP to keep themselves in power every so often.

Boris' deal was always a weird one. The Tories and their nationalism, and yet they go and do THE least nationalistic thing possible.
I cant see a road out of this. You cant have a brexit and a GFA. They have had 5 years to find a solution to this and have produced nothing.
Possible solution would be for the whole UK to re-enter a deal with the EU the same as the one we had as members. That would enrage the frothers propping up boris though and I guess he would need to go , along with his party, to make it possible. Maybe Joe Biden has a solution ?

I cant see a road out of this. You cant have a brexit and a GFA. They have had 5 years to find a solution to this and have produced nothing.
Possible solution would be for the whole UK to re-enter a deal with the EU the same as the one we had as members. That would enrage the frothers propping up boris though and I guess he would need to go , along with his party, to make it possible. Maybe Joe Biden has a solution ?

I think there is no solution. They want chaos, they love chaos, it's what makes them feel good about life, the only thing.

Forum List

Back