The books coming out on the Trump administration, and what has to happen now

And Don Trump, seemingly, is notably lacking in his ability or willingness to listen to experienced advice. Maybe multiple bankruptcies, failed businesses, destroyed marriages......well, maybe those are clues to his effectiveness in 'thinking for himself'?
When it comes to this person, and this "movement" we make the mistake of including complexity and nuance to our observations. We look at a bigger picture, because we know that life is complicated. But the care and feeding of Trumpism boils down to one thing:

Trump knew going into this that all he needed to do was attach himself to the talk radio audience. Tap into their rage and paranoia and frustrations. Enflame it constantly and without remorse.

So things like daily intelligence briefings and appreciation of international affairs and thinking for himself are simply unnecessary. From Escalator Day forward, he has done one (1) thing and one thing alone: Engage and communicate directly to that specific audience. Non-stop, 24/7/365.

I'll give him this: He understands the power of target marketing. This country has never seen this before, and maybe the world hasn't either.

"Trump knew going into this that all he needed to do was attach himself to the talk radio audience. Tap into their rage and paranoia and frustrations. Enflame them."

Yes. That is perceptive. He effectivelly captured---with the guidance of Steve Bannon ----the Limbaugh HoneyBooBoo demographic, and has owned it an milked it. Molded them into the tithing Duped & Snookered.

Remember it was Bannon and his advocacy for the "Alt-Right" that so entranced the oft-bankrupted game show host. The rest is history.

"Trump knew going into this that all he needed to do was attach himself to the talk radio audience. Tap into their rage and paranoia and frustrations. Enflame them."

Yes. That is perceptive. He effectivelly captured---with the guidance of Steve Bannon ----the Limbaugh HoneyBooBoo demographic, and has owned it an milked it. Molded them into the tithing Duped & Snookered.

Remember it was Bannon and his advocacy for the "Alt-Right" that so entranced the oft-bankrupted game show host. The rest is history.
I wonder if even he is surprised at the intensity of this. While some obvious examples come to mind, I can't think of another national "leader" who inspired this degree of blind adoration and loyalty. Anywhere in the world.

Everyone -- even Republican politicians -- completely underestimated the depth of the rage, frustration and paranoia that was just sitting there, after being stoked and fed for decades by talk radio. Trump released it, and here we are.

You may be skeptical of the "lib media".....whatever and whoever that may be......but if Don Trump said it, to an author/reporter, and it is on tape.....well, you can wish to walk it back all you want, but............
If you have trump on tape then make it available to back up the book

If not then you got nuthin’

Trump knew going into this that all he needed to do was attach himself to the talk radio audience. Tap into their rage and paranoia and frustrations. Enflame it constantly and without remorse.
Thats a new approach

I wonder why didnt others running for office think of it?

Find a group of voters that no one represents or cares about and earn their vote by championing causes that are important to them.

Thats brilliant!

Thats a new approach

I wonder why didnt others running for office think of it?

Find a group of voters that no one represents or cares about and earn their vote by championing causes that are important to them.

Thats brilliant!
I've been saying this for years.

But I appreciate your kind words!

"...lefty infiltrators might have been responsible for things getting out of hand on 1/6 is plausible.
Your denial of that, marks you as the partisan zealot,......"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Plausible"? Plausible is now the standard?
You know, Jewish Space Laser Aliens could be plausible too. Homosexual Oathkeepers could be plausible too.
Son, you still are trying too hard.
You need to come up with a little more rigorous standard to ride into battle with....than "plausible".

You've got one very questionably left-leaning arrestee......vs....495 who have been charged so far. None, zero, nada, zilch.....claiming to be ANTIFA or BLM.

I stopped reading here dumbass.

You got a very angry crowd, how many experienced agitators does it take to turn it into a mob?

They wont. At least not for a long time. Else they would have already. Why is everyone so terrified of the orange blob? Buncha cowards.
I'm holding out some hope, but I doubt it as well.

I don't know what I would do if I were in their shoes. Your life would change overnight, and you and your family would be in danger.

They wont. At least not for a long time. Else they would have already. Why is everyone so terrified of the orange blob? Buncha cowards.
I'm holding out some hope, but I doubt it as well.

I don't know what I would do if I were in their shoes. Your life would change overnight, and you and your family would be in danger.
This belief of yours that only Trump voters have not been vaccinated is based on what?

Trump inherited an aging economic expansion that was, under normal circumstances, about to end.
Baloney. The economy was set to continue it's steady expansion. The mismanagement of the response to the new virus is all on Dr. Trumpenstein.

The expansion was WAY past the average age of expansions, It was over due to end.

Your denial is partisan bullshit.

Riiiiight. It shows you the strength of the Obama expansion and that it was built on solid economic ground, until Trump ripped the underpinning out from under it by slashing revenues, and running up the deficit. BIGLY.

Mmm, so you know that the obama expansion was old, when Trump took over.

Good.

So, drop hte shit pretending that it wasn't.

You assholes have tried to denigrate and deny the Obama Recovery from day one, and it was nowhere near over when Trump took office. Now you're trying to say that it was over anyway so it's not Trump's fault.

But the end of the Obama recovery doesn't mean that the economy has to crash and burn. Had Trump been a better fiscal manager, you could have simply had a recession. Trump's should never have cut taxes when he did with the budget still running a billion dollar a year deficit.

Every major tax cut by the Republican Party has been followed by the worst stock market crash since the Great Depression. Each crash has been worse than the last. Trump's being the worst of all. With each crash, the rich have gotten richer, and the poor have gotten poorer, and in each crash, Republicans bailed out private owned companies and their shareholders, but not the American working class which has been the hardest hit by Republican fiscal incompetence.

You continue to try to deflect and blame others for the abject failure of the Trump Administration. Trump took over a stable and growing economy, with the lowest level of illegal immigration in the past 50 years, and within 2 years, illegal immigration was at its highest levels in 20 years and Trump declared a National Emergency.

His attitudes towards the murder of unarmed black men on the streets of the nation, resulted in the worst racial unrest since the 1960's. And his pandemic response killed 600,000 Americans - 15% of the worlds deaths for 3% of the world's population.

Now you're going to say that Trump didn't cause ANY of these things, but Trump isn't being judged because these things happened on his watch, he is being judged because in every case, his policies and response to the various crises was to make everything worse.

There are valid complaints to be made about Trump's economic policies. Admit the role of the Chinese Virus, and I will address your points. Otherwise, I dismiss you as a partisan hack.

Some poster earlier in the thread, I forget who (Nostromo?) complained of 'anonymous sources'.....well, they weren't all anonymous.
Willliam Barr for example, I used his quoted words in another nearby thread on these new books on the Trump presidency. Here it is again.

And then the quoted conversation that, in my narrow world, confirmed what I have heard from friends, neighbors, and acquaintances.
To wit:

"Barr counsels him that “I feel like you are going to lose the election… I feel like you are actually losing touch with your own base…

“I have yet to meet anybody who supports you who hasn’t said to me, ‘We love the president, but would you please tell him to turn it back a bit?’… You are going to lose because there’s going to be enough people who otherwise would vote for you who are just tired of the acrimony, the pettiness, the punching down and picking a fight at every moment, and the apparent chaos, and they’re just going to say, ‘We’re tired of this shit.’…

“I think that if you wanted to you could walk into a second term, COVID and all. You could go down in history as an amazing president, and it’s yours for the taking. But it’s about you, and you’re turning off enough people to lose the election.”

What William Barr is reported to have told Don Trump tracks closely with what Trump's own pollster, Tony Fabrizio, told him AFTER he had lost. To wit: people think you are untrustworthy, and incompetent.*
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lies, Lies, its' all Lies" he'll say as he tosses volume after volume into the cleansing flames.

Yeah, that is a cinematic scene the poster envisions. It likely brings to mind Trump advisers telling him ......"But, Boss, you yourself said that stuff. On tape. To reporters." Well, in truth, that one is my fanciful envisioning.

We do know though, that his advisors were skeptical of Trump trooping reporters into Mar-A-Lago.
Here is what today's 'Politico' reported in their piece on this current wave of books:

"Eager to put his own positive spin on the books, Trump agreed to sit down with a parade of reporters at Mar-a-Lago. That included interviews with Bender, author Michael Wolff, ABC News’ Jonathan Karl, Pulitzer Prize winning Washington Post journalists Carol Leonnig and Philip Rucker, The New York Times’ Maggie Haberman, and Jeremy Peters, among others."

And to drive that point home, Sean Spicer (remember him?)....was quoted saying this: (also in Politico)
“I understand the rationale, but it was a strategic mistake to sit down with these folks — you’re giving them credibility. It’s hard to say, ‘I sat down with them and they got it wrong.’ ..... said Sean Spicer, Trump’s former press secretary.........
Yeah, I can't imagine that anyone would be surprised by any of this. And, even if many sources did step up, the cult would attack them and say they're lying anyway.

Some people have already spoken out publicly, but we need more of this.

Barring health issues, Trump is going to run again.

In a healthy society, his record would be compared to Biden's record as the primary issue of the campaign.

The panic mongering smear campaign is an attempt to avoid that.

Why are you already taking steps to avoid discussing issues in the 2024 campaign? Are you that sure that Biden will be a failure?

You know on nearly every metric Trump failed...

He took a healthy Economy and left it in shit...
Immigration deportations were way down and Trump resorted to deporting mothers of US citizens

I got to here and I was done.

Trump inherited an aging economic expansion that was, under normal circumstances, about to end. He managed to nurse it along and even reinvigorate it, with reduced regulation, until the Chinese Virus hit.

Deporting the "mothers of US citizens" is deporting illegals. YOur excuses for NOT deporting them, is endless.

NO HE DID NOT. He took a solid and stable economy, and ran it straight into a tree with his tax cuts and prolifigate spending.

If your economic expansion is coming to an end, then you're going to need revenues to stimulate the economy through the coming recession. Trump's tax cuts had the opposite effect. They slashed revenues so that when the recession came, the government had no funds to effectively fight it.

While a recession might have been expected, Trump's tax cuts and deficit spending, combined with the sheer costs of testing and treating more than 30 million sick Americans, lead to an economic crash, rather than the recession.

As for deportation, Donald Trump didn't deport people. He had fewer deportations that either Obama or Clinton. Donald Trump imposed cruelty, and abused on immigrants. His policies were unconstitutional, violated both American law and international law. The "stolen" children will grow up and sue the USA and they will win millions.

You cheered the abuses and the cruelty. Both of which were unnecessary and have cost the USA dearly in terms of reputation and standing. When you treat refugees as criminals and sub-human, it reflects very badly on both your government and your people that they would tolerate such disgusting and abusive treatment.

Last but not least, you "English as second language" types who showed up here in 2015 with your broken English and lack of the most basic knowledge of life in North America, have relentlessly cheered every disgusting, illegal, and destructive thing that Trump did. Like you WANT to see the USA destroyed.

Trump could not have been more successful in destroying the country than if he had set out to destroy the nation.
Where is Biden going to get the TRILLIONS!!!!! of dollars to pay for AOC's fucking wet dream GND?
From the 1%?
Wise up.
Biden doesn't know if he's just shit his pants.
Life truly is wonderful!
The 'Cocksucker' VP has zero chance of getting elected next President. This is what has the fucking DEMs and the LIB MSM so pissed off.
They hitched their wagon to a couple of fucking losers who couldn't even win their DEM nomination race. Now they are stuck with Harris. Who is she going to choose as her running mate? Beto? Abrams? HAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

So I guess there are three or four books coming out that outline some pretty disturbing stuff that allegedly took place in the White House between 2017 and 2021. More after that, no doubt.

Little I've heard about is surprising, given what we already know. But the details coming out about Trump's generals and their discussions on how to handle him if he went off the deep end are significant.

If this stuff is true, then this country REALLY needs these people to surrender their anonymity and speak out to confirm the reports. Yes, their lives will then be in danger, and those of their loved ones. But I hope they decide to speak on the record, and the same goes for the unnamed sources in the other books. Perhaps if enough of them speak out the danger will be reduced.

I know this is asking a lot, but the country needs you right now, folks.

The top generals apparently were full of shit- President Trump left office peaceably as expected, even though Sleepy Joe snubbed him on his way out , which is unprecedented incivility.

Wolff's book is instructive because of the argument at its heart -- that Trump was not a proto-dictator scheming to seize power, but a bumbling amateur incapable of organizing any serious threat to the nation.

Wolff rejects the portrait of Trump as someone engaged in "a corrupt, cynical, despotic effort to hold on to power and to subvert democracy." Instead, he suggests that what happened to Trump was "a far more complicated human and political tale of desperation and delusion," one in which Trump was an incompetent leader who haplessly wandered into an insurrection, only to be abandoned by his allies, like former Attorney General William Barr, and emerge in the end "a team of one."

He called for a protest to put political pressure on Congress. It got out of hand. There was a small, short riot, of a few hours.

Considering the HUNDREDS OF RIOTS from the left over the four years of the Trump presidency, one would expect that the ONE riot from the right, would not get much attention.

Unless of course, the libtards feel like using it to distract from their own far worse and far more numerous riots.
It was much bigger than a small riot, and it was incited by Trump and his cronnies with lies about election fraud that never happened.

It was one of the biggest disgraces in US history and you seem to forget they are fully investigating it and everything will be exposed.

Get ya popcorn ready !

ONe small riot, relatively little damage. In the context of widespread civil unrest from the Left.

It was nothing. A much bigger disgrace than a 4 hour delay in certification, is the violation of the rights of the righty rioters, who are being targeted far more aggressively than the lefty rioters, thus violating the equal protection clause.
Keep telling yourself that. Watch what happens when the evidence comes out.

The Trump insurrection was one of the most disgraceful events in US history.
Hardly. It doesn't even come close to the fraudulent election of Joe Biden.
Waaaaaah waaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaah.

"Let me whine cry & piss & moan. It makes me feel better. Leave me alone"!
You're the one who seems to be whining, turd blossom. There was noinsurrection, just a protest that got out of hand. There was nothing more disgraceful than 8 months of BLM riots.
Yea, they even took a time out to build a gallows to hang Pence from. Just a walk in the park.
Did they actually hang anyone?

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

Geez, it's almost like building gallows, is a recurring political trapping, and not a serious attempt to have public executions?

What a shock. Perhaps the leftards are just honestly unaware of this, and now that you have informed them of this information, they will be grateful and thanks you and everyone can feel better?

So I guess there are three or four books coming out that outline some pretty disturbing stuff that allegedly took place in the White House between 2017 and 2021. More after that, no doubt.

Little I've heard about is surprising, given what we already know. But the details coming out about Trump's generals and their discussions on how to handle him if he went off the deep end are significant.

If this stuff is true, then this country REALLY needs these people to surrender their anonymity and speak out to confirm the reports. Yes, their lives will then be in danger, and those of their loved ones. But I hope they decide to speak on the record, and the same goes for the unnamed sources in the other books. Perhaps if enough of them speak out the danger will be reduced.

I know this is asking a lot, but the country needs you right now, folks.

The top generals apparently were full of shit- President Trump left office peaceably as expected, even though Sleepy Joe snubbed him on his way out , which is unprecedented incivility.
Class is one thing no one expects from a Democrat.

Wolff's book is instructive because of the argument at its heart -- that Trump was not a proto-dictator scheming to seize power, but a bumbling amateur incapable of organizing any serious threat to the nation.

Wolff rejects the portrait of Trump as someone engaged in "a corrupt, cynical, despotic effort to hold on to power and to subvert democracy." Instead, he suggests that what happened to Trump was "a far more complicated human and political tale of desperation and delusion," one in which Trump was an incompetent leader who haplessly wandered into an insurrection, only to be abandoned by his allies, like former Attorney General William Barr, and emerge in the end "a team of one."

He called for a protest to put political pressure on Congress. It got out of hand. There was a small, short riot, of a few hours.

Considering the HUNDREDS OF RIOTS from the left over the four years of the Trump presidency, one would expect that the ONE riot from the right, would not get much attention.

Unless of course, the libtards feel like using it to distract from their own far worse and far more numerous riots.
It was much bigger than a small riot, and it was incited by Trump and his cronnies with lies about election fraud that never happened.

It was one of the biggest disgraces in US history and you seem to forget they are fully investigating it and everything will be exposed.

Get ya popcorn ready !

ONe small riot, relatively little damage. In the context of widespread civil unrest from the Left.

It was nothing. A much bigger disgrace than a 4 hour delay in certification, is the violation of the rights of the righty rioters, who are being targeted far more aggressively than the lefty rioters, thus violating the equal protection clause.
Keep telling yourself that. Watch what happens when the evidence comes out.

The Trump insurrection was one of the most disgraceful events in US history.
Hardly. It doesn't even come close to the fraudulent election of Joe Biden.
Waaaaaah waaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaah.

"Let me whine cry & piss & moan. It makes me feel better. Leave me alone"!
You're the one who seems to be whining, turd blossom. There was noinsurrection, just a protest that got out of hand. There was nothing more disgraceful than 8 months of BLM riots.
Yea, they even took a time out to build a gallows to hang Pence from. Just a walk in the park.
Did they actually hang anyone?
No, & the guy who planted bombs near the capitol is still on the loose. They didn't go off because they were discovered & disarmed so I guess that means he did nothing wrong, right retard?
In their world, that's correct.

Remember, this was just a tour that got a little frisky.

The top generals apparently were full of shit- President Trump left office peaceably as expected
Hahaha, um yeah his police beating MAGAMOB stayed clear of DC for some reason when Good old Joe was sworn in. But, like the schoolyard coward/bully he is Trumpybear and his Neo-GOP enablers, keeps the MOB in bitter fighting spirit with the BIGLIE.

Forum List

Back