The big picture: Global Authoritarianism

i bet he would say he is....
You got it

the other mac claims to be a non partisan Tweener

he’s anything but

does it offend you that a fake Tweener is trespassing on your territory?

‘specially since he voted for biden

2. Putin may have had his ego stroked too much with the recent spike in oil revenue and flush with cash upgraded his military, so why keep it on the shelf, use it to advantage. Instead of upgrading the pitiful Russian economy. Biden gave Putin the excess cash by shutting down US oil & gas production.
He's been isolated for two years with freaks whispering in his ear. He's like a QAnon freak gone down the rabbit hole. And oh by the way...under Biden US oil production is up 16%
3. If you are trying to link Trump to Putin as an overly aggressive "global authoritarian" I disagree. Trump is no Putin, besides, here in the US the president cannot order the US military to attack without congressional approval. The joint chiefs would refuse illegal orders.
He tried...and failed...to use them IN THIS COUNTRY

The system held but only barely

Thanks, but you are very confused. While you are correct that the globalists are busy with the Great Reset, Trumpism is the opposite of Global Authoritarianism. As Trump's biggest fan, I would know.

Regards,
Jim
No, you're confused.

Authoritarianism occurring globally, not authoritarianism by globalists. This strain of authoritarianism includes blind, isolationist nationalism.

I swear, I try to keep things simple for you guys. I really do.

Holy crap.

gSdH2ur.jpg

Last edited:
You got it

the other mac claims to be a non partisan Tweener

he’s anything but

does it offend you that a fake Tweener is trespassing on your territory?

‘specially since he voted for biden
no it doesnt most here know he is a phony....the other mac just cant figure out why so many here think he is a liberal democrat...

The domestic political reactions to the ugly events in Ukraine have exposed something that I don't think I've been seeing clearly enough.

As we know, authoritarians, terrorists and criminals often ultimately get their way by having the sheer will to do things that more decent people wouldn't even think of doing. They ignore common laws and rules of behavior, create delusional justifications for their behaviors, and then just maul others with the force of their will. That's what Putin is doing right now. This is who he is.

And there are obviously many in America and globally who are sympathetic to his behaviors. They would clearly rather attack those he's attacking than harshly criticize this murderous thug. So I'm thinking maybe it's time to replace a term I often use -- "Tr......pism" -- with a term that would more accurately describe the larger, macro picture: Global Authoritarianism. The free world, represented (at least to a degree) by NATO, will have its hands full as it takes on an adversary who will do absolutely anything to "win", while the free world is trying to play by the rules of decency.

This issue was noticed and discussed a couple of years ago, as people who think alike tend to gravitate towards each other:

NATO is the criminal organization here. Morphing from a defense packed into a band of hired thugs with expansionist ambitions they moved into Ukraine a decade ago and began assassinating political opponents and manipulating local politics very much against their original charter promises. I'm no big fan of Vladimir Putin however in this case he is rescuing Ukraine not conquering it.

1. I think I agree with the OP. Years ago Saddam Hussein attacked Iran and then took Kuwait. Just by the force of his will and ambitions.

2. Putin may have had his ego stroked too much with the recent spike in oil revenue and flush with cash upgraded his military, so why keep it on the shelf, use it to advantage. Instead of upgrading the pitiful Russian economy. Biden gave Putin the excess cash by shutting down US oil & gas production.

3. If you are trying to link Trump to Putin as an overly aggressive "global authoritarian" I disagree. Trump is no Putin, besides, here in the US the president cannot order the US military to attack without congressional approval. The joint chiefs would refuse illegal orders.

4. Are you using Trump's recent praise of Putin as part of your rationale'? I don't know why Trump praisied Putin. Is he blowing smoke? Is he playing him for some reason? Does he have a sincere admiration for dictators? It doesn't matter. What matters is that Trump's many gaffes will be used against him in the 2024 GOP primaries, so once again Trump doesn't understand US politics.
Biden didn't cut US oil production. That reduction was during the covid lockdown of 2020. Trump was president.

NATO is the criminal organization here. Morphing from a defense packed into a band of hired thugs with expansionist ambitions they moved into Ukraine a decade ago and began assassinating political opponents and manipulating local politics very much against their original charter promises. I'm no big fan of Vladimir Putin however in this case he is rescuing Ukraine not conquering it.
Putin is killing Ukrainians.

And there ya go.
The price of natural gas in Europe has increased 60 percent and Putin is threatening to cut it off. He also plans to annex other countries and warns that there will be consequences if anyone tries to stop him. This is what Trump supports. Meanwhile, Biden accuses big oil of gouging. Things sure are screwed up.

No, you're confused.

Authoritarianism occurring globally, not authoritarianism by globalists. This strain of authoritarianism includes blind, isolationist nationalism.

I swear, I try to keep things simple for you guys. I really do.

Holy crap.

gSdH2ur.jpg
I agree. Important distinction.

Putin however in this case he is rescuing Ukraine not conquering it.
I dont agree with that

putin is a dictator who is trying to reprise the old soviet union

and then there is poor misinformed Mac1958 who sees only black and white

in his world everyone - particularly the hated trumpsters - agree with him or the are putin supporters

I dont agree with that

putin is a dictator who is trying to reprise the old soviet union

and then there is poor misinformed Mac1958 who sees only black and white

in his world everyone - particularly the hated trumpsters - agree with him or the are putin supporters
Those two regions have been Russian forever. The lines drawn in 1991 are bullshit.

Forum List

Back