THE BIG LIE!: 5.6% Unemployment from the guy who should KNOW!!!

When the method becomes misleading on the true state of the economy then another method should be used.

Underemployment should be a major factor in unemployment accounting.
And underemployment is DOWN since Obama came into office. When Bush left there were 7,911,000 underemployed and there are 6,699,000 now.

Only because the labor participation rate went down.

Figure it out.

Fewer are working because of either retirement or lack of good jobs.

Is that how the UE rate fell during Bush's terms?

Figure it out.
I have every confidence that when the labor force participation rate goes up, Fox News and Breitbart and the Washington Times will be right there to whisper in your ear and tell you why that is a bad thing.

Every confidence.

Non sequitur
Fox News did not hesitate to tell the rubes why dropping gas prices are a bad thing.

Every confidence.

I watch Fox.

Never happened.

Liar
th

U IDIOT ..

Falling gas prices a bad sign On Air Videos Fox News

cheap gas/bad economy

STFU

Figure it out.
I have every confidence that when the labor force participation rate goes up, Fox News and Breitbart and the Washington Times will be right there to whisper in your ear and tell you why that is a bad thing.

Every confidence.

Non sequitur
Fox News did not hesitate to tell the rubes why dropping gas prices are a bad thing.

Every confidence.

I watch Fox.

Never happened.

Liar
th

U IDIOT ..

cheap gas/bad economy

STFU

Did you watch the video?

I saw nothing but positive news on this. They did say it may be due to economic slowdown, but they put a positive spin on by saying this may be the end of high prices for good.

So STFU ASSHOLE!@!!

you just wonder how ANYONE can still believe a word out of this administrations mouth. If you still take them at their word, then you deserve to be DECEIVED by them
Again, this administration didn't invent the U-3 measure.

It has been around for a long time and is based on ILO's formula.

And it doesn't tell whole story meathead.

Every confidence.

Non sequitur

Every confidence.

I watch Fox.

Never happened.

Liar
th

U IDIOT ..

cheap gas/bad economy

STFU

Every confidence.

Non sequitur

Every confidence.

I watch Fox.

Never happened.

Liar
th

U IDIOT ..

cheap gas/bad economy

STFU

Did you watch the video?

I saw nothing but positive news on this. They did say it may be due to economic slowdown, but they put a positive spin on by saying this may be the end of high prices for good.

So STFU ASSHOLE!@!!

Fox says cheap gas indicates a weak economy, and you see a weak economy as POSITIVE NEWS ?

apparently you're too damn stupid to understand why sane individuals find you to be a TOTAL IDIOT,

GFY, Boi.

None of them tell the whole story, that is why there are multiple measures.

Which of course doesn't make any of them "a lie" but I wouldn't expect a low-wage uneducated whiny pinhead like yourself to understand the difference.

Nope. The Loony left was using the same talking points about President Bush too.
Exactly this.

When a repub is in office the lefties will be screaming the exact same thing, that unemployment is actually much higher because they don't like the way it is calculated.

Now here we are with a dem in office and righties doing it.

Funny shit, politics.

Every confidence.

I watch Fox.

Never happened.

Liar
Falling oil prices could hurt US producers fracking industry Fox News
Falling oil prices could hurt US producers, fracking industry
By Kelly David Burke

Published December 16, 2014

FoxNews.com
With the price of oil now below $56 a barrel, drivers are smiling at the gas pump. However, American oil producers and the states whose economies rely on them are bracing for tougher times ahead.

"If oil drops five dollars a barrel, that's about a $17 million loss to our general fund and $17 million to schools in Wyoming -- a total of about $35 million," Wyoming Gov. Matt Mead told Fox News. He said, depending on various factors, the oil industry makes up about 30 percent of the state's revenue.

The irony in the falling prices is that the success of U.S. producers using hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling technologies is partly responsible, along with slowing demand by struggling Asian and European markets. Now that success could come back to bite the so-called fracking industry and other drillers in America.

Mead acknowledged that in the short term, lower gas prices will benefit businesses and residents in his sparsely populated state, where distances between towns are often calculated in hours instead of minutes.

But, he pointed out, "If we see low prices continue for some time, we'll see rigs start to lay down. And it's not just the direct revenue. It's the hotels, restaurants and all that goes with that."

Not to mention jobs.

"Mead acknowledged that in the short term, lower gas prices will benefit businesses and residents in his sparsely populated state, where distances between towns are often calculated in hours instead of minutes."

Looks like a positive.

I remember them saying this but it was openly disputed by others on the program, so you may find a story or two where it was mentioned, but it was reported, not focused on.

The fact is lower gas prices have been reported by Fox news to help the economy.​

Nope. The Loony left was using the same talking points about President Bush too.
Exactly this.

When a repub is in office the lefties will be screaming the exact same thing, that unemployment is actually much higher because they don't like the way it is calculated.

Now here we are with a dem in office and righties doing it.

Funny shit, politics.

I remember when Democrats were defending high prices by saying it was indicative of a strong economy.

None of them tell the whole story, that is why there are multiple measures.

Which of course doesn't make any of them "a lie" but I wouldn't expect a low-wage uneducated whiny pinhead like yourself to understand the difference.

Bet I make more than you, prick.

Misleading the public is just another way of lying.

That would be a poor bet, I remember when you were on here crying about losing hours from your shitty low brainpower low wage job. Ooh! Break time! I was only posting during my designated break time! Heh, funny shit calling other people meat heads you easily replaced simpleton monkey.

Misleading by using a measure where the methodology is clearly published on BLS sites, and is in-line with the most commonly used internationally measure of unemployment.

You're mistaking your personal ignorance for being misled, you shouldn't relying on the government to hand hold dumb fucks like you who don't have the brains or initiative to understand that which you whine about.

Has the methodology for counting the unemployed changed over the past six years?

So, if the methodology hasn't changed, the relative rates of unemployment using that methodology are what matters.
It's the Gallup guy that's being dishonest.

Last edited:
That would be a poor bet, I remember when you were on here crying about losing hours from your shitty low brainpower low wage job. Ooh! Break time! I was only posting during my designated break time! Heh, funny shit calling other people meat heads you easily replaced simpleton monkey.

Misleading by using a measure where the methodology is clearly published on BLS sites, and is in-line with the most commonly used internationally measure of unemployment.

You're mistaking your personal ignorance for being misled, you shouldn't relying on the government to hand hold dumb fucks like you who don't have the brains or initiative to understand that which you whine about.
I make over $200k/yr. Investment real estate.

My job is just for the benefits.

Fuck off prick.

The point is, the UE 3 is misleading and not a true indication of the strength of the economy. If 43 million people are on food stamps and the labor participation rate is only 62% then the economy sucks.

Fuck off prick.
Hey why fuck off, we were having a discussion and you wanted to roll in calling people meathead right off the bat, so let's do insults. Why don't you whine some more about your hours being cut? Tell us about going back to mowing lawns. Bitch about having to change out another belt at work.

I remember you trying to pull this 200k lie before and got exposed not even understanding how tax brackets work much less understanding anything about small business. You're not only a bottom feeder you're a proven liar too.

The point is, the UE 3 is misleading and not a true indication of the strength of the economy.
That wold be a stupid point, U3 isn't misleading because it is precisely defined on the BLS web site. Morons like you are misled by it because you are an uneducated blowhard who only has a puddle deep understanding of anything in life.

There are many indicators of the strength of an economy, and yes U3 is one of them albeit a lagging one by itself it isn't a good barometer.

If 43 million people are on food stamps and the labor participation rate is only 62% then the economy sucks.
Ahh so that U3 percentage indicator that has been going down is no good, but hey you'll trot out an absolute amount of number of people on food stamps and declare that the true measure of an economy. What labor force participation rate (a measure that has been down since the 90s) magically transforms it into a good economy? 63%? 65?

No wonder you're stuck playing around with a screwdriver in the rain, don't quite your job that only requires a few dozen synapses to fire per hour.

Fuck off prick.
Hey why fuck off, we were having a discussion and you wanted to roll in calling people meathead right off the bat, so let's do insults. Why don't you whine some more about your hours being cut? Tell us about going back to mowing lawns. Bitch about having to change out another belt at work.

I remember you trying to pull this 200k lie before and got exposed not even understanding how tax brackets work much less understanding anything about small business. You're not only a bottom feeder you're a proven liar too.

Whatever.

I pull in 10-12k a month in rents, another $4500k at the job.

I really don't care what you think, because you're just some fuckwad on the internet. What you think doesn't equal a bucket of spit.

Forum List

Back