THE BIG LIE!: 5.6% Unemployment from the guy who should KNOW!!!

The point is, the UE 3 is misleading and not a true indication of the strength of the economy.
That wold be a stupid point, U3 isn't misleading because it is precisely defined on the BLS web site. Morons like you are misled by it because you are an uneducated blowhard who only has a puddle deep understanding of anything in life.

There are many indicators of the strength of an economy, and yes U3 is one of them albeit a lagging one by itself it isn't a good barometer.

If 43 million people are on food stamps and the labor participation rate is only 62% then the economy sucks.
Ahh so that U3 percentage indicator that has been going down is no good, but hey you'll trot out an absolute amount of number of people on food stamps and declare that the true measure of an economy. What labor force participation rate (a measure that has been down since the 90s) magically transforms it into a good economy? 63%? 65?

No wonder you're stuck playing around with a screwdriver in the rain, don't quite your job that only requires a few dozen synapses to fire per hour.

The UE 3 is just an oversimplification of employment. It doesn't tell us the whole story. In terms of economics it is just used to give us a general impression of the job market. Offering Social Security Disability to millions of people who don't deserve it distorted the true jobs market as did extending unemployment benefits to 99weeks in hopes of developing an entitlement mentality in the workforce. It's like hooking millions of people on free heroin. They get hooked.

I pull in 10-12k a month in rents, another $4500k at the job.
That doesn't match up with previous statements, remember this is a message board when your lies aren't consistent they are easily exposed.

I really don't care what you think, because you're just some fuckwad on the internet. What you think doesn't equal a bucket of spit.
You brought it when you came into the thread hurling insults at me, now suddenly you're above it all eh? Next time try to join the discussion by addressing the topic instead of calling people meathead, we get along better.

The UE 3 is just an oversimplification of employment. It doesn't tell us the whole story. In terms of economics it is just used to give us a general impression of the job market.
All the measures have issues giving an accurate picture, take U-6 and you've got all sorts of people not looking for work because they are taking time off for their own reasons be it school or whatever. That is no better a picture.

I pull in 10-12k a month in rents, another $4500k at the job.
That doesn't match up with previous statements, remember this is a message board when your lies aren't consistent they are easily exposed.

I really don't care what you think, because you're just some fuckwad on the internet. What you think doesn't equal a bucket of spit.
You brought it when you came into the thread hurling insults at me, now suddenly you're above it all eh? Next time try to join the discussion by addressing the topic instead of calling people meathead, we get along better.

Maybe if you developed a thicker skin you wouldn't come off as such an elitist prick.

And the income I stated is consistent with past statements. I just don't make a habit of talking about it all of the time

The UE 3 is just an oversimplification of employment. It doesn't tell us the whole story. In terms of economics it is just used to give us a general impression of the job market.
All the measures have issues giving an accurate picture, take U-6 and you've got all sorts of people not looking for work because they are taking time off for their own reasons be it school or whatever. That is no better a picture.
Agreed.

The current U-6 unemployment number is 11.2%. Does that make you happier, RWnuts?
No, it's not high enough for them.

What they're too stupid to comprehend is that by whatever metric one employs to determine the unemployment rate -- It's still lower now than when Obama became president.

Maybe if you developed a thicker skin you wouldn't come off as such an elitist prick.
Ahh interesting rationalization for walking into thread acting like an asshole, and funny you can dish it out but hate when it comes back.

And the income I stated is consistent with past statements. I just don't make a habit of talking about it all of the time
No it doesn't, and you're full of shit, and everyone laughed about it last time you tried the 200k thing then didn't understand tiered taxes, profit vs. revenue, etc.

Ahh interesting rationalization for walking into thread acting like an asshole, and funny you can dish it out but hate when it comes back.

No it doesn't, and you're full of shit, and everyone laughed about it last time you tried the 200k thing then didn't understand tiered taxes, profit vs. revenue, etc.
I don't believe that everyone laughed. And I understand taxes. I also understand the difference between profit and revenue. You think if you can throw a few simple terms at me you can stump me you're mistaken. It's basically Business 101. Now Physics is pretty tough but the most confusing thing about owning a business is figuring out your taxes, keeping up with the changes, and Turbotax pretty much eliminated that problem. While going to income tax preparers school they taught us about tiers in the tax code the first week.

What you're trying to do is use ridicule as a weapon, and considering the fact that you're just some silly schmuck on the internet you might as well blow a popcorn fart in a fucken hurricane. Don't waste your time. Nobody believes that somebody who makes any kind of cash would waste their time arguing with pricks on the internet. I just do it because it exercises my mind. Helps me to keep informed and improves my memory.

Last edited:
I don't believe that everyone laughed.
That is because you are in denial after being the butt of jokes.

And I understand taxes. I also understand the difference between profit and revenue. You think if you can throw a few simple terms at me you can stump me you're mistaken.
It wasn't me who said those terms and I'm not interested in confusing an idiot, it was the other posters responding to your obvious bullshit that who were pointing it out.

What you're trying to do is use ridicule as a weapon
Ah hah! You are correct here and why am I doing this? Because first post you made in this thread to me in what had been a relatively civil discussion, was to tack on childish name calling insults on the end for no other reason than to prove how much off an asshole you are.

So yes, I call you out on your bullshit, on being stupid, and on being repeatedly exposes as full of shit. Go fix another broken belt and cry some more about how wage cuts are ruining you.

Offering Social Security Disability to millions of people who don't deserve it distorted the true jobs market as did extending unemployment benefits to 99weeks in hopes of developing an entitlement mentality in the workforce. It's like hooking millions of people on free heroin. They get hooked.
So now the disabled do not "deserve" help!

Then Bush's job market was even more distorted than Obama's, yet no Right-winger complained about Bush' abuse of disability awards to lower his UE rate! Every year without exception disability awards increased under the Bush Regime. Disability awards under Obama have been decreasing for the last 4 years.

The point is, the UE 3 is misleading and not a true indication of the strength of the economy.
That wold be a stupid point, U3 isn't misleading because it is precisely defined on the BLS web site. Morons like you are misled by it because you are an uneducated blowhard who only has a puddle deep understanding of anything in life.

There are many indicators of the strength of an economy, and yes U3 is one of them albeit a lagging one by itself it isn't a good barometer.

If 43 million people are on food stamps and the labor participation rate is only 62% then the economy sucks.
Ahh so that U3 percentage indicator that has been going down is no good, but hey you'll trot out an absolute amount of number of people on food stamps and declare that the true measure of an economy. What labor force participation rate (a measure that has been down since the 90s) magically transforms it into a good economy? 63%? 65?

No wonder you're stuck playing around with a screwdriver in the rain, don't quite your job that only requires a few dozen synapses to fire per hour.

The UE 3 is just an oversimplification of employment. It doesn't tell us the whole story. In terms of economics it is just used to give us a general impression of the job market. Offering Social Security Disability to millions of people who don't deserve it distorted the true jobs market as did extending unemployment benefits to 99weeks in hopes of developing an entitlement mentality in the workforce. It's like hooking millions of people on free heroin. They get hooked.

U-3 isn't the only unemployment figure given. It's not surprising you don't know that.

U-3 isn't the only unemployment figure given. It's not surprising you don't know that.
Technically, only the U-1, U-2, and U-3 are unemployment rates. The U-4, U-5, and U-6 include people who are not unemployed in the numerator and the U-6 even includes people who have jobs (some of whom have full time jobs). So those are rates of underutilization, not unemployment.

Official stats are lying, websites, newsportals too.
Everybody knows that our unemployment rate is much higher than 12%. But the main target of future candidates is to show, that all is much better that we think.
The only problem is... Today, America have much more smart persons than ever!

Everybody knows that our unemployment rate is much higher than 12%. But the main target of future candidates is to show, that all is much better that we think.
Nah, the true unemployment rate is closer to 70%! But the government can't let the public find out.

From Jim Clifton is Chairman and CEO at Gallup.

If you perform a minimum of one hour of work in a week and are paid at least $20 -- maybe someone pays you to mow their lawn -- you're not officially counted as unemployed in the much-reported 5.6%. Few Americans know this.

Yet another figure of importance that doesn't get much press: those working part time but wanting full-time work. If you have a degree in chemistry or math and are working 10 hours part time because it is all you can find -- in other words, you are severely underemployed -- the government doesn't count you in the 5.6%. Few Americans know this.

There's no other way to say this. The official unemployment rate, which cruelly overlooks the suffering of the long-term and often permanently unemployed as well as the depressingly underemployed,
amounts to a Big Lie.
Right now, as many as 30 million Americans are either out of work or severely underemployed. Trust me, the vast majority of them aren't throwing parties to toast "falling" unemployment.
Gallup defines a good job as 30+ hours per week for an organization that provides a regular paycheck. Right now, the U.S. is delivering at a staggeringly low rate of 44%, which is the number of full-time jobs as a percent of the adult population, 18 years and older.

The Big Lie 5.6 Unemployment

The method of measuring unemployment hasn't changed significantly under the Obama administration. So its an apples to apples comparison to previous presidencies and previous decades.

As for the lower rate of Americans working, that's a Labor Participation rate issue. With the LPR being in decline since the end of the tech bubble in 2000 or so. It has far more to do with the retirement of baby boomers than a weak economy.

Nah, the true unemployment rate is closer to 70%! But the government can't let the public find out.

lol, if you count people not working who still receive income of some sort as negative employment,

the UE rate is 122%

No shit sherlock.
If you'll notice it's connected to CEO of Gallup Jim Cliftons earlier remarks about the true unemployment rate.
Which is what the damn thread is about.

Labor Participation and unemployment are two different conversations. The former has much more to do with the baby boomers retiring than economic issues. And has been declining for about 15 years.

Forum List

Back