The Bible Is The Story Of God And His Plan To Fix The World

Can you show me where you believe the NT states that satan was defeated.
I did. Read my post. Jesus cast him out of the world two thousand years ago.

And during Jesus' ministry, Satan was falling from heaven (Lk 10:18). That is, he was shaking up the temple hierarchy.

He was thrown into the abyss (Rv 20:10).
So Jesus defeated satan before he was sacrificed? Who told you that Luke 10:18 meant that Christ defeated satan? How did Christ defeat satan?
Have you still not read John 2:31? Jesus cast Satan out of the world.

You should start with some basics. I suggest first realizing that ancient Israel's scriptures are about ancient Israel, not you. Once you begin to grasp that, maybe you can search for some parallels between the book of Revelation and the First Jewish War.
There is no John 2:31.

And during Jesus' ministry, Satan was falling from heaven (Lk 10:18). That is, he was shaking up the temple hierarchy.

So Jesus defeated satan before he was sacrificed? Who told you that Luke 10:18 meant that Christ defeated satan? How did Christ defeat satan?

You should start with some basics. I suggest first realizing that ancient Israel's scriptures are about ancient Israel, not you. Once you begin to grasp that, maybe you can search for some parallels between the book of Revelation and the First Jewish War.
Can you start with answering the questions I asked? What act by Jesus defeated Satan and when did it occur in His ministry?
Again, read Luke 10:18. It was when he sent the twelve (and then the 72) to publish in the cities and villages of Israel the news of the kingdom.

I've been answering. Can you not read?

Can you start with answering the questions I asked? What act by Jesus defeated Satan and when did it occur in His ministry?
Again, read Luke 10:18. It was when he sent the twelve (and then the 72) to publish in the cities and villages of Israel the news of the kingdom.

I understand that. That's kind of my point. What had Jesus done to defeat Satan at that point in His ministry? So... HOW did Jesus defeat Satan exactly? If you answer that question, you will see that Luke 10:18 would have occurred before that and Luke 10:18 isn't saying what you were taught it says.

I understand that. That's kind of my point. What had Jesus done to defeat Satan at that point in His ministry? So... HOW did Jesus defeat Satan exactly? If you answer that question, you will see that Luke 10:18 would have occurred before that and Luke 10:18 isn't saying what you were taught it says.
Really, can you not read? I didn't say Jesus had defeated Satan at that point. I said he was defeating him. Satan was falling from the ruling places.

Oh, and here's the kicker: it's in the Bible.

Keep on insisting that Satan is not cast out. Keep on arguing with the Scriptures.

Not my wife, not my life.

Really, can you not read? I didn't say Jesus had defeated Satan at that point. I said he was defeating him. Satan was falling from the ruling places.

Oh, and here's the kicker: it's in the Bible.

Keep on insisting that Satan is not cast out. Keep on arguing with the Scriptures.

Not my wife, not my life.
I read just fine. You have been indoctrinated. Look around you. Does it look like Satan is gone? In fact, what would be worse, satan not being here and being told he was here or satan being here and being told he isn't. I would think the latter sounds like a lie satan would tell.

Norwegen doesn't really know his Bible very well Ding. He's been trying to give us quotes from Revelation (which is the end times), and they haven't happened yet.

As far as John 12:31? Again, Norwegen shows his ignorance yet again, here is what the verse actually says.

31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.

It says the price of this world WILL be driven out, not that he has been.

Norwegen doesn't really know his Bible very well Ding. He's been trying to give us quotes from Revelation (which is the end times), and they haven't happened yet.

As far as John 12:31? Again, Norwegen shows his ignorance yet again, here is what the verse actually says.

31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.

I have never had an issue with what others choose to believe. To each his own. The same should apply to me. So when I share my beliefs or the basis for my beliefs or the reasons I believe as I do, I'm ok with others not agreeing. We all don't have to agree. Things will work themselves out just fine. I have faith in that because I have faith in God.

I have. It says to not make an idol out of a book.
Does that mean you're not supposed to understand it?
No, but I don't read it literally like I assume you do. It was never meant to be read that way.
I trust, then, that you don't defend the creation story, for example, from a "scientific" angle.
I don't know what that means exactly.

As near as I can tell ancient man knew that the universe was created from nothing 6,000 years before science arrived at the same conclusion.

As near as I can tell ancient man knew that man was a product of that creation 6,000 years before science arrived at the same conclusion.
Science doesn’t say that we came from nothing. You ARE nothing.
Actually it does, dummy.

some guy talking doesn't prove anything but his own opinion. Stop guzzling so much jism all the time.

No, but I don't read it literally like I assume you do. It was never meant to be read that way.
I trust, then, that you don't defend the creation story, for example, from a "scientific" angle.

As near as I can tell ancient man knew that the universe was created from nothing 6,000 years before science arrived at the same conclusion.

As near as I can tell ancient man knew that man was a product of that creation 6,000 years before science arrived at the same conclusion.

Actually, science does kinda say that the universe came from nothing. Look into the Big Bang Theory sometime. Scientists say that is where the universe started, but they don't know what caused it, or what came before it.
You just said it yourself Big Bang THEORY. No scientific proof of that yet.

I have never had an issue with what others choose to believe. To each his own. The same should apply to me. So when I share my beliefs or the basis for my beliefs or the reasons I believe as I do, I'm ok with others not agreeing. We all don't have to agree. Things will work themselves out just fine. I have faith in that because I have faith in God.
So things will work out for me just fine even if we don't agree? Thanks for clearing that up. :lol:

Actually it does, dummy.

some guy talking doesn't prove anything but his own opinion. Stop guzzling so much jism all the time.

I can totally understand why the universe popping into existence hardwired to produce intelligence would freak you out, Taz.

Actually, science does kinda say that the universe came from nothing. Look into the Big Bang Theory sometime. Scientists say that is where the universe started, but they don't know what caused it, or what came before it.
CMB and red shift say otherwise, dummy.

So things will work out for me just fine even if we don't agree? Thanks for clearing that up. :lol:
Yes, but you may not like the ride or how they work themselves out.

Actually it does, dummy.

I can totally understand why the universe popping into existence hardwired to produce intelligence would freak you out, Taz.

We've gone over this many times, you lost every time because you still don't know what real proof is.

Actually it does, dummy.

We've gone over this many times, you lost every time because you still don't know what real proof is.

It's all still a theory, the word is even in the name, Big Bang Theory. Are you really this stupid?

It's all still a theory, the word is even in the name, Big Bang Theory. Are you really this stupid?
CMB and red shift say otherwise, dummy. :)

CMB and red shift say otherwise, dummy. :)
Prove that those two things show that the universe came from nothing, then link it to a real scientific paper. You know you can't :biggrin:

Forum List

Back