Thanksgiving and Covid. Will you require family and guests to be vaccinated if they want to come to your house?

The argument assumes that most people who celebrate Thanksgiving have been jabbed but are still afraid of healthy family members who weren't. It is most likely inaccurate or entirely based on propaganda. We know that a plane load of Texas democrats, who fled the state rather than doing their duty to vote on a bill, were fully vaccinated and they all flashed huge maskless grins in the plane. The problem was that when they came back they met the fully vaccinated Vice President of the United States and all of a sudden she tested positive for Covid. What's the point if vaxed people aren't immune? Is the plan to get a booster shot every freaking month until they get it right or you die from the junk?

And any thinkers would tell you to shove your attendance requirements.
They wouldnt get a chance to because they wouldn’t invited in the first place. My house my rules. Is it not a free country, or do I have to follow your rules in my house?

Remember when the Fake News establishment was saying household pets could get the Fauci Flu. :heehee: Are any of those Fauci Jabs have variations intended for animal use like Ivermectin? :eusa_think:

Wow, that's a long time to go without family. My heart goes out to you.
My first Thanksgiving alone was the best one of my life. From time to time I get invited . I turn it down. There have been times when the pressure to attend someone's family dinner has been intense. My partner for instance. My behavior is atrocious. I have an acid tongue that put other guests in tears. It's their own fault. No means no. Take it graciously or take the punishment.

My son married into a large family. I do not participate. It isn't even my family.

Don't really agree --- I think the disease IS dangerous. The vaccines didn't work, and yeah, holidays may see another upsurge. Especially with Europe and England really having a huge surge right now. I thought we'd see it here by now, but not really, yet. I hope never, but.

What I'm really afraid of is that it is a reinfection-type disease, like malaria. Those aren't very common, but we ARE hearing about people getting Covid more than once, vaccine or not.

Worrying.

Nothing to worry about . . . if you have faith; real faith. Further, and by this late hour, that the vaccines cause disease can no longer be doubted. I would only reiterate how my wife and I and many others we know have travelled extensively since the so-called pandemic began. No one among us has suffered more than a mild cold—normal, seasonal colds. On the other side of the COVID equation family and friends who have been jabbed are not doing so well. Despite their reactions to the vaccines all of them have gone all in for the booster(s). We're quite happy doing what we're doing. You've got to do what you've got to do to feel safe. Best of luck in that regard.

My first Thanksgiving alone was the best one of my life. From time to time I get invited . I turn it down. There have been times when the pressure to attend someone's family dinner has been intense. My partner for instance. My behavior is atrocious. I have an acid tongue that put other guests in tears. It's their own fault. No means no. Take it graciously or take the punishment.

My son married into a large family. I do not participate. It isn't even my family.

Ok, well it's somewhat self-imposed then. Glad you at least have some options.

I have a feeling this is going to divide some families.
There will be some family gatherings that it will be just like any other Thanksgivings.
But there will be some families where, this being the first Thanksgiving since we have a vax, that will divide families. There will be some hurt feelings, if you host a gathering and require all those who plan to come be vaxxed.

The Big Question This Thanksgiving: Are You Vaccinated?​

No. That’s fucking insane.

I have a feeling this is going to divide some families.
There will be some family gatherings that it will be just like any other Thanksgivings.
But there will be some families where, this being the first Thanksgiving since we have a vax, that will divide families. There will be some hurt feelings, if you host a gathering and require all those who plan to come be vaxxed.

The Big Question This Thanksgiving: Are You Vaccinated?​

Dr. P. and I are vaxxed, I choose to have Turkey day with the cows and the horses. That works for me. Gobble Gobble Gobble!!

Haven't seen you around in forever.
Thank you my dear :) I took a break from the Internet for about 3 or 4 years, haaaa seriously.. I also keep up with my legal work on the side.
The horses are my pride and joy plus they don't argue wit me like a client and the Attorney Generals office does ;)

Forum List

Back