Term Limits for Congress

SaxxyBlues

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2016
now1.jpg

18 years in Congress: Ted Cruz, Francis Rooney introduce constitutional amendment for term limits

I think we should follow suit with term limits for Congress. I read somewhere that Governer Haslam from TN was going to run for a Senate seat after his second term ends. Just thinking term limits in Congress for a former governor??? What about a Senator at term limits and runs for Representative??? I'm not sure I fully understand....

View attachment 238650

18 years in Congress: Ted Cruz, Francis Rooney introduce constitutional amendment for term limits

I think we should follow suit with term limits for Congress. I read somewhere that Governer Haslam from TN was going to run for a Senate seat after his second term ends. Just thinking term limits in Congress for a former governor??? What about a Senator at term limits and runs for Representative??? I'm not sure I fully understand....
Lol we literally posted this at the same time. Eh mods will combine them.

View attachment 238650

I'm guessing someone on fox was ranting about term limits within the last few minutes, right?

View attachment 238650

I'm guessing someone on fox was ranting about term limits within the last few minutes, right?
Actually I don't know. I haven't been home all day I was at my grandmother's helping her and now I am watching the football game.So do you support this or not?

On the one hand I can understand the need for term limits, the other hand I'm like the people elect their representatives.

View attachment 238650

Actually I don't know. I haven't been home all day I was at my grandmother's helping her and now I am watching the football game.So do you support this or not?

As I've already said more than once. It doesn't matter if I, or anyone else supports Term limits. They are just not going to happen. Plenty of long serving congressmen were first elected with promises to enact term limits. Nothing happened then, and nothing will happen this time either. That was just a way to pander to their base when they made that promise just like this proposed bill is. It means nothing.

View attachment 238650

As I've already said more than once. It doesn't matter if I, or anyone else supports Term limits. They are just not going to happen. Plenty of long serving congressmen were first elected with promises to enact term limits. Nothing happened then, and nothing will happen this time either. That was just a way to pander to their base when they made that promise just like this proposed bill is. It means nothing.
Unfortunately you are probably right. I wish there was something WE the people could do....

Well hope we don't get caught unaware because in 1947 they didn't think term limits on the president was possible.

View attachment 238650

Unfortunately you are probably right. I wish there was something WE the people could do....

Cruz and Rooney know I'm right too. The bill is just a stunt. They think you are too stupid to realize that.

Who cares if a congressman keeps getting re-elected ?

The real problem is committee heads and speakers holding all the power.

When I saw Cruz's name on a term limit proposal, I thought that's just wrong.

Cruz and Rooney know I'm right too. The bill is just a stunt. They think you are too stupid to realize that.
Well last year democrats spoke up about it as well. So lets get it to the floor and let them vote on it. Let these senators and congressfolks who vote no explain that to their constituents.

Its been tried.

The Democrats first sued their constituents in 1994 over the issue when Speaker of the House Tom Foley went to court against the citizens of Washington State for term limiting him. The Democrats had been fighting term limits for years until they were beaten by the voters. A friendly Federal judge was procured and the term limits laws passed by the people of Washington overturned.
Federal Judge Strikes Down Law Limiting the Terms of Lawmakers

With a fresh victory over American citizens under their belt the Democrats moved in 1995 to their enforcement arm, the Supreme Court, to overturn all state term limit laws. In USTL v Thornton the Democrats succeeded once again in court where they had failed legislatively and democratically. They crushed their citizens and had term limits declared unconstitutional once and for all. (sound familiar?)

Ginsberg, Souter, Breyer, Kennedy and Stevens decided for the Democrats against the American people in this case at the Supreme Court.
Renquist, OConner, Scalia, and Thomas sided with the people but were outvoted.

Same song different verse. They are still doing it today.

So a constitutional amendment would be the only way to go. Not a chance in hell. The Democrats didn't waste all that effort suing their own constituents just to give up power now. And Nancy Pelosi is thinking that if she made herself a multimillionaire on a government salary in 32 years in Congress just think what she could do with another few decades.

Forum List

Back