Tennessee Republican who pressured mistress to have abortion votes to restrict them for other women

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
On Wednesday, 242 members of the U.S. House of Representatives voted to outlaw abortions taking place after 20 weeks gestation. Among them, Rep. Scott DesJarlais (R-TN), who has defended his ex-wife having two abortions, and who pressured one of his mistresses to have an abortion after she told him she was pregnant.

“Congressman DesJarlais was proud to vote in favor” of the 20 week abortion ban in Congress this week, Robert Jameson, a spokesperson for the member of Congress, tells the Chattanooga Times Free Press. DesJarlais, a respected physician from Jasper, “has always advocated for pro-life values,” Jameson adds.

Meanwhile, DesJarlais’s website asserts that, “all life should be cherished and protected. [DesJarlais] has received a 100% score by the National Right to Life Committee (NRLC), the oldest and the largest national pro-life organization in the United States.”

Members of the Tennessee and national press have combed through the 675-page court transcript from DesJarlais’ 2001 divorce, and found that he “had sexual relationships with at least two patients, three coworkers, and a drug representative while he was chief of staff at Grandview Medical Center in Jasper, Tenn. During one affair with a female patient, DesJarlais prescribed her drugs, gave her an $875 watch, and bought her a plane ticket to Las Vegas.” One of DesJarlais’ mistresses admitted to the press that she had smoked pot with him, explaining that, “Scott was just a regular guy.” Politico reports that DesJarlais’ ex-wife accused him of pulling out a gun during an argument.
Tennessee Republican who pressured mistress to have abortion votes to restrict them for other women

Nothing to see here, folks. It's just one more case of good ol' family values. Gotta love the hypocrisy of the right. :rolleyes-41:

On Wednesday, 242 members of the U.S. House of Representatives voted to outlaw abortions taking place after 20 weeks gestation. Among them, Rep. Scott DesJarlais (R-TN), who has defended his ex-wife having two abortions, and who pressured one of his mistresses to have an abortion after she told him she was pregnant.

“Congressman DesJarlais was proud to vote in favor” of the 20 week abortion ban in Congress this week, Robert Jameson, a spokesperson for the member of Congress, tells the Chattanooga Times Free Press. DesJarlais, a respected physician from Jasper, “has always advocated for pro-life values,” Jameson adds.

Meanwhile, DesJarlais’s website asserts that, “all life should be cherished and protected. [DesJarlais] has received a 100% score by the National Right to Life Committee (NRLC), the oldest and the largest national pro-life organization in the United States.”

Members of the Tennessee and national press have combed through the 675-page court transcript from DesJarlais’ 2001 divorce, and found that he “had sexual relationships with at least two patients, three coworkers, and a drug representative while he was chief of staff at Grandview Medical Center in Jasper, Tenn. During one affair with a female patient, DesJarlais prescribed her drugs, gave her an $875 watch, and bought her a plane ticket to Las Vegas.” One of DesJarlais’ mistresses admitted to the press that she had smoked pot with him, explaining that, “Scott was just a regular guy.” Politico reports that DesJarlais’ ex-wife accused him of pulling out a gun during an argument.

Nothing to see here, folks. It's just one more case of good ol' family values. Gotta love the hypocrisy of the right. :rolleyes-41:

Yep. Not a surprise. These folks are almost always deeply flawed hypocrites.

Although not representative of all republicans, members of the GOP have only themselves to blame when subject to this sort of ridicule, the consequence of their ridiculous canard that conservatives possess some sort of 'monopoly' on morals and 'family values.'

The vote, however, is representative of the fact that most on the right are indeed hostile to the privacy rights of women, and seek to expand the size and authority of government at the expense of individual liberty.

His district knew about this and they reelected him anyway. Partisanship is destroying our republic.

His district knew about this and they reelected him anyway. Partisanship is destroying our republic.

That's just crazy talk. It's A-OK when we have multiple IDs with ridiculous threads on liberals.

More far left religious dogma..

20 weeks would give a woman the time needed to decide to keep or abort. Instead of walking into the clinic and only getting one choice.

Why are the far left against giving women real choices?

These pricks aren't trustworthy. Much like Bill Clinton who'd bang a ham sandwich, if he was alone with it for more than 1 minute. It's so rare we elect the people that deserve to be elected because it's so hard for them to run. That goes for either side.

These pricks aren't trustworthy. Much like Bill Clinton who'd bang a ham sandwich, if he was alone with it for more than 1 minute. It's so rare we elect the people that deserve to be elected because it's so hard for them to run. That goes for either side.

Seems to me the point is that Bill Clinton didn't also vote for a law banning ham sandwiches.

Seems to me the point is that Bill Clinton didn't also vote for a law banning ham sandwiches.

Oh he never voted on a bill against raping women? My bad.

If you think a ham sandwich and a woman are the same thing (a) that essplains a lot about your posting, and (b) would you make me a ham sandwich?

If you think a ham sandwich and a woman are the same thing (a) that essplains a lot about your posting, and (b) would you make me a ham sandwich?

You're right. The difference is that Bill Clinton never raped a ham sandwich. Well thought out argument.

You're right. The difference is that Bill Clinton never raped a ham sandwich. Well thought out argument.

Did that trap hurt?

Interesting how you had to move the goalposts not only from Scott DesJarlais to Bill Clinton, but even had to throw in a ham sandwich and a player to be named later. Desperation strikes deep.

Want some?
eat-sandwich.gif
Great spread...

Did that trap hurt?

Interesting how you had to move the goalposts not only from Scott DesJarlais to Bill Clinton, but even had to throw in a ham sandwich and a player to be named later. Desperation strikes deep.

Want some?
eat-sandwich.gif
Great spread...

You seem desperate. I don't blame you. It's tough defending politicians.

Did that trap hurt?

Want some?
eat-sandwich.gif
Great spread...

Apparently so, since you had to move from Scott DesJarlais all the way to Bill Clinton with a ham sandwich.

By the way did you know you posted this 'note to self' on the internet?

Did that trap hurt?

Want some?
eat-sandwich.gif
Great spread...

Apparently so, since you had to move from Scott DesJarlais all the way to Bill Clinton with a ham sandwich.

Both are shameful no?

Did that trap hurt?

Want some?
eat-sandwich.gif
Great spread...

So Bill Clinton was a rapist. Wonder if Hilary is? Most likely. Nothing to suggest she isn't.

Forum List

Back