Arizona governor revokes authority for counties to carry out abortion-related prosecutions

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
‘Arizona Gov. Katie Hobbs (D) issued an executive order on Thursday to remove the authority to carry out abortion-related prosecutions from counties.

Hobbs’ order would centralize this authority with the state’s attorney general, a shift likely to provide greater protection for abortion rights in the state.

Hobbs announced her signing of the executive order in a tweet on Friday, saying that it will ensure that differences in the application of state laws by county attorneys will not restrict access to legal abortions.

“I signed an Executive Order protecting Arizonans’ reproductive freedom. I will not allow extreme and out of touch politicians to get in the way of the fundamental rights of Arizonans,” she said.’

Very good.

When the end game happens, Prog shews like her will set ack women's advances centuries. Any man who defends them is stupid. And more and more are not.

If a elected Sherriff brings the charges I don't think she has the authority.

That said I really don't know what authority a elected Sheriff has in AZ but in Virginia a Sherriff would tell Richmond to pound sand if they tried pulling that.

‘Arizona Gov. Katie Hobbs (D) issued an executive order on Thursday to remove the authority to carry out abortion-related prosecutions from counties.

Hobbs’ order would centralize this authority with the state’s attorney general, a shift likely to provide greater protection for abortion rights in the state.

Hobbs announced her signing of the executive order in a tweet on Friday, saying that it will ensure that differences in the application of state laws by county attorneys will not restrict access to legal abortions.

“I signed an Executive Order protecting Arizonans’ reproductive freedom. I will not allow extreme and out of touch politicians to get in the way of the fundamental rights of Arizonans,” she said.’

Very good.
I wonder if she has any actual legal authority for such a bold and yet craven move.

That's what you get with a democrat. Kill those pesky American Indians in the womb in Arizona before they become a political threat.

Forum List

Back