Ten Ways to Fight Hate: A Community Response Guide

A presidential candidate wins election after denigrating Muslims, Latinos, women and people with disabilities. A young white man opens fire and kills nine African Americans who welcomed him into Bible study at a church in Charleston, South Carolina, telling his victims, “I have to do it.” A Muslim woman is seated on a bench in front of a coffee shop in Washington, D.C., when a woman begins screaming anti-Muslim epithets. A swastika and other anti-Semitic graffiti appear at an elementary school in Stapleton, Colorado. A lone gunman carrying an assault rifle and a handgun storms a well-known gay club in Orlando, Florida, killing 49 people and wounding 53 others.
race
race
no race or religion mentioned.

b/c that muslim, middle eastern, man, did it for allah.

leftists hypocrisy, they can't even see when they do it, it's instinctive now.

You want hypocrisy? The white guy killing those black people , NOT called terrorism. Unlike any time a Muslim kills someone.
For reference, you mean how the Fort Hood shooter was a terrorist? Is that what Obama called it?

Well, wait a minute. First, in post 113, you call Islam "...the one that's under attack by racist xenophobes."

Then you say,
You won't find me defending any Abrahamic religion.

Huh? That, along with a few thousand other posts on this board by many others, sure LOOKS like what you're doing.

When someone says something negative about (pick a Left-chosen "oppressed" group) and you attack that person for it and spin and make it about that person, it sure as hell looks like you're defending that group. That's something you're choosing to do.

And, as far as the Left is concerned, it's only done on behalf of ONE (1) religion, consistently, and we all know it. While Christianity and Christians are regularly mocked and attacked by THOSE SAME PEOPLE.

Defending the followers of a religion is not defending the religion.

And no, "the left" does not only defend Muslims. "The left" also defends the followers of Judaism from anti Semitic attacks as well.

Defending Muslims, Critiquing Islam
Well, that's precisely where the Left goes off the rails. It takes people as a group rather than as individuals, and ends up aligning itself with that group. You're not going to have one without the other.

Again, that's something you're choosing to do.

As this proud liberal says:
60_zpsb2yvzhoq.gif~original

No, that is what the islamaphobes do. They attack all the followers of a religion because of the actions of a very small minority within the religion.

If someone kills in the name of Jesus they're crazy but if they do it in the name of Mohammed, they're terrorists. That ain't right. Pick one. I say anyone who kills in the name of their religion is crazy. If they do it to terrorize a group of people, they're terrorists. The individuals, not all followers of the religion.

A presidential candidate wins election after denigrating Muslims, Latinos, women and people with disabilities. A young white man opens fire and kills nine African Americans who welcomed him into Bible study at a church in Charleston, South Carolina, telling his victims, “I have to do it.” A Muslim woman is seated on a bench in front of a coffee shop in Washington, D.C., when a woman begins screaming anti-Muslim epithets. A swastika and other anti-Semitic graffiti appear at an elementary school in Stapleton, Colorado. A lone gunman carrying an assault rifle and a handgun storms a well-known gay club in Orlando, Florida, killing 49 people and wounding 53 others.
race
race

You want hypocrisy? The white guy killing those black people , NOT called terrorism. Unlike any time a Muslim kills someone.
For reference, you mean how the Fort Hood shooter was a terrorist? Is that what Obama called it?

Which ft hood shooter? THere were two.

Well, wait a minute. First, in post 113, you call Islam "...the one that's under attack by racist xenophobes."

Then you say,

Huh? That, along with a few thousand other posts on this board by many others, sure LOOKS like what you're doing.

When someone says something negative about (pick a Left-chosen "oppressed" group) and you attack that person for it and spin and make it about that person, it sure as hell looks like you're defending that group. That's something you're choosing to do.

And, as far as the Left is concerned, it's only done on behalf of ONE (1) religion, consistently, and we all know it. While Christianity and Christians are regularly mocked and attacked by THOSE SAME PEOPLE.

And no, "the left" does not only defend Muslims. "The left" also defends the followers of Judaism from anti Semitic attacks as well.

Well, that's precisely where the Left goes off the rails. It takes people as a group rather than as individuals, and ends up aligning itself with that group. You're not going to have one without the other.

No, that is what the islamaphobes do. They attack all the followers of a religion because of the actions of a very small minority within the religion.

If someone kills in the name of Jesus they're crazy but if they do it in the name of Mohammed, they're terrorists. That ain't right. Pick one. I say anyone who kills in the name of their religion is crazy. If they do it to terrorize a group of people, they're terrorists. The individuals, not all followers of the religion.
You can justify it, that's fine. But in the meantime, 2016 was the ultimate pushback to this stuff. All of the PC/Identity Politics crap we've been seeing for years, exactly what I've been screaming about.

As a result, I'm reduced to hoping this guy in the White House doesn't humiliate/damage us on a day to day basis, and that Ginsburg and Kennedy remain upright for a while longer.

I know the Left refuses to look in the mirror about 2016, but it should. This is a shining example of what people are sick of, and it's a massive self-inflicted wound for the Left.

I think 2016 was more a last gasp than a big change, but the damage is done, particularly with the courts.

race
race

Here are the comments about the first shooting. Not much difference between the two.
Obama: Fort Hood shooting 'horrific'

Here are his comments after the second shooting, notice that he says that he wants to wait until he knows all the facts. That is much better then his Benghazi remarks or his police acted stupidly remarks.
I just got off the phone with Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Sandy Winnefeld to get the latest report on the situation in Fort Hood. Obviously we’re following it closely. The situation is fluid right now. But my national security team is in close contact with not just the Defense Department but the FBI. They are working with folks on the ground to determine exactly what happened to make sure that everybody is secure. And I want to just assure all of us that we’re going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened.

Any shooting is troubling. Obviously this reopens the pain of what happened at Fort Hood five years ago. We know these families. We know their incredible service to our country and the sacrifices that they make. Obviously our thoughts and prayers were — are with the entire community. And we are going to do everything we can to make sure that the community at Fort Hood has what it needs to deal with the current situation, but also any potential aftermath.

We’re heartbroken that something like this might have happened again. And I don’t want to comment on the facts until I know exactly what has happened, but for now, I would just hope that everybody across the country is keeping the families and the community at Fort Hood in our thoughts and in our prayers. The folks there have sacrificed so much on behalf of our freedom. Many of the people there have been on multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. They serve with valor; they serve with distinction. And when they’re at their home base they need to feel safe. We don’t yet know what happened tonight, but obviously that sense of safety has been broken once again. And we’re going to have to find out exactly what happened.

The Pentagon will undoubtedly have further briefings for you as we get more details [about what happened.]

Obama On Fort Hood Shooting: 'We're Heartbroken Something Like This Might Have Happened Again' | HuffPost

Of course after 6 years he was shamed into admitting the obvious.

Last edited:

Then you say,

You can justify it, that's fine. But in the meantime, 2016 was the ultimate pushback to this stuff. All of the PC/Identity Politics crap we've been seeing for years, exactly what I've been screaming about.

As a result, I'm reduced to hoping this guy in the White House doesn't humiliate/damage us on a day to day basis, and that Ginsburg and Kennedy remain upright for a while longer.

I know the Left refuses to look in the mirror about 2016, but it should. This is a shining example of what people are sick of, and it's a massive self-inflicted wound for the Left.

I think 2016 was more a last gasp than a big change, but the damage is done, particularly with the courts.

Yes we know that's the narrative you're pushing...Which doesn't happen to be supported by anything but you're opinion.

We know what happened in 2016. Racists voted and people who oppose racism didn't.

Economic Anxiety Didn’t Make People Vote Trump, Racism Did

Democrats don't need to appeal to Trump voters to win, they need to get the 35% that sat it out...and I think those people are awake now.

Then you say,

Yes we know that's the narrative you're pushing...Which doesn't happen to be supported by anything but you're opinion.

We know what happened in 2016. Racists voted and people who oppose racism didn't.

Economic Anxiety Didn’t Make People Vote Trump, Racism Did

Democrats don't need to appeal to Trump voters to win, they need to get the 35% that sat it out...and I think those people are awake now.
My point, illustrated.

Okay, never mind.

race
race

Here are the comments about the first shooting. Not much difference between the two.
Obama: Fort Hood shooting 'horrific'

Here are his comments after the second shooting, notice that he says that he wants to wait until he knows all the facts. That is much better then his Benghazi remarks or his police acted stupidly remarks.
I just got off the phone with Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Sandy Winnefeld to get the latest report on the situation in Fort Hood. Obviously we’re following it closely. The situation is fluid right now. But my national security team is in close contact with not just the Defense Department but the FBI. They are working with folks on the ground to determine exactly what happened to make sure that everybody is secure. And I want to just assure all of us that we’re going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened.

Any shooting is troubling. Obviously this reopens the pain of what happened at Fort Hood five years ago. We know these families. We know their incredible service to our country and the sacrifices that they make. Obviously our thoughts and prayers were — are with the entire community. And we are going to do everything we can to make sure that the community at Fort Hood has what it needs to deal with the current situation, but also any potential aftermath.

We’re heartbroken that something like this might have happened again. And I don’t want to comment on the facts until I know exactly what has happened, but for now, I would just hope that everybody across the country is keeping the families and the community at Fort Hood in our thoughts and in our prayers. The folks there have sacrificed so much on behalf of our freedom. Many of the people there have been on multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. They serve with valor; they serve with distinction. And when they’re at their home base they need to feel safe. We don’t yet know what happened tonight, but obviously that sense of safety has been broken once again. And we’re going to have to find out exactly what happened.

The Pentagon will undoubtedly have further briefings for you as we get more details [about what happened.]

Obama On Fort Hood Shooting: 'We're Heartbroken Something Like This Might Have Happened Again' | HuffPost

Of course after 6 years he was shamed into admitting the obvious.

What is the obvious? You had a soldier go crazy and shoot up the base . That's obviously terrorism? Can it be terrorism if you attack a military base ?

We can start out be resisting one of the top 5 hate groups in America: the SPLC.

Oh yeah? Who do they hate?

The SPLC hate anyone who doesn't have Black or Brown skin, the SPLC are a Racist Hate Organisation, if you hate someone because of their skin colour you are a racist, that is Racism 101.

Really ? That's odd since a bunch of white People are splc workers and members .

There are a great deal of white people who have been conditioned to hate themselves and their skin color.

More like they are people who recognize the evil of hate and bigotry.

You are so snowed . As if a white person being against racism is somehow a bad thing ? You know who thinks that ? Racists .

You are a simple minded fool. You think that there is only black and white, no pun intended. You cannot or will not see what is right in front of you. Sucks to be you dude.

Plenty of hate coming from both ends.

Plenty of deflection for hateful people coming from both ends.

Clean your own house first.
The only way to stop hate is to recognize our common humanity and treat each other as individuals, not labels.

Which is how millions of Jews, Christians and Muslims live and worship side by side all over this country. It's when we isolate ourselves that everyone becomes "the other".
Yes!

Then you say,

I will say this about the left though. They don't defend the rights of Christian's to the same degree as they do the others and where the right is far more openly hateful to muslims and Jews the left has been towards Christians.

Forum List

Back