"Teen" Violence: what's it going to take

Before we get serious about this problem. When will we start having compassion for the VICTIM instead of the young perps "of color"?

Compassion, thoughts, and prayers are all well and good, but I would want vengeance.

Before we get serious about this problem. When will we start having compassion for the VICTIM instead of the young perps "of color"?

Cops cannot stop crime or violence. If you need them, they are 10-15 minutes away. It is a big pro-gun state. Thugs are not beating people down and mugging. They are shooting. You should be packing if moving about by yourself (especially at night) and know how and when to pull it and use it, whether you are female or male.

We used to live in an America protected from barbarism by a moral "roof". Well, that roof has come off. Nowadays anything goes and even the sky is no longer the limit for violent tendencies. Our world has always been violent, this is undeniable. However, and even up to a couple of decades ago, certain levels of violence were kept out of mainstream American life, by and large and depending where you grew up/settled down. But these days sudden savage violence can strike anyone anywhere in America. At least in decades past the American political elite largely kept savagery and barbarism in check because it was bad for business, and in so doing, carved out a nice niche for people to pursue the American dream. These days, savagery is good business, across several mega industries. I do miss the old days of American life.

Cops cannot stop crime or violence. If you need them, they are 10-15 minutes away. It is a big pro-gun state. Thugs are not beating people down and mugging. They are shooting. You should be packing if moving about by yourself (especially at night) and know how and when to pull it and use it, whether you are female or male.
I don't accept that we have to live like this. This is a complete breakdown of civilization.

We've accepted the the lives of certain victims have less value depending on the age and the race of the perp.

We need to return to SWIFT and certain punishment. Murderers like this need to be executed quickly and publicly.

More "minor" crimes should be dealt with more like Singapore. No jail, just public floggings, paying restitution to the victim and THEN release.

I don't accept that we have to live like this. This is a complete breakdown of civilization.

We've accepted the the lives of certain victims have less value depending on the age and the race of the perp.

We need to return to SWIFT and certain punishment. Murderers like this need to be executed quickly and publicly.

More "minor" crimes should be dealt with more like Singapore. No jail, just public floggings, paying restitution to the victim and THEN release.
Until that happens, I will live in the new paradigm. I am sitting in my comfy desk chair, my 9mm hanging in the holster around the top. At night, it is All American Express. I don't leave home without it.

The liberals are terribly embarrassed by the unusually large percentage of violent youths in two certain ethnicities (no need to be specific).

Liberals do not approve of robbers and sucker punchers and looters and rapists and murderers, but they just cannot bring themselves to admit that the perps are very bad individuals.

So they blame this violent crime on everything else, such as systemic racism, bad schools, killer cops, etc.

There is, of course, no solution.

It is impossible to change a culture.

That is why there is no hope for our nation.

Forum List

Back