Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

Holy fucking shit on a shingle!! You are more extreme that I ever imagined! You are hostile to the very concept of a United States of America!! You are advocating the balkanization of the country where each state is autonomous and left to fend for themselves. That is insane!

There is already considerable disparity among the states in terms individual and collective wealth, public health and safety . And that is AFTER the federal government regulations are put in place and it redistributes a good deal of resources in various ways, not the least of which is the redistribution of funds collected through taxes.

And you think that each state should individually regulate food and drugs and I suppose other products? Seriously? You do understand that most or all products cros state lines. How the fuck would that work with a patchwork of 50 different regulatory systems. Ya think that might put a damper on commerce? Or maybe you thing that coal producing states should be able to impliment their own environmental rules despite thet fact that air polution does not stop at the state line. Clearly, you have not thought this through. The more I think about this, the more stupid it seems

You would be creating Fiefdoms of a sort. It would not be long before tribal warfrare between the well off and not so well off states ensued.

Yet you continue to claim that the Federal Constitution protects the rights of state residents including the right to gay marriage. There is something seriously wrong with that picture. You are increasingly hard to believe, This post is a fucking classic case of insanity.
Have you ever comprehend the term the United States? Do you know what that means?

The link you posted just goes back to lambda legal and the heading about Mississippi HB 1523, I didn't know there was a searchable database lol, sorry.

Anyway, I clicked around on that state map on a few states, mostly came up.with nothing. I think there was one article about a lawsuit because a transgender boy was asked to use a gender neutral bathroom in a public high school.

If you have a particular state in mind, feel free to post it and I'll be happy to take a look at it and read about it.

Another shit decision that should have been left to the states or at least legislated in congress.

Then again Cruz is a putz for even bringing it up.....Red meat for the dems.
Leave it to the states? This is what you get when you leave it to the states

So, you give me a list of 27 states, more than half the country, who haven't updated their laws to include sexual orientation, but we have no idea why. Are they just deferring to federal civil rights statutes? You'd have us believe that 27 states are just wringing their hands, biding their time, waiting for obergefell to be overturned so they can start discriminating against gay people!

We don't know why they haven't added then, maybe they felt, with current federal protections, it would have been redundant, maybe they are hesitant because of inherent conflict with religious freedoms. I'm just not buying that they are all ready and eager to start discriminating.

Also, you know who else doesn't include discrimination laws for LGBT? As far as I can tell, federal civil rights act and discrimination laws also don't mention sexual orientation.

Apparently, the bostock vs Clayton county decision changed the definition of "sex" to also mean sexual orientation and gender, which means that all state civil rights laws inherently cover sexual orientation by their inclusion of "sex", but that the only federal reference to sexual orientation protection that I could see. Do you have a link to the federal anti LGBT discrimination laws?

Yes it is a federal issue
The courts job is to defend the 14th Amendment not to pander to the hatred of the far right
can you quote the language in the 14th that addresses gay marriage? you claim it covers it, so back up your claim----------or admit that you lied about it.

But back to the subject, who cares if gays get married? They don't hurt no one
I think the vast majority agrees with that. its the "in your face" attitude that people object to. Get married if you want, but don't demand that I say that I think its wonderful for civilization.

Why is it that every commercial and tv series has to have a bi-racial couple and a gay couple in order to sell their product or entertain?

can you quote the language in the 14th that addresses gay marriage? you claim it covers it, so back up your claim----------or admit that you lied about it.

Equal protection under the law

You can’t accept one type of relationship and then declare other relationships to be “yucky”
We saw the same thing with interracial marriage

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

You can’t accept one type of relationship and then declare other relationships to be “yucky”

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
I don't see the words gay marriage or homosexual marriage in that cite. Personally I have no issue with gays marrying, But they need to do it without the "in your face" attitude and the demand that everyone must approve of it. Trying to force cultural change never works. ask Marie Antionette and Louis XVI.

question: does the word immunities apply to covid immunities acquired through having the disease? said another way, how does the 14th work with mandated vaccines?

question: does the word immunities apply to covid immunities acquired through having the disease? said another way, how does the 14th work with mandated vaccines?
No, it applies to immunities of the law

14th has no bearing on COVID vaccines
If it said blacks or gays are not allowed to be vaccinated, it would apply

No, it applies to immunities of the law

14th has no bearing on COVID vaccines
If it said blacks or gays are not allowed to be vaccinated, it would apply
so the freedoms guaranteed to all citizens by the 14th do not apply to the government or a company saying " you will be fired if you don't get the shot"? you can't have it both ways, winger. either it applies across the board or it does not apply at all. Selective application of constitutional guarantees will never be upheld.

I don't see the words gay marriage or homosexual marriage in that cite. Personally I have no issue with gays marrying, But they need to do it without the "in your face" attitude and the demand that everyone must approve of it. Trying to force cultural change never works. ask Marie Antionette and Louis XVI.

You don’t have to
It says “laws”

You can’t have a law approving one type of relationship while excluding others. It is not the Governments business who you choose to love.

so the freedoms guaranteed to all citizens by the 14th do not apply to the government or a company saying " you will be fired if you don't get the shot"? you can't have it both ways, winger. either it applies across the board or it does not apply at all. Selective application of constitutional guarantees will never be upheld.

You miss the point of equal protection under the laws

Those who believe wild conspiracy theories are not a protected class

Personally I have no issue with gays marrying, But they need to do it without the "in your face" attitude and the demand that everyone must approve of it

Nobody says you have to approve of any marriages. You are free to hate anyone you wish.

You just can’t force the government to legislate your hatred

You don’t have to
It says “laws”

You can’t have a law approving one type of relationship while excluding others. It is not the Governments business who you choose to love.
is marriage a federal guarantee? Do you get a marriage from the federal government or the state government?

the majority of americans are ok with gay marriage. What they object to is mandating that they must say the approve or condone it. Gay pride parades do not help your cause. semi nude perverts walking the streets doing gay sex does not gain support for gay marriage. Again, and please try to understand, marry whoever you want, just don't demand that everyone say they love it.

You miss the point of equal protection under the laws

Those who believe wild conspiracy theories are not a protected class
getting fired for refusing the shot is not a conspiracy theory, it is a fact in both private industry and government service. Military members are being fired as we speak for refusing the shot.

is marriage a federal guarantee? Do you get a marriage from the federal government or the state government?

States are covered under the US Constitution

They are not allowed unequal protection under their laws either

Forum List

Back