Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

some do, but only the terrorists that threaten the royal family of Saud. Terrorists who attack Christian or western nations are revered as some kind of special people, given money and fine houses. You really know nothing about this topic.

All terrorists get the death penalty. How long did you live in Arabia? Where in Arabia? You could have gone to Catholic mass, or Protestant Fellowship or the small Episcopalian services.

There's lots of Bibles in Arabia, you moron. I lived there and went to Sunday school and church.

You’re either lying through your teeth, or things changed dramatically in recent years. When did you live there? My family lived in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for a couple years and there were no churches and we were not allowed to openly practice our faith.

You’re either lying through your teeth, or things changed dramatically in recent years. When did you live there? My family lived in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for a couple years and there were no churches and we were not allowed to openly practice our faith.

Was that around 1979? I lived in the Eastern province nearly 2 decades.

Was that around 1979? I lived in the Eastern province nearly 2 decades.

I asked you the question. Eastern province of what? You’re lying, and you’re counting on the fact that most people have never been there, much less lived there.

I asked you the question. Eastern province of what? You’re lying, and you’re counting on the fact that most people have never been there, much less lived there.

Dhahran, Abqaiq, Ras Tanura, Dammam... Al Hasa. There's 40,000 Americans in Arabia. There was a reunion in Albuquerque last week end.

Dhahran, Abqaiq, Ras Tanura, Dammam... Al Hasa. There's 40,000 Americans in Arabia. There was a reunion in Albuquerque last week end.

Americans living there doesn’t mean that there are Christian churches where people can openly practice their faith. Again, unless things changed dramatically in recent years* (which I have not heard at all) then you're BSing. As usual.

Thankfully most of us have caught on to you.

*but you didn't say what years you lived there

Americans living there doesn’t mean that there are Christian churches where people can openly practice their faith. Again, unless things changed dramatically in recent years* (which I have not heard at all) then you're BSing. As usual.

Thankfully most of us have caught on to you.

*but you didn't say what years you lived there

I lived there from 1950 to 1965 and then in Libya and Kuwait. I have been back to visit several times. Church services were held at the school or theater or Girl Scout Annex.

It should be a state issue. It was at one time.

States were putting the issue on the ballot years ago and it was mostly being defeated.

We had a Pakistani houseboy who was beheaded for owning a Bible. you are lying.
A woman was just arrested and beaten to death in Iran because her hijab was worn too loosely and a few hairs on her head fell out from under it

So what if the USSC overturns Obergefell?

All the dems have to do is pass state laws to allow same sex marriage and a federal law requiring states recognize all legal marriages whether they agree with them or not.

A strong Democrat president can lead that effort.

In other words, do the opposite of what Clinton and Obama did.

All the dems have to do is pass state laws to allow same sex marriage and a federal law requiring states recognize all legal marriages whether they agree with them or not.
Once again, you disappoint me. I thought you were smarter than that. "All the Dems have to do"?? Good luck with that in the shit hole red southern states. How long would YOU wait for justice if YOUR rights were denied?

As far as Federal law goes, the Defence of Marriage Act, which prohibits the federal goverment from recognising same sex marriages performed in the states is still on the books. It is currently unenforcable because of the US V. Windsor decision 0f 2013, but that ruling may also be in jeopardy .

The Respect for Marriage Act which would repeal the Defense of Marriage Act and require states to recognise same sex marriages from other states has passed in the house but is stalled out by the Republican bigots. We need 60 votes

Furthermore the bill stops short of requiring states to issue same sex marriage licenses so gay couples. I suppose that would be a bridge too far. Those couples would have to travel, perhapps thousands of miles from home, friends and family to get married, and then return to a state that is hostile to their marriage and may or may not actually recognise it.

In short, it is not so simple and easy-peasy as you pretend.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back