Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

Actually every republican coming up for confirmation in the senate swore up and down that Roe v Wade was precedent, settled law, and they believed in stare decisis
Actually, no. You heard what you wanted to hear as someone who supports this abomination.

I am fine with you feeling deceived and honestly I would be fine with you and anyone else who believes in this human rights abuse being deceived, as you are awful people and tricking you to stop you is laudable - but they didn’t lie with their answers. Not one bit.

How so? They come under the "general welfare" clause
Okay. Got it. You are a monstrous and insane tyrant.

To you, Mandating the legality of killing kids “promotes the general welfare of the states” and thus Congress has infinite power to inflict your vague and insidious will…

By that argument, on the contrary, let’s just legalize killing pro-aborts if they don’t leave the country - it would vastly improve the country.

I didn’t think SCOTUS would overturn Roe v Wade after swearing it was safe

Republicans are plotting long term
They are dangerous at all levels of Government
bullshit, what is dangerous long term at all levels of government is the dem/lib ideology that if it feels good it should be legal and that bribery of federal officials is fine as long as they are democrats, and that a senile old fool who campaigned from his basement and could not get more than 25 people to a rally got the most votes in history and won over a guy who routinely got 50,000 people to a rally and represented the views and beliefs of a majority of americans (except on the west coast and northeast where idiocy reigns supreme).

So what is the point of having a country if individual states can deny basic human rights? All citizens of a country should have the same rights wherever they live.
1. That’s the system we have. A federalist one.

2. No one was barred from being married, there were just restrictions on who you could be married to. Which by the way is still the case. And that differs from state to state. You can’t marry anyone you want currently.

maybe not, but muslims toss them off rooftops. Is that not a death penalty?

You don't know one country from another. That was in Iraq. ISIS has bastardized Islam and they are the enemy of all Muslims.

bullshit, what is dangerous long term at all levels of government is the dem/lib ideology that if it feels good it should be legal and that bribery of federal officials is fine as long as they are democrats, and that a senile old fool who campaigned from his basement and could not get more than 25 people to a rally got the most votes in history and won over a guy who routinely got 50,000 people to a rally and represented the views and beliefs of a majority of americans (except on the west coast and northeast where idiocy reigns supreme).

Biden has more regard for the American people than to hold super spreader events for his ego. I think Americans got it since Biden won the election by a wide margin.

Okay. Got it. You are a monstrous and insane tyrant.

To you, Mandating the legality of killing kids “promotes the general welfare of the states” and thus Congress has infinite power to inflict your vague and insidious will…

By that argument, on the contrary, let’s just legalize killing pro-aborts if they don’t leave the country - it would vastly improve the country.

You must be one of those Dominionist evangelical Christians.

1. That’s the system we have. A federalist one.

2. No one was barred from being married, there were just restrictions on who you could be married to. Which by the way is still the case. And that differs from state to state. You can’t marry anyone you want currently.
The restrictions as they stand deal with issues of consent and cosanguinity that can lead to genetic abnormality. 2 non related consenting adults should be able to marry each other.

The restrictions as they stand deal with issues of consent and cosanguinity that can lead to genetic abnormality. 2 non related consenting adults should be able to marry each other.
What business is it of yours what 2 consenting adults do in their bedroom? Why can’t I marry 2 different women at the same time? Why can’t I marry whomever I’m in love with?

I get it as long as you agree with the restrictions you’re cool with it. Otherwise the restrictions are bigoted.

What business is it of yours what 2 consenting adults do in their bedroom? Why can’t I marry 2 different women at the same time? Why can’t I marry whomever I’m in love with?

I get it as long as you agree with the restrictions you’re cool with it. Otherwise the restrictions are bigoted.
I personally have no issue with polygamist marriages. Close relationships are a bit iffy, but I'm not 100% against as long as there is free consent.

I personally have no issue with polygamist marriages. Close relationships are a bit iffy, but I'm not 100% against as long as there is free consent.
The point being States have in the past and continue to regulate who can marry who and those restrictions vary from state to state. And that’s ok. Marriage isn’t the only issue either. There are countless laws That vary from state to state. That’s the beauty of a federalist system. We (the country) all agree ( though I question whether this is still true) on core values and over arching concepts for the country, but because States can have varying laws within those confines we can choose to live in states that best suit our individual way of thinking. It also allows us to experiment on a smaller scale than the whole nation with different ideas and ways of doing things. And hopefully the good spreads and the bad gets weeded out.

:ack-1:

Don‘t believe you got all that into one sentence

What business is it of yours what 2 consenting adults do in their bedroom?
This is not about what anyone does in their bedroom. What you do not seem to get is that it is not about sex at all. Marriage is not required for sex

This about the ability of two people, regardless of their respective gender, to live openly as a couple and enjoy the legal protections, finacial benefits and social status of being married.

Why can’t I marry 2 different women at the same time?
That is a separate issue with different legal and social implications. If you want to marry 2 or more people, or your Dog or your gun you are free to pursue that through the courts of the legislative process. Gay couples made the case that there is no compelling govrnment interest in banning their marriage and therefor such bans were found to be unconstitutional. You would have to do the same. However it may be an uphill fight because unlike with two consenting sanme sex couples, the government my be able articulate a compelling reason for not allowing it.

Last edited:
The point being States have in the past and continue to regulate who can marry who and those restrictions vary from state to state. And that’s ok. Marriage isn’t the only issue either. There are countless laws That vary from state to state. That’s the beauty of a federalist system. We (the country) all agree ( though I question whether this is still true) on core values and over arching concepts for the country, but because States can have varying laws within those confines we can choose to live in states that best suit our individual way of thinking. It also allows us to experiment on a smaller scale than the whole nation with different ideas and ways of doing things. And hopefully the good spreads and the bad gets weeded out.
Really? So that is your solution? If someone feels that they are being treated unfairly, or discriminated against because the majority of the people and/or lawmakers in their state are bigots, they can just pack up and move elsewhere? THINK about what you are saying!

Lets say there is a gay person who grew up in the deep south who wants to get married. Or a mixed race couple who want to marry. You think that they should have to move, possibly thousands of miles away from family and friends? They should have to leave their jobs and the familiar environment and culture where they have deep roots? How is that fair? How is that equal protection under the law

When you suggest shit like that, I have to wonder what real life experiences, if any, you have actually had. You should get off of the couch and get out more. Talk to people outside of your bubble.

The fact is that your narrow interpretation of theConstitution is more important to you than civil and human rights. I wonder also, how strongly you would cling to your conservative beliefs if the shoe were on the other foot.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back