Ted Cruz- A number of the Biden judicial nominees are anti America, they believe America is racist and has an evil history.

Oh, the civil war was discussed. But other than discussing the cause of the civil war, discussions were about the war.

Not slavery.

Slavery was glossed over and white washed. Its brutality and tyranny softened and muted.

It shouldn't be. Its our history. I'd advocated at least several weeks into the practices of slavery, the tyranny of it, the impact it had on individuals, the white supremacy that fed it, the economies that were based on it, and the human toll. The cultures and languages that were surpressed.

I wouldn't try and soften it just because it makes it harder to lionize the founders.

I'd also do deep, deep dives into all the oppressive laws that followed to subjugate former slaves and their descendants. Not just bare mentions, but meaningful exploration of the impact of redlining, poll taxes, the KKK and similar terrorist organizations, segregation, bans on interracial marriage, and our nation's history of racism.

And how that racism still lingers today, still impacts the lives of the descendants of slaves. For fuck's sake, it wasn't until 1996 that a majority of Americans thought that interrracial marriage should even be LEGAL.

What conservatives want is the most trivial review of slavery, anything more than a 'technical acknowledgement' of centuries of brutality being CRT, and thus forbidden to even mention.

I disagree. The conservative obsession with white washing our nation's history of slavery, racism and white supremacy is anti-American. Not teaching our history.

You are a very sad person who wants to dwell on something that was NOT unique to America.

Following your logic, these courses would need to stress that the Democratic Party was the Party of slavery, the Civil War/rebellion, Jim Crow, and the KKK (the paramilitary arm of the Democratic Party).

And it would need to stress how Africans were central to the slave trade and how slavery existed long before America, was normal in much of the world, was rampant among natives in the New World, and wasn't unique let alone invented in America. And how it still exists in numerous places.

Enjoy your guilt trip though.

You are a very sad person who wants to dwell on something that was NOT unique to America.

Following your logic, these courses would need to stress that the Democratic Party was the Party of slavery, the Civil War/rebellion, Jim Crow, and the KKK (the paramilitary arm of the Democratic Party).

And it would need to stress how Africans were central to the slave trade and how slavery existed long before America, was normal in much of the world, was rampant among natives in the New World, and wasn't unique let alone invented in America. And how it still exists in numerous places.

Enjoy your guilt trip though.

I want to acknowledge and teach what happened here. I don't give a fiddler's fuck if it happened other places.

I care that we did this to people. I want our kids to know how destructive we've been, how inhumane, how brutally cruel, how oppressive and violent......so they won't be convinced that could never happen here. It absolutely could and absolutely has.

They'll also learn of our greatness, of our achievements, or our accomplishments and triumphs. But they must also know of our failures.

Denying our history or trying to white wash it is anti-American.

I want to acknowledge and teach what happened here. I don't give a fiddler's fuck if it happened other places.

I care that we did this to people. I want our kids to know how destructive we've been, how inhumane, how brutally cruel, how oppressive and violent......so they won't be convinced that could never happen here. It absolutely could and absolutely has.

They'll also learn of our greatness, of our achievements, or our accomplishments and triumphs. But they must also know of our failures.

Denying our history or trying to white wash it is anti-American.

LOL No one is denying anything. But you certainly are obsessing over it.

Why are you so guilt-ridden over something you had no part in?

LOL No one is denying anything. But you certainly are obsessing over it.

Why are you so guilt-ridden over something you had no part in?

You're only trying to skim over it as quickly as possible. And then deny any lingering impact of centuries of slavery and laws oppressing freed slaves and their decendants........making it illegal to teach it by calling it CRT.

As I said, denying our history or trying to white wash it is anti-American.

There is no slavery in America, that ended in December 1865.

And since that time blacks have been and still are free to emigrate; while blacks from outside America keep immigrating here.
No, but there is slavery in America that is thriving. The slave trade coming across the border is out of hand and democrats don't seem to care.

Ok let's pretend America has some evil history. What does that have to do with right now?

How is America racist when we had a black president twice, what about the black and non white congressman, doctors, lawyers, police chiefs, business owners and so on? Why was blm allowed to run rampant and burn, steal and destroy in the name of blacks with little resistance? If America was racist and evil why would we tolerate blacks being able to get jobs or into colleges based on the fact they are black alone?

These types always look at the past and look at it like "well if it were me" because that's easy because you can't do anything about it but you can make yourself sound like some kind of righteous warrior without actually having to do anything. And it's easy to stand around in the present with your hands in your pockets and blame things without having to do anything.

Forum List

Back