Tariffs slowed Q2 GDP Growth

So far we have more manufacturing in the US than we did with corporations going abroad to escape the Oblummer tax and regulations scam. Now that they are back, you are bitching how unfair it is to other countries? Fuck em..right in the pocket book.

The peak in manufacturing jobs was under Jimmy Carter.

Today, we have two-thirds the manufacturing jobs under Carter, and the growth in manufacturing jobs under Trump has been about the same as it was under Obama.

Manufacturing is never going to be a significant employer again because many of the jobs can be done by robots.
Is that why they called his time in office the Malaise admin?

So far we have more manufacturing in the US than we did with corporations going abroad to escape the Oblummer tax and regulations scam. Now that they are back, you are bitching how unfair it is to other countries? Fuck em..right in the pocket book.

Today, we have two-thirds the manufacturing jobs under Carter, and the growth in manufacturing jobs under Trump has been about the same as it was under Obama.

Manufacturing is never going to be a significant employer again because many of the jobs can be done by robots.
Why did so many companies move overseas then if all they had to do was build a few robots? They moved for the cheap labor and if it weren't still cheaper, they would have moved back.
STFU, China provided cheap labor...with suicide safety nets, even. That does not mean it was good for Americans or Chinese.

Why did so many companies move overseas then if all they had to do was build a few robots? They moved for the cheap labor and if it weren't still cheaper, they would have moved back.
STFU, China provided cheap labor...with suicide safety nets, even. That does not mean it was good for Americans or Chinese.
What are you talking about? And why are you mad?

Apple couldn't make their I phones and pads here in the US because of the environmental impact it would cause because Oblummer's EPA put such restrictions on that. Also, with China workers being paid nickles an hour, sure Apple's CEO, Liberal Steve Jobs would want to save the company lots of money so he, Liberal Steve could get billions of dollars. Why do liberals say they are for the little guy, then rake in the billions, while fucking over the little guy? Because libtards are stupid fucking people. That's why..dumbass.

Because people in China died and American workers lost out on money they could have earned?
Yeah, I'm a little mad about that. Sue me! Good luck! :113:

Because people in China died and American workers lost out on money they could have earned?
Yeah, I'm a little mad about that. Sue me! Good luck! :113:
I did not hear about Chinese people dying; I have no idea what you are referring to. But when I said companies moved overseas, I didn't necessarily mean China. They have moved a lot of places.

Opinion | The Trade-War Growth Slowdown

Tariffs are taxes. Raise taxes and growth slows.

The Trump Administration on Thursday announced another $16 billion in aid to farmers bruised by the President’s trade wars, but Friday’s second-quarter GDP report shows the trade damage isn’t confined to agriculture. Growth dipped to the Obama-era doldrums of 2.1% amid a slowdown in business investment, exports and growth abroad. ...

The big disappointment was private business investment, which subtracted a percentage point from GDP. Much of that was due to falling inventories, but investment slowed across the board including in research and development, and especially building and transportation equipment. Truck orders have fallen as trade flows have slowed, and companies have reported scaling back warehouse construction.

Business investment has been cool since last year’s third quarter when the President revved up his trade brawl with China. Executives have reported delaying investment decisions since they don’t know the impact of his multifront trade war on cross-border supply chains. Foreign investment in the U.S. has been declining with capital flows from China falling 87.9% between 2016 and 2018. ...

According to the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston beige book, manufacturers reported that “tariffs and foreign retaliation had weakened demand for their products” and “investment demand had slowed because firms were delaying capital expenditure plans.” An electronics manufacturer in the Northeast reported moving an assembly line to Germany to avoid U.S. tariffs on Chinese components. ...

Toro, just move to China. You'll be much happier there.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch. We have the lowest unemployment rate in decades. We have the lowest black unemployment rate in history. We have the lowest Latino unemployment in history. We have the lowest unemployment for women since WWII. We have the most people working in history. Our economy is the largest in history.

Trump's fault.

Like the article said, Trump acts like a Democrat and raises taxes, so you get Democratic-like growth.

When Trump acts like a Republican and cuts taxes, you get Republican-like growth.

But since Trump is your Orange God, you'd probably support him if he raised income taxes to 100%.
Actually, when Trump acts like a Republican and cuts taxes, you get Republican-like deficits and debt.

And there’s no difference between Democrats and Republicans, they both deficit spend – they just deficit spend on different things.

China and corporations are taking the hit so far.... yet to pass on any increase in costs to the buying public so I don't give much weight to the OP's link....just more scare tactics...Look around...you can see a booming economy if you know what to look for...watch out for stories and reports like this all the way to election night 2020...its all BS...the benefit to America when the tariffs work will be like something we have never seen before...

Twenty years ago, it was cheaper to move production overseas than it was to build robots.

Today, it's cheaper to build robots than to pay for American labor.

Opinion | The Trade-War Growth Slowdown

Tariffs are taxes. Raise taxes and growth slows.

The Trump Administration on Thursday announced another $16 billion in aid to farmers bruised by the President’s trade wars, but Friday’s second-quarter GDP report shows the trade damage isn’t confined to agriculture. Growth dipped to the Obama-era doldrums of 2.1% amid a slowdown in business investment, exports and growth abroad. ...

The big disappointment was private business investment, which subtracted a percentage point from GDP. Much of that was due to falling inventories, but investment slowed across the board including in research and development, and especially building and transportation equipment. Truck orders have fallen as trade flows have slowed, and companies have reported scaling back warehouse construction.

Business investment has been cool since last year’s third quarter when the President revved up his trade brawl with China. Executives have reported delaying investment decisions since they don’t know the impact of his multifront trade war on cross-border supply chains. Foreign investment in the U.S. has been declining with capital flows from China falling 87.9% between 2016 and 2018. ...

According to the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston beige book, manufacturers reported that “tariffs and foreign retaliation had weakened demand for their products” and “investment demand had slowed because firms were delaying capital expenditure plans.” An electronics manufacturer in the Northeast reported moving an assembly line to Germany to avoid U.S. tariffs on Chinese components. ...

Toro, just move to China. You'll be much happier there.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch. We have the lowest unemployment rate in decades. We have the lowest black unemployment rate in history. We have the lowest Latino unemployment in history. We have the lowest unemployment for women since WWII. We have the most people working in history. Our economy is the largest in history.

Trump's fault.

Like the article said, Trump acts like a Democrat and raises taxes, so you get Democratic-like growth.

When Trump acts like a Republican and cuts taxes, you get Republican-like growth.

But since Trump is your Orange God, you'd probably support him if he raised income taxes to 100%.
Actually, when Trump acts like a Republican and cuts taxes, you get Republican-like deficits and debt.

And there’s no difference between Democrats and Republicans, they both deficit spend – they just deficit spend on different things.
there’s no difference between Democrats and Republicans, they both deficit spend – they just deficit spend on different things.
Yeah , like Republicans spend it on the military which have to work, to keep liberals sorry ass free, while Democrat spend on welfare so liberals cant sit on their sorry asses and not work.

China and corporations are taking the hit so far.... yet to pass on any increase in costs to the buying public so I don't give much weight to the OP's link....just more scare tactics...Look around...you can see a booming economy if you know what to look for...watch out for stories and reports like this all the way to election night 2020...its all BS...the benefit to America when the tariffs work will be like something we have never seen before...

i.e. "Taxes are good for Americans"

:lol:

Such a leftist.

Twenty years ago, it was cheaper to move production overseas than it was to build robots.

No shit sherlock, when the Dimwitocraps keep raising minimum wages, so a $2.00 burger flipper is now making as much as an employee working on million dollar jets, something has to give. The more robots that work, means more idiots like you, lose their jobs. So keep on voting for the very people who want you to be poor and miserable, elections have consequences and you deserve all the misery and poverty the libs FORCE upon you. Dumbass.

No shit sherlock, when the Dimwitocraps keep raising minimum wages, so a $2.00 burger flipper is now making as much as an employee working on million dollar jets, something has to give. The more robots that work, means more idiots like you, lose their jobs. So keep on voting for the very people who want you to be poor and miserable, elections have consequences and you deserve all the misery and poverty the libs FORCE upon you. Dumbass.

I make a lot of money, and make a lot of money for my employer, so I won't be replaced unless I fuck up.

But yes, anretardjim, if you keep using the government to engineer economic outcomes, those policies will hurt the people the liberals are trying to help.

i.e. "Taxes are good for Americans"

:lol:

Such a leftist.
Fair trade is essential for America....retaining our intellectual property is also...taxes are a necessary evil...I wonder why we never heard Liberals complain about taxes until Trump levied tariffs on China...

Fair trade is essential for America....retaining our intellectual property is also...taxes are a necessary evil...I wonder why we never heard Liberals complain about taxes until Trump levied tariffs on China...

Taxes are a necessary evil.

And China has been stealing from us.

But this is the cost of the tariffs.

Trump's trade taxes are hurting his base the most, ie. farmers, for the benefits of the people who loathe him, ie, Silicon Valley.

And those manufacturing jobs are never coming back.

I make a lot of money, and make a lot of money for my employer, so I won't be replaced unless I fuck up.

But yes, anretardjim, if you keep using the government to engineer economic outcomes, those policies will hurt the people the liberals are trying to help.
Don't get uppity. We are all billionaires here.

Taxes are a necessary evil.

And China has been stealing from us.

But this is the cost of the tariffs.

Trump's trade taxes are hurting his base the most, ie. farmers, for the benefits of the people who loathe him, ie, Silicon Valley.

And those manufacturing jobs are never coming back.
The farmers are not complaining like you are...and the people are enjoying growth in wages and a choice of jobs...they are not really preoccupied with the cost of soybeans or paying 10 cents more for an avocado...

Forum List

Back