Tale of Two States

My wife and I just went to Salisbury Beach in MA. Wide open. No lifeguards. It was great on an 85 degree day. Of course all the restaurants are closed in MA so we walked about 150 yards over to NH (Seabrook) and sat outside at a restaurant with drinks and food.

People of all ages were there. No masks, no fear, all having a good time.

Open the country unilaterally. Enough of this paranoia. Governor Baker of MA is a weak and was bullied by the Leftist constituency. We don’t need weak leaders in America. That includes Joe Biden, who is hiding in his basement.
New Hampshire is not Massachusetts
Duh that’s the point of the post. I had to crossover to NH. Keep up, Leftist.
BFD

Different states, different demographics, different population densities.

Even you should be able to figure it out
So you’re saying all of Cali should do what LA does? We have different counties in MA too. You’re very stupid and you know it.
I am saying California has the power to do what is necessary to protect the public. Just like Massachusetts does.
Nope. Not at all what you said. You didn’t even mention Cali, I did. Keep trying. Your leftist logic is doing great...

metro Phoenix

I have not been to Phoenix in years. I wonder if the city is looking a lot like San Francisco. Where you need a city map to get around people crapping on the sidewalks. I stopped going to San Fran in the early 1990's. I used to hang out around Fisherman's Wharf.

Not even remotely. Yes, we still have a lot of homeless people, because this is Arizona, and if you're gonna sleep in the park you want it to be warm and dry. But Arizona don't play that "crap in public" nonsense. If the cops don't arrest you, the bystanders will kick you into next week.

Mind you, I avoid downtown and the ASU area like the plague, so I can't speak for how it is down there. The places I do go, we ain't havin' it.

Amarillo was slated to be opened up on Monday, but it is now delayed until next week because of all the cases that keep popping up.

However...................this week, it appears that the curve has flattened and is starting to go down. If we opened up completely right now? Lots of people will become sick in the next few weeks.
Why would they become sick if they continued to isolate? I dont follow your logic. No one is forcing people to go out. Are you playing dumb on purpose?
GayBiker doesn’t “play” dumb, he just is.

I'm still bummed, though. I don't ever want my kids to think Memorial Day is just about having a day off and barbecuing, or look at me and ask, "Why do they call it Memorial Day?"

Actually, I would think that a parent would welcome a question like that, because it affords them the opportunity to educate their children about the sacrifices some of us have made for this country.

My wife and I just went to Salisbury Beach in MA. Wide open. No lifeguards. It was great on an 85 degree day. Of course all the restaurants are closed in MA so we walked about 150 yards over to NH (Seabrook) and sat outside at a restaurant with drinks and food.

Open the country unilaterally. Enough of this paranoia. Governor Baker of MA is a weak and was bullied by the Leftist constituency. We don’t need weak leaders in America. That includes Joe Biden, who is hiding in his basement.
Wait a minute, if you came back from NH you now have to quarantine yourself again for six months (and turn over all the fireworks you bought up there).

Wait a minute, if you came back from NH you now have to quarantine yourself again for six months (and turn over all the fireworks you bought up there).

Do you guys ever get tired of using exaggeration and "truthful hyperbole" like Trump does? Sorry, but the most I've heard of anyone being quarantined is 14 days, not 6 months.

And, if you bring up cruise ship crews, that is a totally different situation, because I personally think they should all be brought ashore and quarantined for 2 weeks and then released. It's the people running the cruise lines who decided to do that to the crews.

LOL right...

Do you guys ever get tired of using exaggeration and "truthful hyperbole" like Trump does? Sorry, but the most I've heard of anyone being quarantined is 14 days, not 6 months.
Yeah, that was a joke, Buzz. Pull the stick out.

I'm currently in New Jersey and looking over the next year to move and had a question. How is New Hampshire in regards to the masks? I'm don't know if you live in MA or NH but do you know how people are in NH in regards to the masks. Is there any resistance to them? Are businesses saying they won't comply? I hear NH is more libertarian and would hope so due to the somewhat recent drift towards authoritarianism in the country. My moving destination is premised on how liberty loving the people are. Thanks.

I'm currently in New Jersey and looking over the next year to move and had a question. How is New Hampshire in regards to the masks? I'm don't know if you live in MA or NH but do you know how people are in NH in regards to the masks. Is there any resistance to them? Are businesses saying they won't comply? I hear NH is more libertarian and would hope so due to the somewhat recent drift towards authoritarianism in the country. My moving destination is premised on how liberty loving the people are. Thanks.
Since NH has only two seasons, winter and july, you’ll be wearing a ski mask for 11 months so it’s not that big of a deal.

MA is closed so my kids basketball tourneys are in NH. In the tourneys masks are required for coaches, refs and fans but games are being played. In terms of bars and restaurants they are not required. And the more north you go the less you see of it. In Maine it is as if COVID never existed.

Hope that helps. NH is split, some left leaning persons but many moderates and conservatives too. Not as nutso as MA. Live Free or Die....

It also depends where in NH you want to live.

Since NH has only two seasons, winter and july, you’ll be wearing a ski mask for 11 months so it’s not that big of a deal.
Thats northern NH, like North Conway. LOL.

Salem NH or Derry is the same weather as Boston for all intents and purposes.

That is possibly the most intelligent thing you've ever said on USMB. :(

Elect Trump and the virus is over, American freedoms restored.

Elect Biden, and he will abuse the virus so that he can grab more power and more riches from the American public.

One man cares for America, the other for himself.

Live free or die, baby.

Much appreciate it, that helps a lot. Very surprised to read that Maine is as if it never existed. I thought I heard Maine went borderline Soviet. But perhaps I misheard.
The frustration I have over all of this is menacing. Luckily there aren't too many Stalinists here but so many people conform to government demands and don't even question it, despite so much proof that just about all of it has been hyped such as the death rates and the tests don't even detect Covid, just corona virus which can be a flu or common cold. Just the simple question"due you trust your government", makes you conspiracy minded. It's simply incredible.

When it snows, there can be a pretty big difference from Boston to New Hampshire. Not so far geographically, but weather patterns change by the square foot around here.

Much appreciate it, that helps a lot. Very surprised to read that Maine is as if it never existed. I thought I heard Maine went borderline Soviet. But perhaps I misheard.
The frustration I have over all of this is menacing. Luckily there aren't too many Stalinists here but so many people conform to government demands and don't even question it, despite so much proof that just about all of it has been hyped such as the death rates and the tests don't even detect Covid, just corona virus which can be a flu or common cold. Just the simple question"due you trust your government", makes you conspiracy minded. It's simply incredible.

It sounds like you may have gotten Maine confused with Vermont.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back