Tale of Two States

My wife and I just went to Salisbury Beach in MA. Wide open. No lifeguards. It was great on an 85 degree day. Of course all the restaurants are closed in MA so we walked about 150 yards over to NH (Seabrook) and sat outside at a restaurant with drinks and food.

People of all ages were there. No masks, no fear, all having a good time.

Open the country unilaterally. Enough of this paranoia. Governor Baker of MA is a weak and was bullied by the Leftist constituency. We don’t need weak leaders in America. That includes Joe Biden, who is hiding in his basement.
I'm currently in New Jersey and looking over the next year to move and had a question. How is New Hampshire in regards to the masks? I'm don't know if you live in MA or NH but do you know how people are in NH in regards to the masks. Is there any resistance to them? Are businesses saying they won't comply? I hear NH is more libertarian and would hope so due to the somewhat recent drift towards authoritarianism in the country. My moving destination is premised on how liberty loving the people are. Thanks.
Since NH has only two seasons, winter and july, you’ll be wearing a ski mask for 11 months so it’s not that big of a deal.
Thats northern NH, like North Conway. LOL.

Salem NH or Derry is the same weather as Boston for all intents and purposes.
OK. So, three seasons; winter, July and August.

My wife and I just went to Salisbury Beach in MA. Wide open. No lifeguards. It was great on an 85 degree day. Of course all the restaurants are closed in MA so we walked about 150 yards over to NH (Seabrook) and sat outside at a restaurant with drinks and food.

Open the country unilaterally. Enough of this paranoia. Governor Baker of MA is a weak and was bullied by the Leftist constituency. We don’t need weak leaders in America. That includes Joe Biden, who is hiding in his basement.
What did you eat ???

I am saying California has the power to do what is necessary to protect the public. Just like Massachusetts does.
Do you think Governor Gruesom protected anyone by preventing people from surfing off S. California
beaches? Or do you think people are passing the covid virus out in the Pacific ocean?

I'm currently in New Jersey and looking over the next year to move and had a question. How is New Hampshire in regards to the masks? I'm don't know if you live in MA or NH but do you know how people are in NH in regards to the masks. Is there any resistance to them? Are businesses saying they won't comply? I hear NH is more libertarian and would hope so due to the somewhat recent drift towards authoritarianism in the country. My moving destination is premised on how liberty loving the people are. Thanks.
Since NH has only two seasons, winter and july, you’ll be wearing a ski mask for 11 months so it’s not that big of a deal.

Much appreciate it, that helps a lot. Very surprised to read that Maine is as if it never existed. I thought I heard Maine went borderline Soviet. But perhaps I misheard.
The frustration I have over all of this is menacing. Luckily there aren't too many Stalinists here but so many people conform to government demands and don't even question it, despite so much proof that just about all of it has been hyped such as the death rates and the tests don't even detect Covid, just corona virus which can be a flu or common cold. Just the simple question"due you trust your government", makes you conspiracy minded. It's simply incredible.
Rural Maine may as well be Oklahoma...super RED

What did you eat ???
12 Ocean Grill

When it snows, there can be a pretty big difference from Boston to New Hampshire. Not so far geographically, but weather patterns change by the square foot around here.
Hell Worcester gets creamed too.

When it snows, there can be a pretty big difference from Boston to New Hampshire. Not so far geographically, but weather patterns change by the square foot around here.

It deserves it. What a dump.

Once upon a time I managed an educational program with offices in Boston, Lowell, and Worcester. Another part of the organization helped to resettle refugees and asylees in parts of those cities and their environs. I felt bad for some of the families resettled in the hinterlands around Worcester. After dark it's like one of those post-apocalyptic movies.

Once upon a time I managed an educational program with offices in Boston, Lowell, and Worcester. Another part of the organization helped to resettle refugees and asylees in parts of those cities and their environs. I felt bad for some of the families resettled in the hinterlands around Worcester. After dark it's like one of those post-apocalyptic movies.
That must be why it’s pronounced worst-er. Only place worse would be Worst-est.

Much appreciate it, that helps a lot. Very surprised to read that Maine is as if it never existed. I thought I heard Maine went borderline Soviet. But perhaps I misheard.
The frustration I have over all of this is menacing. Luckily there aren't too many Stalinists here but so many people conform to government demands and don't even question it, despite so much proof that just about all of it has been hyped such as the death rates and the tests don't even detect Covid, just corona virus which can be a flu or common cold. Just the simple question"due you trust your government", makes you conspiracy minded. It's simply incredible.

It sounds like you may have gotten Maine confused with Vermont.
Lol. That's another thing that worries me about moving up to NH, since its so close to places like Vermont and MA, who seem to have many obedient citizens, it might act as a pressure on NH to conform. Maybe even with an influx of citizens from those neighboring states they could turn NH into something it shouldn't be. Similar to the complaints I here now from the likes of Wesley Hunt where he tells Californians moving into Texas, "don't move here and turn it into what you left behind."

Lol. That's another thing that worries me about moving up to NH, since its so close to places like Vermont and MA, who seem to have many obedient citizens, it might act as a pressure on NH to conform. Maybe even with an influx of citizens from those neighboring states they could turn NH into something it shouldn't be. Similar to the complaints I here now from the likes of Wesley Hunt where he tells Californians moving into Texas, "don't move here and turn it into what you left behind."
Not everyone in MA is a leftist loon but we have our share for sure. The woke crowd is very annoying

That must be why it’s pronounced worst-er. ...

Um...it's not.

There ARE loads of Massholes living in NH and working in Boston. There have been for a long time. People in MA and VT aren't "obedient." It's more complicated than that.

Um...it's not.
Woooostah

There ARE loads of Massholes living in NH and working in Boston. There have been for a long time. People in MA and VT aren't "obedient." It's more complicated than that.
They are super entitled and feel woke. Many work in healthcare and education. Leftist dreams.

They are super entitled and feel woke. ......

Yeah, the Cambridge douche bags, but most people claim independence and mindlessly vote democrat out of habit.

Um...it's not.
Sure it is. In most places.

Um...it's not.
Woooostah
That’s in Massachusetts.
Worst-er elsewhere.

Um...it's not.
Sure it is. In most places.

Wow, no. I don't know where you're from, but no.

Forum List

Back