Swalwell suggests Trump is guilty for taking the Fifth

Based on how many times the media, and the politicians and the fbi have lied about what he said I think he made the smartest choice.

Din't give the lying pricks ANYTHING to work with.
I agree. Before he was exposed to a truly hateful, dishonest, vitriolic press, a deep state determined to destroy him, a weaponized justice department, he naively thought the rule of law kept him safe and he criticized those who took the Fifth. Most who take it probably deserve the criticism. But now he knows how many take it to avoid prosecution for crimes they know they never committed. Live and learn.

If he used the 5th Amendment, he has a right as a citizen to say nothing that could be gleefully weaponized by the Democrat headhunters to claim foul. It was likely the best thing he could have done. The Democrats twist and shout with the truth.
Yes, I'm aware of the Fifth Avenue Rule. "I could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and I wouldn't lose any voters."

Fifth Avenue. How freakin' APPROPRIATE.

While we're on the subject of Eric Swalwell, he quoted Trump today that "Only guilty people take the Fifth' as President Trump took the Fifth rather than answer the N.Y. attorney general's questions.

I don't know. Does that make DJT a hypocrite?

Or is Trump now wiser and understands that people are justified in taking the fifth when they're under siege and persecution by a weaponized DOJ & unscrupulous House members determined to find something, anything they can pretend is heinous enough to destroy somebody? That is especially true in the case of Donald J. Trump. That's how afraid they are he might win the Presidency again.
Trump stated that a person doesn't need to plead the fifth if one is innocent.

I agree. Before he was exposed to a truly hateful, dishonest, vitriolic press, a deep state determined to destroy him, a weaponized justice department, he naively thought the rule of law kept him safe and he criticized those who took the Fifth. Most who take it probably deserve the criticism. But now he knows how many take it to avoid prosecution for crimes they know they never committed. Live and learn.
That is not the position he took during hearing on Hillary and her staff. Trump criticized Hillary aides who plead the fifth.

Trump took the Fifth and refused to answer questions today.

Guess who sat through 11 hours of grilling Congressional hearings and did not take the Fifth once?

Hillary Clinton
Benghazi.jpg

Yes, I'm aware of the Fifth Avenue Rule. "I could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and I wouldn't lose any voters."

Poor Mac, no comprehension of reading when one substitutes a hate word for a Constitutional one. Anything for the oblivion a little white lie forces on the public, hm. Do all Democrats use the word 'avenue' for the word, "amendment?" The Kindergarten door and the Ignore Door are the same to me. Get someone else to change your political diapers, I'm fresh outta diaper pins, doll.

Here's what makes Don pleading the 5th even more damning.

“The negative inference that can be drawn at a civil trial down the road isn’t great for him — that’s the consequence of refusing to testify today, that the jury will be instructed that they can infer that his testimony would have harmed his case — but it’s small potatoes compared to the substantial risk that he would (1) disclose damaging information that could be used against him civilly and/or criminally, (2) lie to avoid disclosing harmful information and thereby open himself up to perjury charges, or both,” she told Law&Crime.
lawandcrime.com

Donald Trump's Fifth Amendment Assertions Can Protect Him Criminally — But May Hurt Him in a Civil Case

Donald Trump asserting his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination could protect him in criminal matters — but hurt him in a likely civil case.
lawandcrime.com
lawandcrime.com

The jury can not be so instructed in a criminal trial. But in a civil case they are allowed to assume, as they should, that Don pleading the 5th was done because testifying truthfully would have revealed his participation in a criminal act.

While we're on the subject of Eric Swalwell, he quoted Trump today that "Only guilty people take the Fifth' as President Trump took the Fifth rather than answer the N.Y. attorney general's questions.

Or is Trump now wiser and understands that people are justified in taking the fifth when they're under siege and persecution by a weaponized DOJ & unscrupulous House members determined to find something, anything they can pretend is heinous enough to destroy somebody? That is especially true in the case of Donald J. Trump. That's how afraid they are he might win the Presidency again.
We don't think he'll win. He lost the popular vote by millions both times he ran....and got a shellacking in the electoral college in 2020 too.

We know he is a danger to this nation and our Democratic Republic, and has set up stealing the election, at the State level, if his crony candidates get in....

and if his state Republican legislatures takes the vote of their citizens, and overturns it, without a court hearing, to hand the presidency, to trump....which several states have changed their laws, to permit this action.

Last edited:
Poor Mac, no comprehension of reading when one substitutes a hate word for a Constitutional one. Anything for the oblivion a little white lie forces on the public, hm. Do all Democrats use the word 'avenue' for the word, "amendment?" The Kindergarten door and the Ignore Door are the same to me. Get someone else to change your political diapers, I'm fresh outta diaper pins, doll.
I'm sure that constitutes a response in your world. Who knows.

lol, He took the fifth -- like 400 times over several hours. Oh by the way, that deposition was recorded. Not a good look when a jury sees "I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth. I plead the fifth..."

Let the Punked House joke speak his unfettered mind.It will
by most accounts be short-lived.He may win his seat in a
state that people have learned to hate, and are fleeing in
record numbers,but he will pay a price.Can't pull what the pesky
snotrag has for the better part of 5 years and think he's gonna
escape any payback.

In the last decade or so, the Chinese went from near nothing in space to a major competitive power to our nation. Men like Swalwell are the reason for that. Space, Military, Technologies and more. In a manly society it would have taken a year to build a new tower after 9/11. In a extreme feminist society it took over a decade. The costs for this are to expensive and the intelligence is decreasing with a pizzed off population for any issue.

In the last decade or so, the Chinese went from near nothing in space to a major competitive power to our nation. Men like Swalwell are the reason for that. Space, Military, Technologies and more. In a manly society it would have taken a year to build a new tower after 9/11. In a extreme feminist society it took over a decade. The costs for this are to expensive and the intelligence is decreasing with a pizzed off population for any issue.
:confused-84:

Forum List

Back