Swalwell suggests Trump is guilty for taking the Fifth

Poor Trump had to hide behind the 5th because he's such a victim.

And the rubes all congratulate him.

Holy crap.
If he used the 5th Amendment, he has a right as a citizen to say nothing that could be gleefully weaponized by the Democrat headhunters to claim foul. It was likely the best thing he could have done. The Democrats twist and shout with the truth.

Then there was this:

I'm sure the song will have changed dramatically now that your God is the one pleading the fifth. It must suck to have zero principles. How do you live with yourself?
If you don't see the difference between those two things, I'll just wish you a pleasant evening.

If you don't see the difference between those two things, I'll just wish you a pleasant evening.
Sure I see the difference.

In the first case you don't like the person so you scream like a little bitch about someone taking the fifth.

In the second case, your God takes the fifth and you're all for it.

Have a nice night.

Obviously our former President learned something. What he had said before about the 5th Amendment was stupid. He was wrong at the time. And he may have learned that the hard way.
The former President and perpetual blob has learned something....there is no limit to the amount of bullshit his supporters will swallow.

While we're on the subject of Eric Swalwell, he quoted Trump today that "Only guilty people take the Fifth' as President Trump took the Fifth rather than answer the N.Y. attorney general's questions.

I don't know. Does that make DJT a hypocrite?

Or is Trump now wiser and understands that people are justified in taking the fifth when they're under siege and persecution by a weaponized DOJ & unscrupulous House members determined to find something, anything they can pretend is heinous enough to destroy somebody? That is especially true in the case of Donald J. Trump. That's how afraid they are he might win the Presidency again.
trump wouldn't have taken the 5th if they hadn't raided his house
Besides it isn't a criminal case

This deposition has NOTHING to do with the Mar-A-Lago case. This was a deposition by the New York attorney general for Trump's fraudulent dealings there.

Nice try.

trump-fifth.jpg

While we're on the subject of Eric Swalwell, he quoted Trump today that "Only guilty people take the Fifth' as President Trump took the Fifth rather than answer the N.Y. attorney general's questions.

That makes him a politician.

THE MOB TAKES THE FIFTH AMENDMENT. IF YOU'RE INNOCENT, WHY ARE YOU TAKING THE FIFTH AMENDMENT?

trump-crime-family.jpg

It had nothing to do with the FBI raid. It had everything to do with a NY D.A. who loudly campaigned on taking down Donald Trump. She hates him more than Liz Cheney or any anti-Trumper here at USMB. If he somehow got a date wrong, a sequence wrong, any minor fact wrong, she would have him in jail. There would be absolutely no effort at fairness or justice. He had absolutely no choice in this matter.

I'll go with hypocrite. It jives with his other flaws.

Based on how many times the media, and the politicians and the fbi have lied about what he said I think he made the smartest choice.

Don't give the lying pricks ANYTHING to work with.

Last edited:

Or is Trump now wiser and understands that people are justified in taking the fifth when they're under siege and persecution by a weaponized DOJ & unscrupulous House members determined to find something, anything they can pretend is heinous enough to destroy somebody? That is especially true in the case of Donald J. Trump. That's how afraid they are he might win the Presidency again.

Trump has always pleaded the 5th or said he didn't remember. He's done 3500 depositions over the years.

Forum List

Back