Survey for Veterans and Active duty! Please any help is appreciated

steven101389

Rookie
Apr 4, 2022
Hello my name is Steven. I'm a researcher at FIU and I'm currently a part of a study involving veterans and active duty. The survey goes over risk and resilience and your contribution would really help us understand military life and its effects on the psyche.

Any help is appreciated. Direct any questions to my supervisor Dr. Frazier.

Thanks again,

S.

Add a subheading (1) (1).jpg

You know they take these things and use them AGAINST the soldiers.
You know they use these to destroy what help is there. IT’s a way to find out what they won’t have to do.
If you join don’t get jabbed there is a clause that allows that until they take it out..
I wouldn’t join the military today if you told me I could live wealthy forever.
And I use to consider the military in my blood, still do just not this administration of we wear skirts and red high heels.

I joined the Navy on January 20, 1981, roughly six months out of high school. I thought I would do four years, get out and go back to Long Island. That four year hitch turned into a six year hitch in exchange for some advanced schooling. Then they dangled a large re-enlistment bonus in front of me, so I signed up for another four. By the time that hitch was up I was married with a child, and job prospects on the outside, for a US Navy trained Sonarman, weren't exactly plentiful.

They say that the ten year mark is when you decide to either get out or make it a career. I chose the career. I'm proud of my service and what I accomplished. Everything I have and everything I am today is because of the time I spent in uniform. If it was 1981 again, and if I was six months out of high school again, I would do at all again, without a moment's hesitation and without an ounce of regret.

Now? I can't say, with any degree of confidence, that I would recommend the military to someone. I still believe it's a noble calling. I still believe that those who serve are deserving of both our deep gratitude and unwavering respect. But the reality is that the military today is unrecognizable to me, and not in a good way. Those who choose to serve now have nothing to really compare it to, just as I had nothing to compare the Navy of 1981 to the Navy of 1941. While I would never try to dissuade someone from serving their country in uniform, I don't know that I would be the biggest advocate for it, either...​

Click what link to participate?

One would think the Psychology Department at the Florida International University would have eggheads who were smart enough to embed a link in the thread.

You academic types just kill me. :laughing0301:

I joined the Navy on January 20, 1981, roughly six months out of high school. I thought I would do four years, get out and go back to Long Island. That four year hitch turned into a six year hitch in exchange for some advanced schooling. Then they dangled a large re-enlistment bonus in front of me, so I signed up for another four. By the time that hitch was up I was married with a child, and job prospects on the outside, for a US Navy trained Sonarman, weren't exactly plentiful.

They say that the ten year mark is when you decide to either get out or make it a career. I chose the career. I'm proud of my service and what I accomplished. Everything I have and everything I am today is because of the time I spent in uniform. If it was 1981 again, and if I was six months out of high school again, I would do at all again, without a moment's hesitation and without an ounce of regret.

Now? I can't say, with any degree of confidence, that I would recommend the military to someone. I still believe it's a noble calling. I still believe that those who serve are deserving of both our deep gratitude and unwavering respect. But the reality is that the military today is unrecognizable to me, and not in a good way. Those who choose to serve now have nothing to really compare it to, just as I had nothing to compare the Navy of 1981 to the Navy of 1941. While I would never try to dissuade someone from serving their country in uniform, I don't know that I would be the biggest advocate for it, either...​
Role Model for What to Do When Incompetent, Self-Serving Elitists Are in Control

The Father of the Navy, John Paul Jones, got screwed over royally by those whom the ignorant call "Founding Fathers." Yet it didn't make him give up or quit trying to get the Navy up to shape, as if he knew that his full glory would come later.

Forum List

Back