Support for Ukraine is the Reagan Doctrine in Action

But so much of MAGA is nowhere anything like Reagan. To them, if our enemies, i.e. Democrats, support Ukraine, we must oppose them. Because what's most important is The 24/7 Forever Culture War. And the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Even if my enemy is my fellow Americans, and the enemy of my enemy disagrees with everything I belive.

Good thing most real conservatives recognize otherwise

In his 1985 State of the Union address, Reagan articulated what became known as the “Reagan Doctrine.” He cautioned against passivity when liberty is under assault and urged that “we must not break faith with those who are risking their lives …​
with Chinese Communist aggression against Taiwan appearing ever more likely, the sooner we drive the Russian bear back into its cave to lick its wounds, the better.​
As the Republican Party takes control of the House, we should remind ourselves of what a conservative foreign policy truly looks like. It is not isolationist. It does not abandon freedom-loving peoples. It does not throw a lifeline to a drowning enemy — rather, it tosses him an anchor.​

I support Ukraine. This "Nazi" crap is ridiculous. Commies always call their enemies "Nazi". You guys do it here too. You commies do that you know

Drawing Reagan into the Ukraine issue is a cheap shot and not surprising from the ignorant left. Why not go back further in history to the JFK doctrine that used the CIA to raise and equip an illegal army to invade Cuba which was abandoned at the Bay of Pigs?

The Ukraine deliberately forced this war by stealing oil from Russian pipelines, murdering 30k ethnic Russians, stockpiles US weapons, tried to put NATO nukes on Russia's border, violating treaties, deliberately cutting off negotiations

{...
On 24 February 2022, Russian president Vladimir Putin announced he was commencing a "special military operation" in eastern Ukraine.[9] Thousands of Russian troops subsequently entered Ukraine and began targeting Ukrainian military and civilian infrastructure with artillery strikes.[10] Early in the invasion, Putin rejected a provisional peace deal proposed by Dmitry Kozak, which would've ended hostilities in exchange for guarantees that Ukraine would not join NATO.[11]

During a conversation between Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy and Belarusian president Alexander Lukashenko on 27 February, it was agreed that a Ukrainian delegation would meet with Russian officials on the Belarusian border, near the Pripyat River, without preconditions.[12] It was reported that Lukashenko assured Zelenskyy that all planes, helicopters, and missiles on Belarusian territory would remain on the ground during the negotiations.[13]

By 16 March, Mykhailo Podoliak was assigned as the chief negotiator for the Ukrainian peace delegation, who indicated that peace negotiations of a 15-point plan would involve the retraction of Russian forces from their advanced positions in Ukraine, along with international guarantees for military support and alliance in case of renewed Russian military action, in return for Ukraine not pursuing further affiliation with NATO.[14]

September 2022​

In September, Reuters reported that Dmitry Kozak had an agreement with the Ukrainian side with Ukraine's declaration that it will not join NATO, which was presented as Russia's key concern. The agreement was however blocked by Putin, who "expanded his objectives to include annexing swathes of Ukrainian territory".[11][59] In the same month, Ukraine rejected a peace plan proposed by Mexico.[60]

On 21 September, Zelenskyy addressed the UN General Assembly with a pre-recorded video, laying out five "non-negotiable" conditions for a "peace formula", comprising "just punishment" of Russia for its crimes committed against Ukraine, protection of life by "all available means allowed by the UN charter", restoring security and territorial integrity, security guarantees from other countries, and determination for Ukraine to continue defending itself.[61] Speaking to Bild, Zelenskyy stated that he saw little chance of holding talks with Putin unless Russia withdrew its forces from Ukrainian territory.[62] Following Putin's announcement of Russia annexing four regions of Ukrainian territory it had seized during its invasion, Zelenskyy announced that Ukraine would not hold peace talks with Russia while Putin was president.[63]
...}

So Zelensky is the only one who is totally and completely responsible for this war.
Wrong.

Putin is exclusively responsible.

No one tried to put nukes on Russias border. No one tried to stock pile weapons there before the russians ILLEGALLY invaded. Ukraine broke no treaties period

Your clais are built on proven lies

But so much of MAGA is nowhere anything like Reagan. To them, if our enemies, i.e. Democrats, support Ukraine, we must oppose them. Because what's most important is The 24/7 Forever Culture War. And the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Even if my enemy is my fellow Americans, and the enemy of my enemy disagrees with everything I belive.

In his 1985 State of the Union address, Reagan articulated what became known as the “Reagan Doctrine.” He cautioned against passivity when liberty is under assault and urged that “we must not break faith with those who are risking their lives …​
with Chinese Communist aggression against Taiwan appearing ever more likely, the sooner we drive the Russian bear back into its cave to lick its wounds, the better.​
As the Republican Party takes control of the House, we should remind ourselves of what a conservative foreign policy truly looks like. It is not isolationist. It does not abandon freedom-loving peoples. It does not throw a lifeline to a drowning enemy — rather, it tosses him an anchor.​

Excellent point.

Dollars to donuts, Republicans will lose come 2024.

Wasting our money in Ukraine. All for kickbacks.

Wrong.

Putin is exclusively responsible.

No one tried to put nukes on Russias border. No one tried to stock pile weapons there before the russians ILLEGALLY invaded. Ukraine broke no treaties period

Your clais are built on proven lies
We can always count on you to spout establishment talking points. Proving once again how uninformed you are.

None of this $hit matters in the slightest.

Russia, under its present regime, is The Enemy.

She must be stopped now before she again threatens Europe.

And if that means outspending the Russians into the ground again just like Reagan did, then, so be it.

What percentage of your taxes are currently going to stuff like this now?
Way too much... we are 34 trillion in debt... start counting 24 hours a day to a trillion and if you pass that task off to your kids and grandkids it would take your great grandkids to finish counting... that's how much a trillion is... and Biden has spent 4 trillion in less than 3 years....

Way too much... we are 34 trillion in debt... start counting 24 hours a day to a trillion and if you pass that task off to your kids and grandkids it would take your great grandkids to finish counting... that's how much a trillion is... and Biden has spent 4 trillion in less than 3 years....
I need a number.

What percentage of your taxes are currently going to stuff like this now?
What difference does it make when every dime spent must be borrowed and or just printed with nothing of value backing it up....
If you wanted to ruin a nation forever you would do just what Biden has done....

Forum List

Back