GOP Senators Remove Visa Program For War Interpreters From Spending Bill

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011

Anyone who complains about Biden's catastrophic withdrawal from Afghanistan should be equally morally outraged by the Republicans' actions denying visas to Afghanis who aided our soldiers and saved their lives.

The end may be coming for a program that resettles Afghan interpreters who worked with U.S. forces during the 20-year-long war, after provisions for its extension were removed from the Senate version of the defense spending bill.

Republican lawmakers drew sharp criticism from Democrats and advocacy groups after the removal of language prolonging the Special Immigrant Visa program past 2023 from the National Defense Authorization Act text released Tuesday, a joint explanatory statement accompanying the bill said.

Currently, anyone who applies for a SIV by Dec. 31, 2023, will be considered.

“It’s tremendously disappointing that Republican obstruction prevented Congress from extending authorization of the Afghan SIV program in this bill, which is fundamental to the United States upholding its promise to our Afghan allies,” Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., said Wednesday in an email.

This is having real world consequences:

Afghan interpreter rescued by Marine officer denied visa to stay in US

I supported Biden getting us out of Afghanistan and I support this. People need to learn to stop trusting us when we declare war.

They're trying to squeeze that Journalism Competition and Preservation Act into the NDAA as well.

And I haven't seen anyone even mention it. Particularly given what is going on with legacy and social media as of late. From what I understand, The attached bill would permit legacy Media to form negotiating factions to set the table for even more favors with so-called Big Tech.

I'm not sure how I feel about that bit of attached legislation, mainly because I havenlt read through it, but these bills do need to be able to stand on their own.

Anyone who complains about Biden's catastrophic withdrawal from Afghanistan should be equally morally outraged by the Republicans' actions denying visas to Afghanis who aided our soldiers and saved their lives.

The end may be coming for a program that resettles Afghan interpreters who worked with U.S. forces during the 20-year-long war, after provisions for its extension were removed from the Senate version of the defense spending bill.

Republican lawmakers drew sharp criticism from Democrats and advocacy groups after the removal of language prolonging the Special Immigrant Visa program past 2023 from the National Defense Authorization Act text released Tuesday, a joint explanatory statement accompanying the bill said.

“It’s tremendously disappointing that Republican obstruction prevented Congress from extending authorization of the Afghan SIV program in this bill, which is fundamental to the United States upholding its promise to our Afghan allies,” Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., said Wednesday in an email.

The article in Stars and Stripes comes across as one-sided, but

that may not be the fault of the reporter.
I’m not sure what the major objection is from the legislators who oppose this part of the bill. Reading a bit between the lines suggests that there may be a concern with security.

I suppose that the discrepancy between the Senate version and the House version will be addressed in the final version.

Those who assisted us deserve our support.

The article in Stars and Stripes comes across as one-sided, but

that may not be the fault of the reporter.
I’m not sure what the major objection is from the legislators who oppose this part of the bill. Reading a bit between the lines suggests that there may be a concern with security.

I suppose that the discrepancy between the Senate version and the House version will be addressed in the final version.

Those who assisted us deserve our support.

They have and they will until 12/31/2023.
See my post #3.

I supported Biden getting us out of Afghanistan and I support this. People need to learn to stop trusting us when we declare war.
So...basically, it's Ok to issue a death sentence on the people that help you out?
Disclaimer. I know a former interpreter so I'm biased.

Sorry, I'll have to respectfully disagree with you here on supporting the interpreters.

On the withdrawal..messy but necessary. But if you are going to make the mess and recruit people who just want to see their country free of the shit that infested it...you can pony up for those people
so they don't wind up shot in the head somewhere.

So...basically, it's Ok to issue a death sentence on the people that help you out?
Disclaimer. I know a former interpreter so I'm biased.

Sorry, I'll have to respectfully disagree with you here on supporting the interpreters.

On the withdrawal..messy but necessary. But if you are going to make the mess and recruit people who just want to see their country free of the shit that infested it...you can pony up for those people
so they don't wind up shot in the head somewhere.

The SIV program received $1 billion from the Senate in 2021 as part of an emergency spending bill.

If it's that important, raise taxes to pay for it.

First, the translators who actually helped the US were probably already liquidated by Bidens Taliban Allie’s.

Second, we need to vet exactly who applies and claims eligibility. We know Biden loves Russian arms dealers and it would be fairly easy for them to apply for SIV as currently enacted

First, the translators who actually helped the US were probably already liquidated by Bidens Taliban Allie’s.

Second, we need to vet exactly who applies and claims eligibility. We know Biden loves Russian arms dealers and it would be fairly easy for them to apply for SIV as currently enacted

Turnip-head Bidenista's unable to grasp your point as they claw their way to falsely claim a higher moral ground at the expense of the rest of our Country!!

Who do you suppose they would come here to sell Russian arms to?

Enough with the fucking lies. First the commies run the senate, they have the votes to include any damn thing they want in legislation. Second the interpreter was denied the permanent visa by xidens state dept, he applied for the visa and was denied because he didn't meet the criteria previously set by congress. It had nothing to do with the current legislation, and an extension beyond 2023 wouldn't change a damn thing regarding his application. So if you're going to cry about someone that is being denied a visa, make sure it has something to do with YOUR TOPIC. Oh and stop being a shill for the commies. IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Crybaby stalking liar lies again. What a surprise. Not really.

Forum List

Back