Support for Ukraine is the Reagan Doctrine in Action

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
But so much of MAGA is nowhere anything like Reagan. To them, if our enemies, i.e. Democrats, support Ukraine, we must oppose them. Because what's most important is The 24/7 Forever Culture War. And the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Even if my enemy is my fellow Americans, and the enemy of my enemy disagrees with everything I belive.

Good thing most real conservatives recognize otherwise

In his 1985 State of the Union address, Reagan articulated what became known as the “Reagan Doctrine.” He cautioned against passivity when liberty is under assault and urged that “we must not break faith with those who are risking their lives …​
with Chinese Communist aggression against Taiwan appearing ever more likely, the sooner we drive the Russian bear back into its cave to lick its wounds, the better.​
As the Republican Party takes control of the House, we should remind ourselves of what a conservative foreign policy truly looks like. It is not isolationist. It does not abandon freedom-loving peoples. It does not throw a lifeline to a drowning enemy — rather, it tosses him an anchor.​

Are you kidding? Democrats tried to impeach Reagan over Iran Contra and the Reagan Doctrine. So far old Brandon squandered a hundred times more money and hardware on the crooked little Ukraine regime.

But so much of MAGA is nowhere anything like Reagan. To them, if our enemies, i.e. Democrats, support Ukraine, we must oppose them. Because what's most important is The 24/7 Forever Culture War. And the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Even if my enemy is my fellow Americans, and the enemy of my enemy disagrees with everything I belive.

In his 1985 State of the Union address, Reagan articulated what became known as the “Reagan Doctrine.” He cautioned against passivity when liberty is under assault and urged that “we must not break faith with those who are risking their lives …​
with Chinese Communist aggression against Taiwan appearing ever more likely, the sooner we drive the Russian bear back into its cave to lick its wounds, the better.​
As the Republican Party takes control of the House, we should remind ourselves of what a conservative foreign policy truly looks like. It is not isolationist. It does not abandon freedom-loving peoples. It does not throw a lifeline to a drowning enemy — rather, it tosses him an anchor.​

I much prefer isolationism for obvious reasons, but dummies think non-stop war is wonderful. Ignorance is bliss.

Reagan wouldn't have us 34 trillion in debt... How much debt is Ukraine worth to you?... up to 50 Trillion?.... say goodbye to new bridges and airports and roads... say goodbye to increases in anything we need from our own military to our welfare system....
Try and think just a little Toro ....

Reagan wouldn't have us 34 trillion in debt... How much debt is Ukraine worth to you?... up to 50 Trillion?.... say goodbye to new bridges and airports and roads... say goodbye to increases in anything we need from our own military to our welfare system....
Try and think just a little Toro ....

The debt exploded under Reagan.

During Reagan's presidency, the federal debt held by the public nearly tripled in nominal terms, from $738 billion to $2.1 trillion. This led to the U.S. moving from the world's largest international creditor to the world's largest debtor nation.​

But keep lying to yourself, Rubebunctious.

LOL

Are you kidding? Democrats tried to impeach Reagan over Iran Contra and the Reagan Doctrine. So far old Brandon squandered a hundred times more money and hardware on the crooked little Ukraine regime.

You missed the point entirely.
Iran Contra was illeagal for many reasons.
First all it raised money by illegally selling weapons or weapons parts to Iran, which congress had already legislated as illegal.
Then is gave funding illegally, bypassing congress, to the Contras in Nicaragua, which were essentially authoritarian death squads, in direct violation of Congressional legislation.

I do not like Biden giving money or weapons to the Ukraine because they are fascist.
But Biden violated no law in the process, since Congress did the actual allocation.

During Reagan's presidency, the federal debt held by the public nearly tripled in nominal terms, from $738 billion to $2.1 trillion. This led to the U.S. moving from the world's largest international creditor to the world's largest debtor nation.​

LOL
Has nothing to do with anything in my post....

You missed the point entirely.
Iran Contra was illeagal for many reasons.
First all it raised money by illegally selling weapons or weapons parts to Iran, which congress had already legislated as illegal.
Then is gave funding illegally, bypassing congress, to the Contras in Nicaragua, which were essentially authoritarian death squads, in direct violation of Congressional legislation.

I do not like Biden giving money or weapons to the Ukraine because they are fascist.
But Biden violated no law in the process, since Congress did the actual allocation.
Every executive order ever issued was intended to bypass congress. The biggest gun runnier in modern times was Barry Hussein along with Eric Holder who authorized the shipment of thousands of illegal weapons to Mexican drug cartels resulting in the death of at least one Border patrol Officer and perhaps hundreds of Mexican citizens. Hussein and Holder were democrats so they were protected by the media.

LOL
I will try again... how much money is Ukraine worth to you?... how much of a sacrifice are you willing to make over Ukraine?....

Oh yes it does.

You shouldn't have dropped out of grade nine.

You'd be able to understand it.
How much debt are you willing to pile onto your grandkids over Ukraine... no one seems to want to answer that...

You pro war libs had better figure out how much Ukraine is worth to you... because so far its cost the USA billions of dollars.... dollars we had to print....

lol

No, it’s still the Truman Doctrine.

Communism or fascism, it makes no difference.

Otherwise, yes – it has consistently been American Post-War policy to defend sovereign nations from lawless, unwarranted aggression – in this case Putin’s invasion of Ukraine.

The Ukraine deliberately forced this war by stealing oil from Russian pipelines, murdering 30k ethnic Russians, stockpiles US weapons, tried to put NATO nukes on Russia's border, violating treaties, deliberately cutting off negotiations

{...
On 24 February 2022, Russian president Vladimir Putin announced he was commencing a "special military operation" in eastern Ukraine.[9] Thousands of Russian troops subsequently entered Ukraine and began targeting Ukrainian military and civilian infrastructure with artillery strikes.[10] Early in the invasion, Putin rejected a provisional peace deal proposed by Dmitry Kozak, which would've ended hostilities in exchange for guarantees that Ukraine would not join NATO.[11]

During a conversation between Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy and Belarusian president Alexander Lukashenko on 27 February, it was agreed that a Ukrainian delegation would meet with Russian officials on the Belarusian border, near the Pripyat River, without preconditions.[12] It was reported that Lukashenko assured Zelenskyy that all planes, helicopters, and missiles on Belarusian territory would remain on the ground during the negotiations.[13]

By 16 March, Mykhailo Podoliak was assigned as the chief negotiator for the Ukrainian peace delegation, who indicated that peace negotiations of a 15-point plan would involve the retraction of Russian forces from their advanced positions in Ukraine, along with international guarantees for military support and alliance in case of renewed Russian military action, in return for Ukraine not pursuing further affiliation with NATO.[14]

September 2022​

In September, Reuters reported that Dmitry Kozak had an agreement with the Ukrainian side with Ukraine's declaration that it will not join NATO, which was presented as Russia's key concern. The agreement was however blocked by Putin, who "expanded his objectives to include annexing swathes of Ukrainian territory".[11][59] In the same month, Ukraine rejected a peace plan proposed by Mexico.[60]

On 21 September, Zelenskyy addressed the UN General Assembly with a pre-recorded video, laying out five "non-negotiable" conditions for a "peace formula", comprising "just punishment" of Russia for its crimes committed against Ukraine, protection of life by "all available means allowed by the UN charter", restoring security and territorial integrity, security guarantees from other countries, and determination for Ukraine to continue defending itself.[61] Speaking to Bild, Zelenskyy stated that he saw little chance of holding talks with Putin unless Russia withdrew its forces from Ukrainian territory.[62] Following Putin's announcement of Russia annexing four regions of Ukrainian territory it had seized during its invasion, Zelenskyy announced that Ukraine would not hold peace talks with Russia while Putin was president.[63]
...}

So Zelensky is the only one who is totally and completely responsible for this war.

Forum List

Back