Study: White liberals dumb themselves down when speaking to minorities

That is pretty funny. The best part is the blacks want to be patronized.

They are not even offended that universities LOWER testing standards, so that more BLACKS can be accepted for diversity.

LOL

I would have thought they would have been a bit offended by that. Nope, they celebrated.

Given the testing criteria is often racist in and of itself, not really a problem.

They kill each other at a far higher rate than any other race on race statistic. Hell, anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of history of slavery knows it was the blacks that enslaved the blacks during the Trans Sahara slave trade and then traded them to Europe.

Yeah, More Racism.... these are your buddies, Stormy Mac, the folks you think we need to have an honest discussion with.

They don't want to discuss what this story means.

They want to change the subject, and that's what they're trying to do.

Actually, it's a non-story. ALL politicians talk down to audiences, regardless of the party affiliation of the speaker or the demographics of the audience.

"Headline: Politicians Appeal to the Lowest Common Denominator going back to Greece and Rome"

And you know what, it works. The simplest narrative wins...

Democrats and liberals think all blacks are stupid because they’ve been easily swayed for years. It’s why they get pissed whenever a black person votes republican.

Naw, we just feel sad that some black person is full of that much self-loathing... but not terribly surprised...

Here's the thing. Most politicians think their voters are stupid. Think Trump saying "I can shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue". And they are mostly right.

The candidate with the simplest message is usually the one who wins.

"Are you better off than you were four years ago"- Reagan
"Read my Lips, no New taxes" - Bush
"It's the Economy, Stupid" - Clinton
"Return Honor to the White House" - Bush-43
"Hope"- Obama
"Mexicans are rapists" - Trump

I promise you, you can come up with an intellectual counter to all of those touchy-feely messages. But usually you end up just flailing.

60 years of television have given us a 30 Second Attention span, whether it's selling us soap, or listening to a political message.

Well, when you have baristas with $150,000 in student loans for their Masters Degree in LGBTQ studies, how is that good for anyone?

Wouldn't know. I've never met that person.

Now, for those playing along at home, I have a quite successful resume business... So I deal with new college grads all the time.

Never met one yet who majored in "LGBTQ" Studies. I think the closest I had was a guy who minored in black studies and majored in business administration, and we both agreed, we should probably leave his minor off his resume because it provided no value in landing a job.

The obscene part of that is that these kids are left with a lot of debt, but that's because government stopped funding the colleges directly. So the Bachelor's degree at UIC that cost me $1500 a year in 1985 costs $17,000 a year now.

Democrats in particular think that people are too stupid to make it on their own and that it is their duty as intellectual superiors to tell everyone else how they should live

Says the people who want to force women to carry unwanted pregnancies to term.

FYI I am not antiabortion. I am not against gay marriage. I am not against legalizing pot or any drug.

I'll step back so as not to get the shit that fills your pointy little head all over my shoes when this happens

iu

FYI I am not antiabortion. I am not against gay marriage. I am not against legalizing pot or any drug.

I'll step back so as not to get the shit that fills your pointy little head all over my shoes when this happens

Again, guy, you LIbertarians don't really count for that much... The Conservative MOVEMENT wants to ban those things... What you want... meh, it really doesn't matter because you guys are anarchist children being played by the rich.

Again, guy, you LIbertarians don't really count for that much... The Conservative MOVEMENT wants to ban those things... What you want... meh, it really doesn't matter because you guys are anarchist children being played by the rich.
Again, Dory I am not a libertarian

They don't want to discuss what this story means.

They want to change the subject, and that's what they're trying to do.

Actually, it's a non-story. ALL politicians talk down to audiences, regardless of the party affiliation of the speaker or the demographics of the audience.

"Headline: Politicians Appeal to the Lowest Common Denominator going back to Greece and Rome"

And you know what, it works. The simplest narrative wins...

I would dispute that the Trumpy "talks down" to anyone; he is just the ignorant and vulgar dolt his speech indicates he is. Moreover, I doubt the "simplest narrative" wins; rather, it's the one that best captures one or two of the major prevalent sentiments of the times. But then...

... it may well be all true, but the study was about normal people, socializing. What I didn't expect (and probably should have) was that the "study" and the ensuing "debate" about it, emerged as one of the most efficient Rorschach tests I have seen in a long time, with posters reading into it whatever they wanted, and have thought all along. That's because the study apparently tripped over a host of societal fault lines, and the vigorously denied and, at the same time, strongly held supremacy-inferiority sentiments that go with them.

Of course, based on highly preliminary evidence and mere speculation about motives, as the authors stressed, wild generalizations ensued, up to and including wildly off the mark conclusions about liberal politics, and education policies particular.

Amazing.

I know what I am but you can't understand that there are more than 2 dimensions so you wouldn't get it anyway

I know what you are, too... a malignant narcissist.

But that's kind of hard to define as a political philosophy.

Yes I mind my own business and let other people live their lives as they choose. You want to tell everyone how they should live.

And I'm a narcissist so what does that make you?

A fascist pig of a megalomaniac?

... it may well be all true, but the study was about normal people, socializing. What I didn't expect (and probably should have) was that the "study" and the ensuing "debate" about it, emerged as one of the most efficient Rorschach tests I have seen in a long time, with posters reading into it whatever they wanted, and have thought all along. That's because the study apparently tripped over a host of societal fault lines, and the vigorously denied and, at the same time, strongly held supremacy-inferiority sentiments that go with them.

I think the reason why most progressive reject this kind of shit is that it falls into the same old boring "You Chickens need to vote for Colonel Sanders because at least he's upfront with you" mentality of the GOP.

Other than that, it was a lot of crap. Most of us talk down to people when we think we are right or we are in a position to do so.. The whole "mansplaining" debate has been part of it.
"How dare you talk down to me because I'm a woman!"
"Um, because I know a lot more about the subject matter than you do, apparently."

Of course, based on highly preliminary evidence and mere speculation about motives, as the authors stressed, wild generalizations ensued, up to and including wildly off the mark conclusions about liberal politics, and education policies particular.

Or not. Frankly, my explanation is best...
Lowest common denominator.

A task force only moves as quickly as the slowest ship.
A political movement only moves as fast as it's dumbest member.

Are you going to talk differently to a floor full of factory workers than a room full of Ph.D.'s in economics? Um. Yeah.

Yes I mind my own business and let other people live their lives as they choose. You want to tell everyone how they should live.

Someone who understands a civilized society needs rules and regulations.

Me, I like breathing clean air, I like drinking clean water. I like knowing that some crazy person isn't going to shoot up my workplace tomorrow.

Now, in your weird little world, "Freedom" usually means those with money abusing those without it... because they can.

Mine puts everyone on a more equal footing.

Someone who understands a civilized society needs rules and regulations.

Me, I like breathing clean air, I like drinking clean water. I like knowing that some crazy person isn't going to shoot up my workplace tomorrow.

Now, in your weird little world, "Freedom" usually means those with money abusing those without it... because they can.

Mine puts everyone on a more equal footing.

No freedom means being able to live your life the way you want with the only restriction being you do not in any way violate the rights of others.

You don't want that.

You want to tell everyone what they "need" what the "should" do etc becuase you think you're the best person to make those decisions

That , Corky, is narcissism

Forum List

Back