Stop telling us to buy electric!

Not like today. Besides, electronics in cars is not an argument for or against gas or EVs as EV cars if anything have even more electronics! I suggest you go to your local car dealer and ask them about that.
Gee, the word electronics stsrts with ā€œ electr....ā€ wonder if electricity is involved.
Go ahead. Talk to any car dealer. They are shaking in their boots trying to determine how long they will stay in business and what and when their their business will transition to a box store over the next 50 years. There used to be appliance stores everywhere....they are mostly gone, replaced by box stores and a amazon. A car is an appliance. Deal with it.

Maybe you didnā€™t know the human body totally functions on electricity...guess you didnā€™t.

Take away the weak and specious "climate benefit" argument and there is hardly NOTHING advantageous about EV cars and nothing but disadvantages making them make no sense at all.
Thatā€™s wrong....weā€™ve been electrifying cars long before anyone had demonstrated climate change...like 30 years ago. You fools have gone backwards. The argument with conservatives used to be how to address it with a carbon tax or not. Then you fools just decided to put your heads in the sand and pretend it didnā€™t exist......the gop is a bastion of stupidity and denialism.

Moron, variable valves don't need power, and electric fuel pumps are an OPTION, computers, et al are an OPTION. The only "power" a gas engine really needs is the electric spark to ignite the fuel (and not even that if diesel) and that can be generated mechanically, not that this changes anything and is besides the point. You just refuse to get it through that fathead of yours that gas engines consume a tiny amount of electric energy to run whereas EV cars consume MASSIVE amounts of electric power!
This is as delusional as climate change denial.
Who does your car maintenance, a 12 year old. Every licensed for the road gasoline motor vehicle has a computer, standard. They ALL have standard electric fuel pump pumps. There maybe some esoteric exceptions somewhere, but you wonā€™t be buying it.
40% of the cost of a car is in the electronics. The reason you need so much, is the ICE engine.
With an EV, you actually need FEWER electronic devices devoted to the ā€œmotorā€ / ā€œtransmissionā€.
An EV actually simplifies the electronics used for that purpose.

You're the one stupid enough to buy it then, dummfuk. My "new" car is a lot older than that! I don't drive crap like that. Still don't see what any of this proves about the failings of EV cars, though, shithead! Oh yeah, it doesn't prove a thing, must be why you keep trying to deflect to the "weight" of an electron.
Ha ha
Youā€˜re the one who claimed it took massive amounts of electricity to run an EV. Thatā€™s hilarious.

Donā€™t be an idiot.
Don't worry, I'm not you.

The computer controlled transmission, brake system and engine management systems stated in the 1980 s and have never changed back. No cars in the last 30 years can run at all without electricity let alone brake, traction and shift gears without it.
SO WHAT? Who the fuck cares? Drive what you want to drive, moron. I can only tell you my truck has no computer controlling the tranny, no computer controlling the brakes, and the only engine management system is the board controlling the electric ignition. Now take that fact and so soak your head.

Funny, I don't see no electric cord connected to mine! Once started, they generate what little they need themselves! And what does that prove, moron?
It PROVES you canā€™t run a car without it. The sheer fact it needs to use fossil fuel to generate electricity is a concession that you need it. Look foolish, your car canā€™t run without itā€¦ā€¦it canā€™t even get inspected with the electronics all functioning. Try checking your codes next time and see how much electricity plays a part in every fossil fuel carā€¦..oh you donā€™t have a scan tool. Ooops.

Oh, itā€™s ignorance of climate change
You can't be ignorant of what doesn't exist.

Even if CC were NOT an issue, weā€™d be moving towards electric cars.
Wanna bet? Take away all government incentives and market pressures, put all the facts out there for they buyers and let the MARKET FORCES DECIDE.

EVs lose in a landslide once they understand what they are buying.

EVs have never been more than a few percent of the market even WITH all of the pressures and incentives! Derp!

Gee, the word electronics stsrts with ā€œ electr....ā€ wonder if electricity is involved.
Idiot jackass, electronics is the STUDY of electricity.

Go ahead. Talk to any car dealer.
You mean the guy that WANTS to sell me an EV? What are you, some complete jackass?

They are shaking in their boots trying to determine how long they will stay in business
They have Joe Biden as a president.

Deal with it.
You can't deal with being a flaming butthole.

Maybe you didnā€™t know the human body totally functions on electricity.
Hey jackass, how many electrons in a coulomb? What is a coulomb? What was it named after? How does it relate to a joule?

Yeah, I thought so. Total bonehead.

This is as delusional as climate change denial.
If CC is so obvious and certain, why can't you prove it, bonehead?

40% of the cost of a car is in the electronics. The reason you need so much, is the ICE engine.
Really? Then how did they make gas engines with no electronics in them, motor mouth? And what difference did you say it made? I'm still driving a gas car, always have, always will.

Youā€˜re the one who claimed it took massive amounts of electricity to run an EV. Thatā€™s hilarious.

Clueless dolt.
Guess that's why they tell EV drivers to turn off all accessories in a cold snowstorm.

Regular car battery = about 48 amp/hours.
Average EV battery = up to 100,000 amp/hours, about TWO-THOUSAND TIMES AS MUCH.

Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 8.27.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 8.28.06 AM.png

Car battery = $100, install it yourself.
EV battery = $25,000 up, installed at garage.

Asshole.

Clueless dolt.
Guess that's why they tell EV drivers to turn off all accessories in a cold snowstorm.

Regular car battery = about 48 amp/hours.
Average EV battery = up to 100,000 amp/hours, about TWO-THOUSAND TIMES AS MUCH.

View attachment 752471View attachment 752472

Car battery = $100, install it yourself.
EV battery = $25,000 up, installed at garage.

Asshole.
The fossil fuel car is TOTALLY DEPENDENT UPON ELECTRICITY. THAT YOU'RE lowering yourself NOW DEBATING ā€œhow muchā€ is hilarious.

Every time you post, you sound more ignorant and less aware of what electricity is. I was right. You Dick heads donā€™t have clue what youā€™re talking about. The human body is totally dependent upon electricity stupid. Itā€™s voltage is measured in millivoltsā€¦.E per cell of 70 MV or .07 V
but the total number of volts is ā€œ50 trillion cells X .07volts = 3.5 trillion volts.ā€
The human body is a fking battery.

So you trying to minimize the electric current in a car by its voltage is asinine. What dildo you are.
EV battery is $25,000 ????
Are you that stupid ? First you claimed you didnā€™t need electricity to run a gas powered carā€¦ā€¦ha ha

What an effin liar.

Last edited:
Only thing you are proving is what a total a-hole you are.
You are getting desperate. Now youā€™re totally down to name calling. At least when I call you a dooofus, we follow up with some of your made up shit.

Care to compare costs of fuel vs electricity for going 300 miles ?

Only thing you are proving is what a total a-hole you are.
How stupid are YOU ? Not only canā€™t you drive a car without electricity, you canā€™t even make the gasoline without electricity. You donā€™t even know that it requires ELECTRICITY to make gasoline.

AAMOF, "It takes more electricity (used to make the gasoline) to drive the average gasoline car 100 miles, than it does to drive an electric car 100 miles."
But no, you want to buy gasoline on top of that.
What a dufus.

You can't be ignorant of what doesn't exist.

Wanna bet? Take away all government incentives and market pressures, put all the facts out there for they buyers and let the MARKET FORCES DECIDE.

EVs lose in a landslide once they understand what they are buying.

EVs have never been more than a few percent of the market even WITH all of the pressures and incentives! Derp!
You are dumb. Market forces dictated that we propel all diesel electric rail, subways and WASHING MACHINES with electricity. Care to guess how many appiences in your house are driven by market forces driving the use of electricity.
Youre such a dumbbell.

Govt incentives ? Really ? Care to compare the govt incentives going into the fossil fuel industry compared to the EVs.

Last edited:
The fossil fuel car is TOTALLY DEPENDENT UPON ELECTRICITY. THAT YOU'RE lowering yourself NOW DEBATING ā€œhow muchā€ is hilarious.
Hey Morosa, NOBODY FUCKING CARES. Nobody is arguing anything. What electric power a gas car uses is IMMATERIAL. GO SOAK YOUR FUCKING HEAD YOU LOSER. I'M NOT BUYING A FUCKING EV car, and just because my car uses a tiny amount of electricity to start the motor DOES NOT MEAN I DRIVE AN ELECTRIC CAR YOU ASSHOLE!

3.5 trillion volts.ā€ The human body is a fking battery.
YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT. DROP DEAD you idiot!

EV battery is $25,000 ???? Are you that stupid ?
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 10.40.25 AM.png

Asshole.

You are dumb. Market forces dictated that we propel all diesel electric rail, subways and WASHING MACHINES with electricity.
Hey asshole, TECHNOLOGY dictates that we operate this electric stuff with electricity not "market forces," and there is a big difference between a washing machine spinning a drum and moving a 9000 pound EV car up a hill accelerating with batteries. And Diesel locomotioves have a BIG DIESEL GENERATOR to create the electricity to power its drive wheels! :auiqs.jpg: Whaddan asshole.

Care to guess how many appiences in your house are driven by market forces driving the use of electricity.
All of the ELECTRIC ones use ELECTRICITY, dummfuk. Still has nothing to do with this thread. Take your EV car, turn it sideways with its $25,000 battery and shove it up your ass!

Care to compare the govt incentives going into the fossil fuel industry compared to the EVs.
Yeah I would. Why don't you list them, moron.

Hey asshole, TECHNOLOGY dictates that we operate this electric stuff with electricity not "market forces," and there is a big difference between a washing machine spinning a drum and moving a 9000 pound EV car up a hill accelerating with batteries. And Diesel locomotioves have a BIG DIESEL GENERATOR to create the electricity to power its drive wheels! :auiqs.jpg: Whaddan asshole.

All of the ELECTRIC ones use ELECTRICITY, dummfuk. Still has nothing to do with this thread. Take your EV car, turn it sideways with its $25,000 battery and shove it up your ass!
I canā€™t tell if this comment is out of ignorance or dishonesty.
A replacement engine for a Ferrari costs $25k too.
You want to buy one of those ? Youā€™re welcome to.
A Chevy Bolt which cost $27 new before rebate, is $1700. Do you foolishly buy your batteries form the dealer ? Another foolish uniformed statement.
Sure. Letā€™s look at the subsidies paid by the govt for decades to oil compared to the tax rebates for EVs. Teslar received 2 billion TOTALā€¦ā€¦the combined subsidies of the fossil fuel industry, is 20 billion per year and world wide, the entire output was 5.7 TRILLION in 2020.

Itā€™s not even close. Fossil fuel industry gets 10 times as much as the gov aid to EVs.

BTW ignoramus, The govt gave GM and Chrysler billions more in the last bail out during the Bush led recession long before they were selling EVs Ford still owes 6.7 billion with no plan to pay it back.

Is it stupidity or dishonesty on your part ?

Wow...................in post 176 you said this....................

Hey Morosa, NOBODY FUCKING CARES. Nobody is arguing anything. What electric power a gas car uses is IMMATERIAL. GO SOAK YOUR FUCKING HEAD YOU LOSER. I'M NOT BUYING A FUCKING EV car, and just because my car uses a tiny amount of electricity to start the motor DOES NOT MEAN I DRIVE AN ELECTRIC CAR YOU ASSHOLE!

YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT. DROP DEAD you idiot!

View attachment 752490

Asshole.

Then in post 177, you said this....................

The link you posted in 176 clearly stated that EV batteries are between 2,500 and 50,000 to replace (depending on the auto model and the capacity), so why do you stick to the 25,000 figure for car batteries? And, because of the advances in technology, the cost of battery replacement for vehicles is steadily dropping. Yes, several years ago, the price MIGHT have been 25,000, but today, it's at a top end of 20,000, with many being replaced for free if they are still under warranty.

How Much Does an EV Battery Cost to Replace?​

Replacement ranges from $0 to $20,000 based on dozens of factors. If a battery is within its manufacturer warranty, typically 8 years and 100,000 miles, then you should get a replacement battery at no extra cost. But what if it is out of warranty?

Battery replacements are still rare so up-to-date data on costs can be difficult to find. As battery prices continue to decline, the price you would pay today is different than the price you would pay next year or in 5 years. in 2019, the Mack Institute for Innovation Management at the Wharton School for Business aggregated data found across academia, news, search engines, experts within the industry, and public statements by manufacturers.

They found a 16% decline in battery pack cost between 2007 and 2019. The authors estimated in 2019 that the average cost of battery packs was $161/kWh. With that estimate, in 2019, the cost of an out-of-warranty 100 kWh battery, as is common in Tesla long range vehicles, would be at least $16,100 before labor, taxes, etc. If the trend in battery price reduction stays constant, then by 2025 the price in 2019$ should be ~$56/kWh, or $5,600 to replace a 100 kWh battery. Thatā€™s a big change in overall cost.

Might wanna quit using outdated information.

As far as the weight of a vehicle? Yes, electric cars weigh more than ICE vehicles, but they aren't at the 9,000 lb point that you are claiming. And, depending on the vehicle, there are ICE vehicles out there that can weigh significantly more than average vehicles as well.

Electric sedan weights generally range from one of the lightest, the BMW i3, which weighs around 2,961 pounds to one of the heaviest, the Mercedes-Benz EQS, weighing in at 5,888 pounds.

The extra weight of an electric vehicle comes from the battery pack, which generally weighs more than 1,000 pounds. Manufacturers such as Tesla try to keep the total weight of the vehicle down by using lightweight aluminum bodies.

Vehicle manufactures have already figured in the weight of the vehicles battery (around 1,000 lbs), and have used lightweight materials in other places to help compensate.

What are you doing, looking at the absolute heaviest and most expensive things out there and using it for your figures? Not very honest, you should use the AVERAGE weights and costs, as well as the current things since advances are continually being made.

And.............if you don't want an EV, don't buy one. Nobody is forcing you to do so, and nobody will for a very long time. But, realize that as the tech gets better and better, and the cost keeps dropping lower and lower, eventually cars will become mostly EV's. Do you still drive around in a 1950's car? No? Why not? Hint: It's because the newer ones have better features and are safer, which is a significant factor in what figures into a person buying a new car.

A replacement engine for a Ferrari costs $25k too.
It's a race engine you idiot. And they don't go bad every ten years!

Another foolish uniformed statement.
You are full of them.

Sure. Letā€™s look at the subsidies paid by the govt for decades to oil compared to the tax rebates for EVs.
The government is rolling out the red carpet for EVs while trying to put fossil fuel out of business.

Forum List

Back