Stop telling us to buy electric!

What is a denier to you, jackass? Anyone who disagrees with YOUR views.

So anyone who would rather not own an EV just thinks electricity is magic? I'd bet that I know 10,000X more about electricity and electrons that you, Morosa! Aside from being an EE, I've studied the electron down to its quantum state as a statistical package of quarks defining the characteristics of each element! Love to talk electricity with you, you condescending jackass and show you just how much you don't know about everything from the Michelson-Morley experiments to quantum chromodynamics. Let's rock.
You’ve said nothing that makes anyone believe you’re not FOS. you may have studied shit, but you’re not practicing it. Wow, you did a little copy and paste.
If you knew anything about electricity you’d know it has no rival in fungibility in converting a host of energy sources into mechanical energy and that nothing else in fossil can do as efficiently and cheaply. Nothing can match the performance of electrically induced magnetism used in electric motors in converting electricity to mechanical energy.
Tell us genius what can. In the mean time, remember the conversation when you willing park your ass behind the wheel of your EV….It’s going to happen.
ICE cars depend on it only as far as taking a switched 12VDC supply coming off the starter battery through a distribution system and using the collapse of the charge through a step up transformer to spark the fuel mixture to synchronize the combustion, a self-supplying, self-sustaining process once begun. A far cry from needing to carry a battery half the size and weight of the car that can take up to 5 days to fully charge that has lost 25-30% of ts capacity within 5-7 years!
ha ha
hilarious. Wow, you acknowledge then I’m absolutely right, that practically no system in a fossil fuel car can function with out electricity, but base your disagreement on voltage. Wow.
AVAILABLE Energy density in storage is the only thing keeping from fossil fuel cars from being obsolete TOMORROW everywhere.
The ONLY thing keeping fossil fuel cars and trucks from being replaced at a more rapid rate, is control of obsolescence. The debate should be how we make the transition rate in an acceptable rate, not whether we do it all. So stop throwing shit agaisnt the wall.
Then, others like you never learn.
You‘re all over the place. The EV will replace fossil fuel cars like they replaced the horse and buggy. You will never learn.

Last edited:
Nope, I practically have few views that I didn’t look up one a credible resource. . But one view is refuted by deniers is based on an illusion. The idea that a few deniers know what they are talking about with no credibility and is anti science practiced by every nation in the world, every related research facility and every religion and accredited educational institute, makes me ask, ‘when was the last time aliens molested a deniers brain .”

Wouldn't the deniers need to have a brain in the first place to have it molested by aliens?

using the collapse of the charge through a step up transformer to spark the fuel mixture to synchronize the combustion, a self-supplying, self-sustaining process once begun.
One comment…..as far as the more modern in the last 15 years, no they are not. Todays gasoline engines have variable valve timing and other systems ( electric fuel pumps) totally dependent upon computer control ( the last time I looked they used electricity) and electrically operated solenoids. Otherwise, they stop.

Only old diesel powered tractors and the like…..can do that.

Last edited:
One comment…..

Moron, variable valves don't need power, and electric fuel pumps are an OPTION, computers, et al are an OPTION. The only "power" a gas engine really needs is the electric spark to ignite the fuel (and not even that if diesel) and that can be generated mechanically, not that this changes anything and is besides the point. You just refuse to get it through that fathead of yours that gas engines consume a tiny amount of electric energy to run whereas EV cars consume MASSIVE amounts of electric power!

Moron, variable valves don't need power, and electric fuel pumps are an OPTION, computers, et al are an OPTION. The only "power" a gas engine really needs is the electric spark to ignite the fuel (and not even that if diesel) and that can be generated mechanically, not that this changes anything and is besides the point. You just refuse to get it through that fathead of yours that gas engines consume a tiny amount of electric energy to run whereas EV cars consume MASSIVE amounts of electric power!

Well..................did you figure into your equation how much electricity is required to get that gallon of gasoline into your car along with the energy required to run it? Apparently not............

There is no exact calculation for how much electricity it takes to drill, transport and refine a gallon of gasoline, but the accepted amount is around 8 kWh. So, for 8 kWh, you can go around 22 miles ( using the U.S. average; we know you can go over twice that if you drive a Toyota Prius). That means that a gasoline car uses just under 40 kWh to go 100 miles. An EV, on the other hand, uses around 30 kWh to go 100 miles (given 3.3 miles per kWh, which is on the low side for some cars). Even if the exact numbers need to be shifted a bit one way or the other, we're just comparing electricity use here – not the petroleum that needs to be factored in for the ICE vehicle. So, if we were able to magically use all the electricity that is currently spent to give us gas and shove it into automotive battery packs instead, we'd use less energy and no gasoline. So much for the long tailpipe argument. Nissan sometimes uses this argument when advertising the Leaf, but it's not a commonly used statistic. We wonder why.

By the way y'all...................gas engines aren't nearly as efficient as some on this thread seem to think....................

energy_reqs_comb_gas_121621.png

There is no exact calculation for how much electricity it takes to drill, transport and refine a gallon of gasoline, but the accepted amount is around 8 kWh. So, for 8 kWh, you can go around 22 miles ( using the U.S. average; we know you can go over twice that if you drive a Toyota Prius). That means that a gasoline car uses just under 40 kWh to go 100 miles. An EV, on the other hand, uses around 30 kWh to go 100 miles (given 3.3 miles per kWh, which is on the low side for some cars). Even if the exact numbers need to be shifted a bit one way or the other, we're just comparing electricity use here – not the petroleum that needs to be factored in for the ICE vehicle. So, if we were able to magically use all the electricity that is currently spent to give us gas and shove it into automotive battery packs instead, we'd use less energy and no gasoline. So much for the long tailpipe argument. Nissan sometimes uses this argument when advertising the Leaf, but it's not a commonly used statistic. We wonder why.

intears.gif
Boy, there is no limit to the bloviating bullshit you idiots will go to to try to justify EV over ICE! :auiqs.jpg: Meantime, none of this matters nor changes a thing that EV cars are FAR more expensive to buy, FAR more expensive to maintain over the years, FAR more expensive to bring home and operate, FAR more limited in range, FAR more limited in convenience, FAR more potentially dangerous to have around, and FAR less reliable and versatile in adverse, harsh and demanding conditions when you need reliability the most!!! :laughing0301:

The “amount of electricity “:is immaterial. Now you admit that your remarks are wrong. Fossil fuel cars are TOTALLY dependent upon electricity even to continue running. The idea they can keep running on their own is only a temporary illusion when by your own admittance, you need a spark to ignite every power stroke.
Everytime we introduce electricity into a modern car, it tend s to get more efficient. You’re even wrong about the modern diesel too. Even transmissions, braking, steering and everyother ancillary control is enhanced by electricity.

This is the funniest idea. “Massive amounts” of electricity ? You seem to be losing any legitimate claim to your understanding “energy”:let alone electricity,

. Tell me. How much difference in car weight is there when a battery is fully charged vs when it’s not. “tell us how much more “massIve”/ mass the electricity has. What adds the weight, is the storage medium, not the electricity and that mass has very little change.

The easiest way to identify a moron, is by how many times he uses it on someone else whose making him look foolish.

Last edited:
Let’s compare those “ massive amounts “ of electricity.

“According to FuelEconomy.gov, EVs use anywhere from 59% to 62% of the electricity from the grid to power the vehicle, while conventional gasoline vehicles can only convert 17% to 21% of the energy from gasoline to power the vehicle.”

So a fossil fuel car needs nearly three times as much energy from gasoline as an EV needs from the stored electricity.
Btw, do you really know how little mass electrons have compared to gasoline? Which is more “ massive”, electricity or 20 gallons of gasoline. You’re confused as soon as you introduced mass when comparing stored electricity with stored gasoline.

Fossil fuel cars are TOTALLY dependent upon electricity even to continue running.
Funny, I don't see no electric cord connected to mine! Once started, they generate what little they need themselves! And what does that prove, moron?

Even transmissions, braking, steering and everyother ancillary control is enhanced by electricity.
Hey asshole, there is no electric used on any transmission, brake, or steering in any car I own. And it still proves nothing why going to an EV is better.

This is the funniest idea. “Massive amounts” of electricity ? You seem to be losing any legitimate claim to your understanding “energy”:let alone electricity,
Sure buttercup, you don't think that Tesla S doesn't need a massive current dump in order to accelerate to 90 mph? You are a fucking asshole.

Tell me. How much difference in car weight is there when a battery is fully charged vs when it’s not.
Tell me what that proves? Meantime, it takes that 1000 pound battery to hold less energy than an 80 pound tank of gasoline.

“tell us how much more “massIve”/ mass the electricity has.
The same as your fat head.

What adds the weight, is the storage medium, not the electricity
Just 1000 pounds of lead, cadmium, electrolyte and other materials.

The easiest way to identify a moron, is by how many times he uses it on someone else whose making him look foolish.

BlueHand.jpg
ROFL.gif
george-of-the-jungle.gif

Funny, I don't see no electric cord connected to mine! Once started, they generate what little they need themselves! And what does that prove, moron?
So much for you being very knowledgeable about electricity let alone auto mechanics. My fifteen year old truck shift lever doesn’t even link to the transmission mechanically anymore. . It’s a “black box” that “signals“ the solenoids vis a computer that makes the DECSION when to shift, change gears or even activate the transfer case at the most appropriate time.around shifting when activating the 4 wheel drive. , this was old 15 years ago.
The engine ignition timing, valve timing and is all computer controlled. The last time I had a car with mechanical fuel injection, was 1971. Wtf have you been ?
Hey asshole, there is no electric used on any transmission, brake, or steering in any car I own. And it still proves nothing why going to an EV is better.

you’re silly. Abs, traction control and shifting is all computer assisted and activated by electronic solenoids. Doooofus, EVs don’t need transmissions as we know them, less aid in braking. .
Sure buttercup, you don't think that Tesla S doesn't need a massive current dump in order to accelerate to 90 mph? You are a fucking asshole.

You’re an idiot about electricity aren’t you ? You need far less electricity then gasoline ,to accelerated to 90 mph in any compatible time when comparing the energy content of each using BTU or KWh
. There is NO MASS in electricity that makes it worth measuring.

Tell me what that proves? Meantime, it takes that 1000 pound battery to hold less energy than an 80 pound tank of gasoline.

The same as your fat head
Wrong, the 1000 lb battery is already due for replacement by a 150 lb “battery”
. It’s called storage density. Before you,deny it dufus, the lithium battery we use now cut the lead acid battery weight by 1/4 already . It’s just weight and it came down.

Wow, you can Google, not enough, but you got a few things…..not quite so foolish.
We have had solid state batteries for decades and they are due to be use in two years in test vehicles. 1000 lBS will become 150 lBS but the elections are still….nearly weightless. So much for massive.

The same as your fat head.

View attachment 752329View attachment 752328 View attachment 752330

My fifteen year old truck shift lever doesn’t even link to the transmission mechanically anymore.

You're the one stupid enough to buy it then, dummfuk. My "new" car is a lot older than that! I don't drive crap like that. Still don't see what any of this proves about the failings of EV cars, though, shithead! Oh yeah, it doesn't prove a thing, must be why you keep trying to deflect to the "weight" of an electron.

You're the one stupid enough to buy it then, dummfuk. My "new" car is a lot older than that! I don't drive crap like that. Still don't see what any of this proves about the failings of EV cars, though, shithead! Oh yeah, it doesn't prove a thing, must be why you keep trying to deflect to the "weight" of an electron.

Looks like someone was triggered....................

BTW toobfreak, what kind of car do you drive exactly? Because anything that was made in the mid 80's or later has a great deal of electronic controls to make it operate.

Here's an idea................if the battery in your car is there simply to ignite the fuel for starting, try starting your car, disconnecting the battery after the engine is running, and see how long it keeps running.

anything that was made in the mid 80's or later has a great deal of electronic controls to make it operate.
Not like today. Besides, electronics in cars is not an argument for or against gas or EVs as EV cars if anything have even more electronics! I suggest you go to your local car dealer and ask them about that.

try starting your car, disconnecting the battery after the engine is running, and see how long it keeps running.
That wouldn't work without mods because as supplied, the car is designed to drain its DC rails from the BATTERY as a storage and capacity medium while the alternator supplies a current to continuously keep charging the battery to extend its life, still, totally immaterial to whether buying an ICE car or an EV. Electricity serves mainly a support position in a regular car for headlights, accessories, starting, etc., whereas an EV car is flat out dead without a thousand pounds of special high density, high capacity, high current batteries without which the car can't do anything.

And no one is talking of the other, REAL liabilities of EVs: they weigh so much more, that is thousands of pounds of dead weight you must first expend energy to get moving, then have to stop moving. More wear on the brakes. And if you hit another car, all that weight means longer stopping distance, less safety, and more impact and harm to the people you hit. Then there is the added wear and tear on the highways of carrying that added load and the environmental impact of having to rebuild and resurface all those highways and streets much sooner. Not to mention worse performance in the rain and snow when trying to move or change direction or momentum carrying all that weight.

Take away the weak and specious "climate benefit" argument and there is hardly NOTHING advantageous about EV cars and nothing but disadvantages making them make no sense at all.

Don’t be an idiot. The computer controlled transmission, brake system and engine management systems stated in the 1980 s and have never changed back. No cars in the last 30 years can run at all without electricity let alone brake, traction and shift gears without it. The idea that ONLY the propulsion motor is different on an EV is why car makers can design and have them on the market in practically no time ar all because it’s a matter of eliminating needless redundancy. It’s same as we eliminated the horse and buggy .So you’re an expert on electricity ? Try working on any on any car without electricity....you’re funny.

Last edited:
Take away the weak and specious "climate benefit" argument and there is hardly NOTHING advantageous about EV cars and nothing but disadvantages making them make
Oh, it’s ignorance of climate change that is the foundation for EV denial. Thought so.
Even if CC were NOT an issue, we’d be moving towards electric cars. We were electrifying cars and appliances in the last 100 years. You’re funny.

Forum List

Back