Stimulus Checks 2? Or "Go Forth and DIE!"

Its time to get back to work. The virus is waning if we can keep it going down.
The summer heat is almost here. Lets hope the virus keeps slowing, and slowing, and slowing....
View attachment 336171

From what I have been seeing on the news, many states are reopening even though the cases of coronavirus is still increasing. Also, how many instances of coronavirus in this country did it take to get the whole ball rolling to begin with. 2 or 3?

Then why isn't the pandemic still going out of control in the NYC area?
Its going down, with 1,417,350 US cases, how can it go down with so many active cases, not just 1 or 2?

Because of quarantine. With the 2 or 3 who got the whole plague rolling here, there was no quarantine.

Yes there most certainly was a quarantine here, for travelers from China, but not from Europe?!
Quarantine? Not all of the 1.4m are quarantined, so why isn't the pandemic still going out of control in the NYC area?
You did not answer this question: What's a worse condition, 1.4m cases or a few?
We have the 1.4m now and the number of cases is going down, why? How can that be?

President Chump just didn't handle things well. And he still isn't.

Really? So what should he have done? I'll show you why he couldn't or didn't.

Well, president Chump could have started out by not calling the coronavirus a hoax at the beginning.

He didn't call it a hoax, he called what Democrats were trying to do with it another one of their hoaxes. Of course this was before we had any idea how this thing would impact us. But lets say he never made that statement. How would that have changed our current plight?

He called it a hoax. Next, it would have changed our current plight by taking it seriously from the beginning. And there would be over 30,000 fewer dead people.

President Trump is a former businessman, not a former scientist or medical expert. He took the advice from our various health agencies and his medical team to make decisions. Even in late February, Dr. Fauci made a public statement that this virus was nothing of great concern; go out and live life as you always have, and there is no need to use gloves or masks.

When the WHO made a public statement about their concern of this virus in late January, President Trump took action the next day. No, he didn't shutdown the country, but he did take a few precautionary measures, and increased those measures as new information because available, and his team and agencies were able to form a better opinion.

Today the CDC made an announcement that 35% of the Covid cases were with asymptomatic people. That means this virus likely has been with us much longer than we thought. Asymptomatic people have the virus and don't become ill because of it. However they are just as contagious as those that did get ill. That means these people were hugging their friends and family, shaking hands with strangers, drinking at bars and eating at restaurants, squeezing fruit and vegetables at their grocery store.

As for the non-asymptomatic people, the symptoms are similar to a bad cold or early flu, which a lot of people never seek medical attention for.

Therefore your theory about saving 30,000 people is your opinion, not fact.

Saving over 30,000 people with earlier action is what they said on the news last night. But admittedly, you can't always believe the news. For example, they say that Armaud Arbery was murdered. Though like it or not, president Chump started out by calling the whole thing a hoax. And it seems every step of the way, he has been dragging his feet. As for his "experts," they are on his payroll. They will basically say what they're told to say. Including the CDC. Don't believe it? Watch the documentary, "What lies upstream."

Your documentaries are not Gospel. They are trying to get you to watch their programming for profit.

Yes, if we started in September of last year, we could have saved tens of thousands of lives, but who knew what could happen back then? Trump didn't drag his feet. Our agencies are mired in red tape, and they practice these unnecessary prolonged actions that the President is not in control of.

In late February of this year, Cuomo was urging people to not worry about this silly virus. Go out, shop, dine, and carry on with your normal life. DeBlazio sent the same message to NYC residents around that same time. Piglosi was telling people to visit Chinatown. NOBODY KNEW!!!! The first two weeks of March, the House Democrats were trying to pass a bill stripping the President of his exclusive right to issue travel bans.

Bottom line is armchair quarterbacks like yourself can make any claim they desire. I always said if you want to hit todays lottery, buy tomorrows newspaper. Easier said than done.

Did you see any of those documentaries? Until you do, you can't have any kind of opinion about them. Next, nobody said anything about September. They were talking about early March.

You leftists always pull this stunt. So let me be clear up front: If I had to watch every documentary a leftists tells me to watch, watch every movie, read every book you people read, I wouldn't have time to come here and discuss politics. If you have a short article, sure, if I have time, I'll go through it. But I'm not going to spend hours and hours to reply to each and every leftist comment. You wouldn't read any book or watch any documentary I suggest either. Nobody has that kind of time.

You should listen to me. Your intellectual superior. I have no interest in steering you wrong. And you shouldn't assume I'm trying to do so. Take the documentary I mentioned called, "What lies upstream." I will tell you some of what you don't want to find out about yourself. First, companies aren't required to tell what the toxic effects of any chemical they make are. And the can lie about it! The CDC is fine with this because their leadership is appointed by the pro-business leadership of the government. Republican or democrat. Also, do you know how chemical companies get rid of their toxic waist? Basically, they flush it down the toilet! And it is perfectly legal!!! So what is the point of you having the time to say things here when all you have to speak about is shit to begin with.

Your intellectual superior.

Total fail. Right there.

Listen... A: No one listens to people who are arrogant, because if you actually were intellectually superior, you wouldn't be arrogant about it. People are actually smart, are smart enough to realize the limits of what they know, and thus are not arrogant.

Arrogance is universally reserved for the people who are dumb, and don't know it.

B: As a general rule of all human kind.... if you have tell everyone that you are superior... the fact you have to tell them "I am intellectually superior"... proves you are not.

If you were.... you wouldn't have to tell us. This is why only crap cars have "Sport" written on them. Because you would never know they were sporty, unless it said "Sport" on the side of the car.

No one needs "Sport" written on the side of a Porche Boxster or Chevy Corvette, or Audi R8. Just by looking... you know it's a sports car.

The very fact that you had to try and 'tell us' that you are "intellectually superior"... proves conclusively that you are not.

You just destroyed yourself in your own post. Now I know as fact, that I am dealing with an arrogant idiot.

The summer heat is almost here. Lets hope the virus keeps slowing, and slowing, and slowing....
View attachment 336171

From what I have been seeing on the news, many states are reopening even though the cases of coronavirus is still increasing. Also, how many instances of coronavirus in this country did it take to get the whole ball rolling to begin with. 2 or 3?

Its going down, with 1,417,350 US cases, how can it go down with so many active cases, not just 1 or 2?

Because of quarantine. With the 2 or 3 who got the whole plague rolling here, there was no quarantine.

Yes there most certainly was a quarantine here, for travelers from China, but not from Europe?!
Quarantine? Not all of the 1.4m are quarantined, so why isn't the pandemic still going out of control in the NYC area?
You did not answer this question: What's a worse condition, 1.4m cases or a few?
We have the 1.4m now and the number of cases is going down, why? How can that be?

Well, president Chump could have started out by not calling the coronavirus a hoax at the beginning.

He didn't call it a hoax, he called what Democrats were trying to do with it another one of their hoaxes. Of course this was before we had any idea how this thing would impact us. But lets say he never made that statement. How would that have changed our current plight?

He called it a hoax. Next, it would have changed our current plight by taking it seriously from the beginning. And there would be over 30,000 fewer dead people.

President Trump is a former businessman, not a former scientist or medical expert. He took the advice from our various health agencies and his medical team to make decisions. Even in late February, Dr. Fauci made a public statement that this virus was nothing of great concern; go out and live life as you always have, and there is no need to use gloves or masks.

When the WHO made a public statement about their concern of this virus in late January, President Trump took action the next day. No, he didn't shutdown the country, but he did take a few precautionary measures, and increased those measures as new information because available, and his team and agencies were able to form a better opinion.

Today the CDC made an announcement that 35% of the Covid cases were with asymptomatic people. That means this virus likely has been with us much longer than we thought. Asymptomatic people have the virus and don't become ill because of it. However they are just as contagious as those that did get ill. That means these people were hugging their friends and family, shaking hands with strangers, drinking at bars and eating at restaurants, squeezing fruit and vegetables at their grocery store.

As for the non-asymptomatic people, the symptoms are similar to a bad cold or early flu, which a lot of people never seek medical attention for.

Saving over 30,000 people with earlier action is what they said on the news last night. But admittedly, you can't always believe the news. For example, they say that Armaud Arbery was murdered. Though like it or not, president Chump started out by calling the whole thing a hoax. And it seems every step of the way, he has been dragging his feet. As for his "experts," they are on his payroll. They will basically say what they're told to say. Including the CDC. Don't believe it? Watch the documentary, "What lies upstream."

Your documentaries are not Gospel. They are trying to get you to watch their programming for profit.

Yes, if we started in September of last year, we could have saved tens of thousands of lives, but who knew what could happen back then? Trump didn't drag his feet. Our agencies are mired in red tape, and they practice these unnecessary prolonged actions that the President is not in control of.

In late February of this year, Cuomo was urging people to not worry about this silly virus. Go out, shop, dine, and carry on with your normal life. DeBlazio sent the same message to NYC residents around that same time. Piglosi was telling people to visit Chinatown. NOBODY KNEW!!!! The first two weeks of March, the House Democrats were trying to pass a bill stripping the President of his exclusive right to issue travel bans.

Bottom line is armchair quarterbacks like yourself can make any claim they desire. I always said if you want to hit todays lottery, buy tomorrows newspaper. Easier said than done.

Did you see any of those documentaries? Until you do, you can't have any kind of opinion about them. Next, nobody said anything about September. They were talking about early March.

You leftists always pull this stunt. So let me be clear up front: If I had to watch every documentary a leftists tells me to watch, watch every movie, read every book you people read, I wouldn't have time to come here and discuss politics. If you have a short article, sure, if I have time, I'll go through it. But I'm not going to spend hours and hours to reply to each and every leftist comment. You wouldn't read any book or watch any documentary I suggest either. Nobody has that kind of time.

You should listen to me. Your intellectual superior. I have no interest in steering you wrong. And you shouldn't assume I'm trying to do so. Take the documentary I mentioned called, "What lies upstream." I will tell you some of what you don't want to find out about yourself. First, companies aren't required to tell what the toxic effects of any chemical they make are. And the can lie about it! The CDC is fine with this because their leadership is appointed by the pro-business leadership of the government. Republican or democrat. Also, do you know how chemical companies get rid of their toxic waist? Basically, they flush it down the toilet! And it is perfectly legal!!! So what is the point of you having the time to say things here when all you have to speak about is shit to begin with.

Oh please, so you watch these "documentaries" and conclude they are all Gospel? WTF would make you think that? I always question what's told to me from somebody trying to make money by getting my attention, even if it's something that leans towards my political persuasion.

Facebook is loaded with conspiracy theories that after enough attention, is proven false by another entity. And as my intellectual superior, you should know by now that what you call toxic waist is spelled W-A-S-T-E, not W-A-I-S-T. :auiqs.jpg:

Thanks for letting me know about a typo. But as far as I can see, correcting my grammar is the best you've got. As for the conspiracy angle, they talked to the experts. People with PhD's in their particular fields. Top experts. As in there being just about no other people on the planet that may know more. You may not think so. But such people are well worth listening to.

Another documentary I mentioned to you was, "Where to invade next." Here is a piece of information from it that you can consider to be bullshit at your leisure. Apparently, Norway has the most highly educated students in the world. At the very least, they are in the top three. You might find how they accomplished this to be interesting. They eliminated homework. It seems counterintuitive. But it is a reality. In school, how much homework did you do. I didn't do any. Maybe that explains my intelligence.

Since you studied it so intensely, tell me, does Norway have anything comparable to our teachers unions? Does Norway have three months of vacation from school every year?

Somebody being an expert does not mean they are not biased. We have scientist who believe in global warming, and others who believe it's BS. We have "experts" who believe there is life on other planets, and others who do not. We have engineers who said that 911 was an inside job. Others say those people are FOS.

Being an expert doesn't mean you are always right. Speaking of which, I was never a spellcheck cop. But when somebody tires to degrade me by claiming their intellectual superioriority, the least you can do is proofread your post.

Why not watch the documentary, "Where to invade next" and find out. You would be dumbfounded, absolutely blown away by what people in European countries get that we don't. Though as Michael Moore says, things over there aren't perfect. But he's there to pick the flowers. Not the weeds. He was there to invade those countries and take back to the U.S. the spoils of his invasion. As in the good ideas. The things that have been demonstrated to work. At least over there. But maybe with out large negro and mexican population, they wouldn't work here. But it would be well worth impaling and deporting the hindrance for many other reasons. Also, I wasn't trying to degrade you. Just some of the things you talk about. Even a genius could probably be brainwashed. (But not me)

To be honest, I not only find Moorecrap appalling, but also hypocritical. He runs around talking about how great all these other places are, but never moves to one of them himself. He made his millions here because if he lived in these other places, he would have never made it to be a single millionaire yet alone multi-millionaire.

I love this capitalist country. It allows even the average Joe to become successful with a lot of dedication, a lot of hard work, sometimes a lot of education, and a lot of risk taking. One of the reasons so many people want to come here is because we are a capitalist system, an opportunity their former country never presented to them.

View attachment 336171

Total fail. Right there.

Listen... A: No one listens to people who are arrogant, because if you actually were intellectually superior, you wouldn't be arrogant about it. People are actually smart, are smart enough to realize the limits of what they know, and thus are not arrogant.

Arrogance is universally reserved for the people who are dumb, and don't know it.

B: As a general rule of all human kind.... if you have tell everyone that you are superior... the fact you have to tell them "I am intellectually superior"... proves you are not.

If you were.... you wouldn't have to tell us. This is why only crap cars have "Sport" written on them. Because you would never know they were sporty, unless it said "Sport" on the side of the car.

No one needs "Sport" written on the side of a Porche Boxster or Chevy Corvette, or Audi R8. Just by looking... you know it's a sports car.

The very fact that you had to try and 'tell us' that you are "intellectually superior"... proves conclusively that you are not.

You just destroyed yourself in your own post. Now I know as fact, that I am dealing with an arrogant idiot.

In one post he insults me by professing his superior intellect to mine, and in another making claim how he never made any good money, and even referred to himself as poor, so to the point he used welfare at one time in his life.

I never claim to be superior to anybody, and I made a decent living, have investments that are now paying off, and never collected welfare. The closest I came to welfare was being on unemployment for four months over 30 years ago. Immediately after that, I secured my CDL, then upgraded that to a class A (tractor-trailer) and did okay with that given my lack of intellect.

View attachment 336171

Total fail. Right there.

He hasn’t impressed me. He seems arrogant and bigoted. So far he has said nothing remotely intelligent.

View attachment 336171

Oh please, so you watch these "documentaries" and conclude they are all Gospel? WTF would make you think that? I always question what's told to me from somebody trying to make money by getting my attention, even if it's something that leans towards my political persuasion.

Facebook is loaded with conspiracy theories that after enough attention, is proven false by another entity. And as my intellectual superior, you should know by now that what you call toxic waist is spelled W-A-S-T-E, not W-A-I-S-T. :auiqs.jpg:

Thanks for letting me know about a typo. But as far as I can see, correcting my grammar is the best you've got. As for the conspiracy angle, they talked to the experts. People with PhD's in their particular fields. Top experts. As in there being just about no other people on the planet that may know more. You may not think so. But such people are well worth listening to.

Another documentary I mentioned to you was, "Where to invade next." Here is a piece of information from it that you can consider to be bullshit at your leisure. Apparently, Norway has the most highly educated students in the world. At the very least, they are in the top three. You might find how they accomplished this to be interesting. They eliminated homework. It seems counterintuitive. But it is a reality. In school, how much homework did you do. I didn't do any. Maybe that explains my intelligence.

Since you studied it so intensely, tell me, does Norway have anything comparable to our teachers unions? Does Norway have three months of vacation from school every year?

Somebody being an expert does not mean they are not biased. We have scientist who believe in global warming, and others who believe it's BS. We have "experts" who believe there is life on other planets, and others who do not. We have engineers who said that 911 was an inside job. Others say those people are FOS.

Being an expert doesn't mean you are always right. Speaking of which, I was never a spellcheck cop. But when somebody tires to degrade me by claiming their intellectual superioriority, the least you can do is proofread your post.

Why not watch the documentary, "Where to invade next" and find out. You would be dumbfounded, absolutely blown away by what people in European countries get that we don't. Though as Michael Moore says, things over there aren't perfect. But he's there to pick the flowers. Not the weeds. He was there to invade those countries and take back to the U.S. the spoils of his invasion. As in the good ideas. The things that have been demonstrated to work. At least over there. But maybe with out large negro and mexican population, they wouldn't work here. But it would be well worth impaling and deporting the hindrance for many other reasons. Also, I wasn't trying to degrade you. Just some of the things you talk about. Even a genius could probably be brainwashed. (But not me)

You would be dumbfounded, absolutely blown away by what people in European countries get that we don't.

A lower standard of living, smaller cars, smaller homes, a smaller economy.

They also have 8 bucks a gallon for gasoline.

Sure. I would like another. Being poor, what would you expect. But that aside, what about all those waiting to be evicted. Most people live from paycheck to paycheck. Scraping by at best. Yet somehow they are expected to magically pay back all of their back rent when they finally do get back to work.

I don't understand how they got so far behind. Let's say the average state unemployment payout is 400 bucks a week. The feds are adding an additional 600 a week to that. Depending on what state you live in, that's a comparable income to people who make between 60 to 65K a year. How can you fall back on rent with that income? For many, unemployment is paying better than when they were working.

How does unemployment when you are self employed? Like for example, people who shingle roofs. How is their unemployment calculated?

View attachment 336171

Total fail. Right there.

In one post he insults me by professing his superior intellect to mine, and in another making claim how he never made any good money, and even referred to himself as poor, so to the point he used welfare at one time in his life.

I never claim to be superior to anybody, and I made a decent living, have investments that are now paying off, and never collected welfare. The closest I came to welfare was being on unemployment for four months over 30 years ago. Immediately after that, I secured my CDL, then upgraded that to a class A (tractor-trailer) and did okay with that given my lack of intellect.

I've never been on welfare, and the last time I applied for unemployment, they sent me $800 over a week or two, and then at the end of the month, said I did not qualify and had to pay back the $800. So I had no income, no money in the bank, and owed the government $800 by the end of the month.

Now, I have thousands in the bank, thousands in retirement, and still haven't been on welfare ever.

He's so freakin smart, he can't do life without government money?

Nor have I ever claimed to be intellectually superior to anyone. I might have been more informed on a particular topic, but certainly never said I was someone's superior.

Again, total arrogance like that is always reserved for the dumbest of people. And if you have tell everyone that you are smart... that in itself is proof that you are not, or you wouldn't have to let everyone know.

This guy... wow. He's a special kind of stupid.

If I had to guess, I would say that our government will probably go for the latter. Which is also helped along by president Chump giving encouragement to the protesters why want to re-open the economy. And there are a lot of people suffering economic hardship. But seeing how there isn't likely to be a second round of stimulus checks, many have no choice but to go back to work. Even if it means risking their lives and spreading the coronavirus even more.

Over 80,000 people have died so far. What is the amount of genocide our country is willing to endure at the altar of capitalism as we know it. For those in power, more than likely any level of slaughter is acceptable to preserve capitalism as it was before the coronavirus.
Where does the money come from????

The same place it comes from now. Pretend land. Our fiat currency is probably over 20 trillion in debt. It doesn't matter if it is 40 trillion. Though before the coronavirus thing hit, the U.S. was paying around 420 billion dollars a year just on the interest of our national debt. Which is basically money flushed down the toilet. And we just burrow more money to pay that. We need to just tell whoever we owe interest to to suck it! Apart from the national debt, we also have around 61 trillion worth of unfunded obligations. And I don't want to split the hair between a debt and an obligation.

We need to just tell whoever we owe interest to to suck it!

But you want to borrow more money for handouts to you?

You're not real bright, are you?
Usury is for suckers and slaves.

Well ok....

But understand that if you eliminate Usury, then you are not going to borrow anymore.

That means if you don't have money for a car, then you simply don't get a car.

And if there isn't money for Social Security, then there is no Social Security.

If you don't have money for education, then you simply don't get education.

If there is no money for Medicare, then you simply don't get Medicare.

I'm somewhat sympathetic to the concept of banning Usury. But you need to understand what that means. No credit cards. If you want to go out to eat, because some friends came into town unexpected, and you don't have money.... you don't go out to eat.

Are you ok with this?

You don't need usury to have any of that. When inflation heats up, the fed increases interests payments. If the economy is doing poorly, the fed nearly eliminates interest payments-usury.

Without Usury, it does not matter what the Fed does.... if you don't have the money to buy something... then you are not going to be able to buy it. No matter what the Fed does.

You don't make any sense.

If you want to buy a house.... and there is no Usury... why would anyone lend you the money to buy a house? They wouldn't.

Doesn't matter what the Fed does. Why would I loan you $100,000 to buy a house, if I can't earn a profit off of loaning you the money? Without Usury, I would get back $100,000 on my $100,000 loan.

Why would I do this? I wouldn't.

If I'm a bank, I'm not going to give you a mortgage, because why would I do something that earns me nothing? Has nothing to do with the Fed. Fed has zero influence on this choice.

I'm simply not going to loan you the money. It would be better for me to invest that $100,000 in stocks. At least with stocks I'll get a return on my investment.

No Usury, means no money for you. If you don't have the cash, you don't get the stuff.

If you are ok with that, so am I. I'm all for banning Usury. But you need to understand... no house unless you have cash. No car unless you have cash. Doesn't matter what the Fed does. No one is going to loan you money, if they can't make a profit.

Face it. Capitalism is a farce. Everything should be provided by the government. Taking care of the people is their job. (At least, it should be) Not kissing hands and shaking babies. Housing, health care, education and transportation should be free. Free Free FREEEEEEEEEE!!!! Healthcare should apply equally to anybody. But as far as everything else goes, it would have to depend on your station in life. Those who are doctors or scientists for example should have better housing and transportation than a laborer. In return, people give their labor to support society.

In my town they have a plan to make the bridges toll bridges. In other words, privatize them. But those people are in it to make a profit. If you want something done as cheaply as possible, providing companies with profit isn't the way to go. No doubt one way they would do it is by paying their workers less and giving them fewer benefits than a city worker would get. Which is a race to the bottom. Screw that.

Who would work? Why work? Why invent? Why produce? Why research? Why do anything but sit around?

Your opinion of humanity is delusional. People are inventive. Producing gives them a sense of pride and worth.

Nah, give me what I want, new car, new motorhome, new home, all the money I want, free healthcare, free food, free electric, free campsites when I travel. Hell, if you can get it why not me? I’ve worked hard all my life. The government owes me tons!

What if you were given all those things. But for a price. That price being that you do whatever part you can in seeing to it that everybody else can receive those things too. (Which wouldn't mean working people to death) Would you sign on for that? Or are you so brainwashed that you think that greed and accumulating as much as you can at any negative cost to society is the best option for society.
Your a communist, we get that. Doesn't work too well from what I've seen and read.

No. I'm not a communist. What I am is something that has never existed. But National Socialist come the closest.
A socialist is a wannabe communist, so there's that.
Embrace it

View attachment 336171

You would be dumbfounded, absolutely blown away by what people in European countries get that we don't.

You forgot a smaller wallet for the most part

View attachment 336171

No, actually I wouldn't, because I know people who lived in Europe, and now in the US. I have been to Europe myself, and I have seen first hand how people live.

They live in small homes, a fraction the size of American homes. A fraction of the size. Not only are European homes tiny, but they have far fewer amenities than US homes.

This picture is from a hotel... HOTEL, not motel, from Sweden.

Screenshot_2020-05-25 718_HotelSwitzerland jpg (JPEG Image, 600 × 400 pixels).png

Yes, that's right, the bathroom, is the same room, as the bedroom. Note the size of the toilet compared to the shower. That's right. Shower is about the same size as the toilet.

Most people in Europe in general, do not have Air Conditioning. Even to this day, Air Condition is reserved only for the elite and rich.

Most people simply can't afford to run air conditioning, even if they had it.

One lady who married a guy from France, wrote in her editorial, that she was laying on the couch in summer, drenched in sweat from it being 100ºF, and even then the husband wasn't sure if he could afford to turn on the A/C.

As I said, I've been to Europe. I've seen the clothes lines strung up inside homes, to let clothes dry, because they can't afford a clothes drier.

Screenshot_2020-05-25 Where do European people dry their clothes - Quora.png

Drying racks like these, are normal in Europe. People simply can't afford to actually dry their clothes.

Electricity is horrendously expensive in Europe. Denmark and Germany, both have costs that exceed 30¢ per/kWh. That's compared to the US, where in Ohio it is 9¢ per/kWh.

Also keep in mind, they lose more than half their income in taxes, and they earn less money than US employees do.

So they earn less, and keep less of what they earn, and then they pay many times higher prices.

This is why when one of our Chemical Engineers that went to our church, when he moved to Germany, between the pay cut, and the higher taxes, and the much higher cost of fuel, he and his wife, both ended up not being able to afford a car. She had to ride a bike to the store, and ended up dumping her purchases as few times trying to ride back home. He had to spend an extra half hour, commuting to work on a bicycle.

It wasn't because they enjoyed spending hours getting anywhere. It wasn't because they loved getting blown off the road by high wind, or rained on all the way to work and back.

It was because the cost $5.80 per gallon in Germany. And Germany has "cheap" gasoline. Norway was charging $7.30 per gallon. That was the last quarter of 2019, when prices had already fallen quite a bit.

Now prices are down to 'almost'.... $4 a gallon.

And by the way, the doesn't include the $20 eco-stickers required to drive on German roads.

Traveling in Germany has tolls all over the country. You want to take your family on a vacation, you could spend $100 to $200 just getting there, not including fuel costs.

This is why you see tiny 3-wheeled cars in Europe.
Screenshot_2020-05-25 3 wheel european car - Google Search.png

Very common in Europe. I saw them when I was there. This isn't some clown car SNL skit... this is how people can afford to own a car, by buying one so tiny, you could almost walk faster than it.

Now that isn't to say that there are no really high quality cars in Europe... there are of course. They are just reserved for the rich. You don't see middle class people buying those cars in Europe. Can't afford it.

And I could go on and on. Most Europeans don't own Microwaves. Too expensive.

Many places like France, or the UK, most people only own one TV set, because you are taxed on how many TV sets you own. If you buy 3 TVs in the UK, they charge you three times the TV tax.

You have a family room, and a living room, and a bedroom? Cough up $200 per TV, per year.

Europeans are rich compared to 3rd world countries. Compared to most of South American, and Africa, and south east Asia.... Europe is a freakin dream world of wealth and bliss. No question about it.

But when you compare Europe to the US.... no sir. No. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Our poorest working people in this country, live a better life, than the middle class of Europe.

You can deny that, but that is the truth. I've seen it. The statistics show it. Everything supports that conclusion.

View attachment 336171

Last year's happiness report shows most of the top countries are in Europe.

USA is 19th; you dont get out much do you.

View attachment 336171

Total fail. Right there.

There is nothing lacking in intelligence with you, Ray. I find your posts well informed and well thought out. Quarantine just happens to be self indulged with his delusional
political fantasies. I'm not sure he/her is even worth the effort.

View attachment 336171

Just what does that mean? Having the government being a nanny from cradle to the grave?
Giving up some freedoms for security?
I don't know, just asking

View attachment 336171

Total fail. Right there.

There is nothing lacking in intelligence with you, Ray. I find your posts well informed and well thought out. Quarantine just happens to be self indulged with his delusional
political fantasies. I'm not sure he/her is even worth the effort.

:thankusmile:

View attachment 336171

So who is to judge what happiness is? With some people it's family, with others it's money, some consider house size and location as happiness; owning various car models. People who have successful marriages or relationships consider themselves to be the happiest. Others believe they are fortunate to have found God or Jesus. If you overcame an addiction problem, how could you not happy?

We are 19th? Well do tell, how many foreigners try to get into the other 18 countries? Do they have serious illegal immigration problems as we do? Do they have people legally trying to become citizens of their country waiting many years and even over a decade?

A better question is, what's wrong with not being happy? I mean......if you are not happy and have a little ambition, you live in a country where your happiness is obtainable, something not available in other places. Those other people consider themselves to be happy because they are at the apex of their country's limitations. That is simply not the case in the United States.

Sure. I would like another. Being poor, what would you expect. But that aside, what about all those waiting to be evicted. Most people live from paycheck to paycheck. Scraping by at best. Yet somehow they are expected to magically pay back all of their back rent when they finally do get back to work.

I don't understand how they got so far behind. Let's say the average state unemployment payout is 400 bucks a week. The feds are adding an additional 600 a week to that. Depending on what state you live in, that's a comparable income to people who make between 60 to 65K a year. How can you fall back on rent with that income? For many, unemployment is paying better than when they were working.

How does unemployment when you are self employed? Like for example, people who shingle roofs. How is their unemployment calculated?

That I don't know. From what I understand, the fed unemployment is much more inclusive than state unemployment which allows self-employed people to collect. That was the plan anyway.

View attachment 336171

My grandparents were poor and happy too...….
is that supposed to sell me on the lower European standard of living?

View attachment 336171

My grandparents were poor and happy too...….
is that supposed to sell me on the lower European standard of living?
The happiness index is from 2019, not from 70 years ago.

If I had to guess, I would say that our government will probably go for the latter. Which is also helped along by president Chump giving encouragement to the protesters why want to re-open the economy. And there are a lot of people suffering economic hardship. But seeing how there isn't likely to be a second round of stimulus checks, many have no choice but to go back to work. Even if it means risking their lives and spreading the coronavirus even more.

Over 80,000 people have died so far. What is the amount of genocide our country is willing to endure at the altar of capitalism as we know it. For those in power, more than likely any level of slaughter is acceptable to preserve capitalism as it was before the coronavirus.
Where does the money come from????

The same place it comes from now. Pretend land. Our fiat currency is probably over 20 trillion in debt. It doesn't matter if it is 40 trillion. Though before the coronavirus thing hit, the U.S. was paying around 420 billion dollars a year just on the interest of our national debt. Which is basically money flushed down the toilet. And we just burrow more money to pay that. We need to just tell whoever we owe interest to to suck it! Apart from the national debt, we also have around 61 trillion worth of unfunded obligations. And I don't want to split the hair between a debt and an obligation.

We need to just tell whoever we owe interest to to suck it!

But you want to borrow more money for handouts to you?

You're not real bright, are you?
Usury is for suckers and slaves.

Well ok....

But understand that if you eliminate Usury, then you are not going to borrow anymore.

That means if you don't have money for a car, then you simply don't get a car.

And if there isn't money for Social Security, then there is no Social Security.

If you don't have money for education, then you simply don't get education.

If there is no money for Medicare, then you simply don't get Medicare.

I'm somewhat sympathetic to the concept of banning Usury. But you need to understand what that means. No credit cards. If you want to go out to eat, because some friends came into town unexpected, and you don't have money.... you don't go out to eat.

Are you ok with this?

You don't need usury to have any of that. When inflation heats up, the fed increases interests payments. If the economy is doing poorly, the fed nearly eliminates interest payments-usury.

Without Usury, it does not matter what the Fed does.... if you don't have the money to buy something... then you are not going to be able to buy it. No matter what the Fed does.

You don't make any sense.

If you want to buy a house.... and there is no Usury... why would anyone lend you the money to buy a house? They wouldn't.

Doesn't matter what the Fed does. Why would I loan you $100,000 to buy a house, if I can't earn a profit off of loaning you the money? Without Usury, I would get back $100,000 on my $100,000 loan.

Why would I do this? I wouldn't.

If I'm a bank, I'm not going to give you a mortgage, because why would I do something that earns me nothing? Has nothing to do with the Fed. Fed has zero influence on this choice.

I'm simply not going to loan you the money. It would be better for me to invest that $100,000 in stocks. At least with stocks I'll get a return on my investment.

No Usury, means no money for you. If you don't have the cash, you don't get the stuff.

If you are ok with that, so am I. I'm all for banning Usury. But you need to understand... no house unless you have cash. No car unless you have cash. Doesn't matter what the Fed does. No one is going to loan you money, if they can't make a profit.

Face it. Capitalism is a farce. Everything should be provided by the government. Taking care of the people is their job. (At least, it should be) Not kissing hands and shaking babies. Housing, health care, education and transportation should be free. Free Free FREEEEEEEEEE!!!! Healthcare should apply equally to anybody. But as far as everything else goes, it would have to depend on your station in life. Those who are doctors or scientists for example should have better housing and transportation than a laborer. In return, people give their labor to support society.

In my town they have a plan to make the bridges toll bridges. In other words, privatize them. But those people are in it to make a profit. If you want something done as cheaply as possible, providing companies with profit isn't the way to go. No doubt one way they would do it is by paying their workers less and giving them fewer benefits than a city worker would get. Which is a race to the bottom. Screw that.

Who would work? Why work? Why invent? Why produce? Why research? Why do anything but sit around?

Your opinion of humanity is delusional. People are inventive. Producing gives them a sense of pride and worth.

Nah, give me what I want, new car, new motorhome, new home, all the money I want, free healthcare, free food, free electric, free campsites when I travel. Hell, if you can get it why not me? I’ve worked hard all my life. The government owes me tons!

What if you were given all those things. But for a price. That price being that you do whatever part you can in seeing to it that everybody else can receive those things too. (Which wouldn't mean working people to death) Would you sign on for that? Or are you so brainwashed that you think that greed and accumulating as much as you can at any negative cost to society is the best option for society.
Greed goes both ways, you want to exploit people and tell them what they can make.

Forum List

Back