Still not clear on the rules

Seems 2 mods have disagreements about what "trolling" even means. One mod says its ok as long as you are trying to have a decent convo. The other says if your not jerking off the OP, its trolling. So I am confused. I guess the "trolling" definition is subjective? News to me.
I am not questioning mods actions. I am clarifying the rules. We ALL need to know them, right?
Here are the rules for the religion forum. It's pretty simple to understand.

"Zone 2": Political Forum / Israel and Palestine Forum / Race Relations/Racism Forum / Religion & Ethics Forum: Baiting and polarizing OP's (Opening Posts), and thread titles risk the thread either being moved or trashed. Keep it relevant, choose wisely. Each post must contain content relevant to the thread subject, in addition to any flame. No trolling. No hit and run flames. No hijacking or derailing threads.

I've been a moderator for 3-4 days. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
I like you.

Just illustrating a problem to which many frustrated people can attest.

Several times in the past, I have offered a very sensible suggestion to help make this place more professional, but have been shot down every time. That suggestion is that mods should not be allowed to infract the very people they have engaged in a thread. This is just a no-brainer for anybody looking for quality moderation, but the mods have just ridiculed such a suggestion.

My method now is to always put, in the beginning, a few words together that strictly pertains to the OP topic no matter what. Even in Shitlands.

Then I troll, curse and be totally obnoxious to any dumb fukterd libturd in my way at any given moment
Maybe someone with a moral compass, etiquette and an effort to walk in the shoes of others wouldn't be seen as the scum of the earth and put on ignore. Attempting to understand the perspective of others, and write an expository response with their perspective would allow them to not be considered a Callous Conservative, poorly educated, uncultured and rude.

The sad fact is those extreme left or extreme right are unwilling or unable to see the perspective of others. Thus, social media has become polarized and nothing of substance or thoughtful appear in the too large number in threads and posts.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances" but Facebook and the USMB have the right to punish or ban those they see fit.

Moderation is the key, and their integrity is required to allow debate without inflicting any bias they may have - I doubt the latter is possible.

Last edited:
It seems Death Angel struck a nerve.

Of course it seems that way to you. You're about as sharp as a marble. lol.

You've aready made it clear you intend to try to push your little bird chest out based on what you perceive things to be. Nobody gives a crap about what you think.

What Death Angel did was get his rear end told about himself. Stings, don't it? Somebody's gotta do it. It's the only way he's ever going to develop any sense of self-awareness. I consider it spiritual brotherhood and a common courtesy. He cleary doesn't act any different than those he whines about. In fact, he's worse in many instances. But then he wants to turn around and talk about, hey, my name's muffin, I dindu nuffin. Pft. Please.

And watch your mouth or you will, too. You seem very similar to him. Very prideful. And ignorant. It's a bad mix.

So far all you've demonstrated with all of your strutting around like a pigeon is that you're going to end up being the consequence of someone elses very poor judgment.

Find your hole and get back in it. You have no power. Not real power anyway. And if you think you do, you clearly had way too much to dream last night. lol.

Last edited:
The sad fact is those extreme left or extreme right are unwilling or unable to see the perspective of others
Some of us fully understand the perspective of The extreme left and we will not accept it

but Facebook and the USMB have the right to punish or ban those they see fit.

USMB is NOT Facebook, google, youtube etc. And THAT is what bothers the left here

Some of us fully understand the perspective of The extreme left and we will not accept it

USMB is NOT Facebook, google, youtube etc. And THAT is what bothers the left here
Maybe you could explain why some of you fully understand and reject our moral compass, ethics and compassion. I define people who lack all three of these character flaws as selfish and label them Callous.

Social Media, as far as I know, includes all forms of interaction among the people on the Internet. Of course people like you on USMB are not very sociable.

Maybe you could explain why some of you fully understand and reject our moral compass, ethics and compassion. I define people who lack all three of these character flaws
Right here you just said those who are not leftists lack
Ethics
Compassion
Have no moral compass

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Seems 2 mods have disagreements about what "trolling" even means. One mod says its ok as long as you are trying to have a decent convo. The other says if your not jerking off the OP, its trolling. So I am confused. I guess the "trolling" definition is subjective? News to me.
I am not questioning mods actions. I am clarifying the rules. We ALL need to know them, right?
Pretty vague isn't it? One man's troll post is another man's BRILLIANT post.
Depends entirely on whether you get a Trumpy Mod - or a normal one ;)

I'm simply enforcing the rules as I was asked to do. Furthermore, I didn't ask for the job and declined it several times over the years. I finally accepted because volunteers are needed to keep this community from disintegrating. You're welcome.
They never ask me. I resort to the fewest fallacies and would be happy to continue my education on that subject. Besides, this site may become less dramatic for the drama queens who have no valid arguments only fallacy.

They never ask me. I resort to the fewest fallacies and would be happy to continue my education on that subject. Besides, this site may become less dramatic for the drama queens who have no valid arguments only fallacy.
There are a lot of drama queens here.

This seems to be a problem of the left. If you don't know when you're trolling, or hijacking/derailing a thread, maybe you shouldnt post, or just quit whining constantly when your post gets taken down
We all troll Loony Bird - Every last GD one of us. Very few of mine have ever been taken down due to trolling, but it's happened to the best of us.

Even the King of Trolls (you ;-)

5asy4b.jpg

I'm simply enforcing the rules as I was asked to do. Furthermore, I didn't ask for the job and declined it several times over the years. I finally accepted because volunteers are needed to keep this community from disintegrating. You're welcome.
You are to be commended K9. It's the worst paying, most thankless job on the planet. I did it for 6 months on another board and it SUUUUCKED.

So thanks for stepping up!

They are wanting to clean up the religion section so posters can feel safe posting in there
For theists, ‘cleaning up’ the religion section means to prohibit those free from religion from posting there altogether.

For theists, ‘feeling safe’ means not having their beliefs challenged, not having their fallacies pointed out, and not having their lies confronted.

We all troll Loony Bird - Every last GD one of us
Yep. A FEW of my posts have been taken down. And you know what? I nearly always know WHY without axing. SO I DONT COMPLAIN.

I KNOW THE RULES, so I dont whine when it happens

Know what else? I know when I'm trolling, because I think a LITTLE trolling sparks conversation. But I cant think of a single time when my goal was to derail a thread.

If it's the religion forum and someone posts a certain topic, is that the proper place for your usual "your Sky Daddy doesnt exist"???

The ONLY reason you dont start your own damn thread on this "topic" is because you know no one is interested in participating.

Forum List

Back