Question for mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, since logic and reason in the religion section is considered "trolling" by mods now, is bringing up someones god considered trolling in science and technology threads?
TIA
What if your god is science and technology?

1627508645288.png

Wouldn't that depend on their beliefs about God?

*****SMILE*****

:)

I guess it's a question as to what management wants the religion forum to be. There are seemingly countless sub-forums in this community and only ONE devoted to the discussion of faith and ethics.

One member created a thread in order to share their "near-death" experience in which they claim to have had a divine experience. Other members entered into the thread in order to tell him that God doesn't exist and that he didn't have an NDE and went beyond that to tell the OP that he is "delusional".

Is that what we want that forum to be about?

If someone wants to create a thread doubting the veracity of NDE's, that's fair game. But why enter into another's forum to, essentially, hijack and derail the thread by telling the OP that he didn't actually have the experience?

And the fact is, the unbelieving trolls are on EVERY thread in that forum like white on rice. They just can't help themselves. People of faith find it difficult to engage in QUALITY discussion in that community because the trolls DESTROY such threads.

Is that what we want? Why should the atheist trolls be permitted to hijack and destroy every thread of faith in that forum? Why do the atheist trolls lack the self-control and decency to stay out of such threads? Why don't they create their OWN thread to discuss such things?

I guess it's a question as to what management wants the religion forum to be. There are seemingly countless sub-forums in this community and only ONE devoted to the discussion of faith and ethics.

One member created a thread in order to share their "near-death" experience in which they claim to have had a divine experience. Other members entered into the thread in order to tell him that God doesn't exist and that he didn't have an NDE and went beyond that to tell the OP that he is "delusional".

Is that what we want that forum to be about?

If someone wants to create a thread doubting the veracity of NDE's, that's fair game. But why enter into another's forum to, essentially, hijack and derail the thread by telling the OP that he didn't actually have the experience?

And the fact is, the unbelieving trolls are on EVERY thread in that forum like white on rice. They just can't help themselves. People of faith find it difficult to engage in QUALITY discussion in that community because the trolls DESTROY such threads.

Is that what we want? Why should the atheist trolls be permitted to hijack and destroy every thread of faith in that forum? Why do the atheist trolls lack the self-control and decency to stay out of such threads? Why don't they create their OWN thread to discuss such things?

I think the reason there is a backlash (if that is what it is) is the number of threads in both the Science Forum and the Religious Forum mocking atheists. To be fair, if one cannot mock the other, then neither should be able to mock the other.

I think the reason there is a backlash (if that is what it is) is the number of threads in both the Science Forum and the Religious Forum mocking atheists. To be fair, if one cannot mock the other, then neither should be able to mock the other.
If someone starts a thread mocking atheists, then it's fair game IN THAT THREAD. If someone wants to start a thread claiming that believers are delusional, that's fair game for that forum. However, if a believer wants to discuss their beliefs and/or experiences with the divine, they should be able to do so without countless trolls invading and destroying the thread.

That's my view and that's how I intend to moderate that forum. If Dont Taz Me Bro tells me otherwise then I will certainly abide by his wishes.

If someone wants to create a thread doubting the veracity of NDE's, that's fair game.
A thread about NDE would appear to be the obvious place to discuss them; for instance, whether they are just the result of organic chemical reactions.

Last edited:
A thread about NDE would appear to be the obvious place to discuss them, for instance, whether they are just the result of organic chemical reactions.
It's thread derailment. The OP created their own thread to discuss THEIR NDE experience. That is not the place for another to derail the thread by writing a dissertation as to how NDE's are not real. Those who feel the need to debunk NDE's or any other belief is more than welcome to create their OWN thread in order to make their case. No problem.

What he stated is NOT what those few active in the religion section have complained about, and all you mods know it.
It's my intention to protect the threads of believers by deleting posts that violate the rules of that community.

It would appear the OP is of the opinion that in a thread on communism, capitalism or other alternatives cannot be mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back