Question - Why can't we just control what discussion history is in the quote?

kaz

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2010
Kazmania
So the site keeps bouncing back and forth between that we can't remove ANYONE from the history of a quote or we can't include anyone other than the direct person we are quoting. Nothing in between.

The site doesn't like either extreme. Every time we do one, they don't like it and switch to the other extreme. I agree with that, I don't like either extreme. But the site only gives us one or the other extreme as an option.

I actually read the quotes and include exactly enough history to make sense of my post. Which typically is about 3 or 4 quotes. But the site then keeps the 50 people who had been part of that quote line and I can't delete them. Or, the site deletes them all and no one knows what anyone is talking about.

Why is that not an option? Why do 50 people who were in the quote line or none of them the only options?

It seems pretty easy. If I delete the text from quotes going back, delete the quoter to keep the history manageable. That way I can include enough of the discussion that it makes sense.

Why is that not an option?

Alternate proposal: Set a maximum of say 5 levels of embedded quotes to prevent the huge nests. It's better than the confusion that no history is causing we have now

Forum List

Back