Still not clear on the rules

I am willing to resort to the fewest fallacies, unlike right-wingers.
yet you rely 100% on stereotypes and keeping "right wingers" in their place.

that isn't discussing the issues. thats looking for a fight.

people tend to find what they look for. one way or another.

Troll: A supernatural creature of Scandinavian folklore, whose ancestors were thought to have carried massive stones into the countryside (although actually the result of glaciers). Living in hills, mountains, caves, or under bridges, they are stupid, large, brutish, hairy, long-nosed, and bug-eyed, and may also have multiple heads or horns. Trolls love to eat people, especially small children.

Internet troll: A person, usually operating under a pseudonym, who posts deliberately provocative messages to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of provoking maximum disruption and argument. They are often paid by nefarious sources but sometime are motivated to do so for their own amusement. They often try to provoke dissension and doubt by writing dis-informational letters to the editors of newspapers.

Another good definition of an internet troll: A person who purposely and deliberately starts an online or media argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by other commenters. He will often use ad hominem attacks.

Internet shill: Someone who promotes something or someone online for pay without divulging that they are associated with the entity they shill for. Shills promote companies, products, public figures and viewpoints for profit, while pretending to have no motivation for doing so other than personal belief. Alternatively, they sometimes denigrate someone or something, such as a political viewpoint or a competitor’s product, that is in conflict with the entity they serve. Shill jobs are telecommute positions or are conducted from temporary offices which are frequently moved to avoid detection.

Troll: A supernatural creature of Scandinavian folklore, whose ancestors were thought to have carried massive stones into the countryside (although actually the result of glaciers). Living in hills, mountains, caves, or under bridges, they are stupid, large, brutish, hairy, long-nosed, and bug-eyed, and may also have multiple heads or horns. Trolls love to eat people, especially small children.

Internet troll: A person, usually operating under a pseudonym, who posts deliberately provocative messages to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of provoking maximum disruption and argument. They are often paid by nefarious sources but sometime are motivated to do so for their own amusement. They often try to provoke dissension and doubt by writing dis-informational letters to the editors of newspapers.

Another good definition of an internet troll: A person who purposely and deliberately starts an online or media argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by other commenters. He will often use ad hominem attacks.

Internet shill: Someone who promotes something or someone online for pay without divulging that they are associated with the entity they shill for. Shills promote companies, products, public figures and viewpoints for profit, while pretending to have no motivation for doing so other than personal belief. Alternatively, they sometimes denigrate someone or something, such as a political viewpoint or a competitor’s product, that is in conflict with the entity they serve. Shill jobs are telecommute positions or are conducted from temporary offices which are frequently moved to avoid detection.
An example for those pretending not to see:

Screenshot_20210730-222404_Chrome.jpg

Seems 2 mods have disagreements about what "trolling" even means. One mod says its ok as long as you are trying to have a decent convo. The other says if your not jerking off the OP, its trolling. So I am confused. I guess the "trolling" definition is subjective? News to me.
I am not questioning mods actions. I am clarifying the rules. We ALL need to know them, right?

It's funny I pretty much do the same thing and once in a great while I get a trolling email and they delete my post for trolling but most of the time it seems to be okay

Troll the bones

Oh, you're trying to convert people? Hm. Well. That's a bit different than just having casual conversation between like-minded people. Whatever, though.

Lemme tell you something. With that poor temperament you display so often, you're not going to be 'converting' anyone. All that does is chase people away. Nobody wants to be associated with an obnoxious asshole like that. And it works both ways. Self-control is very important when responding to bad actors. Reason being is that often their entire purpose is to simply bring the real you out for all to see, versus the impression of yourself that you're trying to relay onto others. You know, the old I'm not who I am, I'm who I think you think I am gag? The looking-glass self theory, I think it's called, maybe give it a read.

Why do you think the pews have been thinning out over recent years? Duh.

I've read your posts. You're more of a liability to their cause than an asset, observably. You need to be supervised. Heck, I wouldn't let you lead a lunch line. It's like every day is a case of the Modays with you. Respectfully speaking. There are capable people who post in that section. Perhaps observe and learn from them how to effectively communicate with others. Follow their lead. Or something. But your way just will not do. Huh uh. You make them look bad. Consistently. They're likely not gonna tell you that. So, jerks like me have to. But I do so for your own good, whether I accept or reject your beliefs.

Putting that aside, yes, there certainly are atheists who act just like you, calling the other side zombie followers of a cult or whatever. Nobody is denying that. And it's not very nice. But not all non-believers act like that. Maybe some people are not atheists at all and just want to ask questions. What, they're not allowed? Or is it more so that you aren't interested in putting any effort into your 'conversions'? Is it just easier to run to a mod and call someone a cultist when you feel a little challenged? Confident men tend to welcome a good challenge if they truly believe in their cause. They believe in their own ability to support their arguments, no matter what. Just because someone is challenging your views in a way that makes you uncomfortable doesn't mean they're trying to tear down your beliefs. It doesn't mean they're zombie cultists. I'm sure as heck not gonna buy anything from a feller who doesn't think he has to put any effort into selling his warez and who just feels that he's entitled to the sale. Ever consider that maybe the mods are just as tired of you whining as they are those you're kicking around? Perhaps even more so?

Now, again, I'm telling you this as respectfully as I can. I'm not yelling at you. I'm not all mad and stuff. I'm just putting it out there.

Do you think everything's supposed to just be easy?

It seems Death Angel struck a nerve.

Every time there is any attempt to discuss Islam, the moderation of USMB absolutely goes into overdrive to railroad the thread into a discussion of Christianity, instead. They absolutely DEMAND that people attack Christianiry in these threads and do everything in their power to prevent any discussion of the subject.

In one thread, I received multiple demands that I attack the Amish of all things, and when I refused because it was off topic, I was thread banned.

With this intend, I would say that the rules here are the same as they have always been. Mods do whatever they want to whover they want whenever they want and none of the other mods will ever confront them, no matter how utterly corrupt their behavior.

I've been a moderator for 3-4 days. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Forum List

Back