Steelers Big Ben is eating them up!!

Big deal...with the sissy rules in effect now, any QB "breaking a record" is meaningless.
So what if brady passed for 600 yards and 5 tds?...so what if peyton passed for 700 yards and 7 td's.

None of them could do that with the rules the (former) record holders played under.
The NFL is about the same as arena football nowadays..everybody pass 45 or 50 times per game....everyone rack up hundreds of yards and multiple TD.s...Why even have defensive backs...

I believe that's 6 TDs two weeks in a row, and last week I think he threw for 500 yards.

It was a great win last night. The Steelers' D is finally getting some turnovers and the O is taking advantage of those gifts. 15 TD passes and 1 INT in three games is pretty damn impressive. Beating the Ravens makes my heart sing.

.......Beating the Ravens makes my heart sing.

Definitely, and not just beating them - kicking their ass good.

I've been grinning from ear to ear since last night. There certain teams that I love crushing. In football, its the Ravens and Cowboys. In hockey, its the Flyers and the Caps. In baseball, its the Cards and the Braves. lol. The win feels a little sexier for me when it's one of those teams for some reason.

Last edited:
It was a great win last night. The Steelers' D is finally getting some turnovers and the O is taking advantage of those gifts. 15 TD passes and 1 INT in three games is pretty damn impressive. Beating the Ravens makes my heart sing.
yeah good to see that stuff finally happening for them>i dont liek baltimore so i was glad to see the steelers win that game last night.

yeah good to see that stuff finally happening for them>i dont liek baltimore so i was glad to see the steelers win that game last night.

There are our biggest rivals. When I was growing it used to the Browns but they've been terrible for so long that it felt silly to claim they were a rival anymore. I am glad to see them playing better though. I would rather have my team be in a division with fierce competition then some rag dolls. The make the team play better consistently to win.

The turning point this year for the Steelers is Harrison coming out of retirement.
Before he came back the defence was in shambles, he is a clear leader and like we saw last night - is a game changer. Multiple sacks, two hurries and an interception...let alone crushing the Ravens running game.
Harrison is the man.

The turning point this year for the Steelers is Harrison coming out of retirement.
Before he came back the defence was in shambles, he is a clear leader and like we saw last night - is a game changer. Multiple sacks, two hurries and an interception...let alone crushing the Ravens running game.
Harrison is the man.

That is one significant factor. The others are, of course, Big Bens revival, Martavis Bryant stepping up, and cannot overlook Mike Tomlins coaching. At the beginning of the season, I thought the Steelers were not even a .500 club this year.

Harrison is the man.

That is one significant factor. The others are, of course, Big Bens revival, Martavis Bryant stepping up, and cannot overlook Mike Tomlins coaching. At the beginning of the season, I thought the Steelers were not even a .500 club this year.

I didn't either. It was all I was hoping for.
Big Ben publicly saying Bell was not playing as good as he could set Bell on fire as well.
Right now everything is going their way. In the words of one of the ESPN commentators - "if everyone stays healthy this team may go to the Super Bowl, you can't double up on their receivers, their running game is solid and the defence is coming together to show us they are a legitimate Steelers caliber defence."

Harrison is the man.

Big Ben publicly saying Bell was not playing as good as he could set Bell on fire as well.
Right now everything is going their way. In the words of one of the ESPN commentators - "if everyone stays healthy this team may go to the Super Bowl, you can't double up on their receivers, their running game is solid and the defence is coming together to show us they are a legitimate Steelers caliber defence."

Looking at your remaining schedule, you may go 11-5 this year. Good luck!

Harrison is the man.

Looking at your remaining schedule, you may go 11-5 this year. Good luck!

That is a real possibility. The Steelers have a habit of playing down to weak teams though. Hells bells, Tampa Bay's only win this season is aganist the Steelers. Any given Sunday these poor playing teams can give us a run for our money.

The difference between the best and the worst NFL teams is pretty thin. A player here goes down and player there hurts themselves. A good QB could be the difference between a good team and a bad team.

Since the second half of the Houston game, the Steelers and Big Ben are playing the best football in the league.

Harrison is the man.

yeah same here.i figured they were on pace to have a losing season after losing to cleveland.It also looks like the friction between Big Ben and todd haley that was there in the beginning from at least the first year,maybe last year as well,really has been resolved and Ben is on page with him now.

He hated him in the beginning but I would say from the results we saw with all the points that were put up against the colts last week whom all the NFL people were saying had a very good defense till that point-now they have gone a 180 degree turnaround since then.lol, Looks like he has made peace with him and ben is getting along with him now cause like i said,prior to that,everybody around the league was bragging about how good a defense the colts have.now they have changed their minds since then.lol.

But yeah,the return of Harrison has for sure made an impact on them.You just cant replace a player like that.

Forum List

Back