States would decide on their own abortion laws. Really?

I like the abortion bill that Oklahoma passed this week.

Abortion only allowed for when the mother's life is in jeopardy or in the case of rape and incest if health professionals agree.

No more on demand for the sake of convenience.

That is "reasonable" abortion law.
Thank you Flash. I'm sick of Republicans lying about their true position on this. RayfromCleveland is trying to pretend you aren't trying to ban abortions.

Thank you Flash. I'm sick of Republicans lying about their true position on this. RayfromCleveland is trying to pretend you aren't trying to ban abortions.
This is not banning abortion. It is "common sense" abortion law.

When will the Moon Bats stop denying that they want to ban the right to keep and bear arms?

When will the Moon Bats stop denying that they want to ban the right to keep and bear arms?
Excuse me? If I get pregnant and just don't want to have it, can I get the abortion or not, liar?

Your common sense abortion law says you can't have one. That's banning abortion. How stupid do you think we are?

That's the funny thing. I have guns and don't want them banned. I just want common sense gun legislation and regulations.

And like I am a liberal with guns, a lot of cons get abortions. You may lose votes with this. I know it's a gamble you are willing to take.

Are you in a well regulated militia btw?

Excuse me? If I get pregnant and just don't want to have it, can I get the abortion or not, liar?

Your common sense abortion law says you can't have one. That's banning abortion. How stupid do you think we are?
Yes, if the court strikes down Rowe, you will still be able to get an abortion in the US. And do to the court's reasoning, states rights, congress in the future would not be able to create a law to make abortion illegal nationally.

There are 26 states that will almost surely ban abortions and several more will enact new abortion laws. Almost all of these states will allow abortions in the case where the mother's life would be in danger, or pregnancy due to rape or incest. Some of these 26 states will also allow abortions in the first 15 weeks and most of the rest will restrict abortion to the first 6 weeks. A couple of states will make no exceptions at least as the law stands now.

If you're not able to qualify in these states you will have to travel. However that may not be that bad because 17 of these 26 states border states where abortion will be available on demand. In most of these states and at a the national level, organizations are working to ease the travel problem.

Although the number of abortions will go down if Rowe is struct down, I expect the number is going to be a lot less that pro-lifers expect.

Last edited:

If you are a pain in the ass to me can I murder you?

Because that is what abortion on demand for the sake of convenience is all about.

"Common sense" abortion laws like was enacted in Oklahoma says that you can't kill a child for the purpose of convenience, only for legitimate medical reasons. Good law. We can all agree on that.

If you are a pain in the ass to me can I murder you?

Because that is what abortion on demand for the sake of convenience is all about.

"Common sense" abortion laws like was enacted in Oklahoma says that you can't kill a child for the purpose of convenience, only for legitimate medical reasons. Good law. We can all agree on that.
Only if you agree that this fetus is a child

Only if you agree that this fetus is a child
I took classes in Biology in school. You dumbass Moon Bats don't know any more about Biology than you know about Economics, History, Climate Science, Ethics or the Constitution.

Not only are you confused about a fetus being a human being but you dumb mutherfuckers think that a man can get pregnant and think there are more than two genders.

So something crossed my mind today: Let's assume the leak is genuine and next month Roe vs Wade is gone. Now (as everybody says) abortion will be left up to the states. Liberal states of course will keep abortion, conservative states make it illegal, and swing states may have abortion up to X amount of weeks. Fine.

My question is what happens if the country swings hard right on the federal level as in what is being setup now? Could our federal legislatures make it illegal for the entire country to have any kind of abortions? And if so, would the GOP risk losing leadership for decades down the road?

I can't see the court ruling that abortion be exclusively a states right. What part of the Constitution would allow them to rule that way? So the question is, could this decision actually lead to outlawing abortions on a national level?

Yes. Mitch McConnell has already stated that is the goal.

Forum List

Back