States would decide on their own abortion laws. Really?

A war on women would entail telling them what to do and then forcing them to do it. Why is it that the Right rails against big, intrusive government and for individual freedom until they don't like someone's choice?

We on the right think choice is great. You decided to have sex unprotected, got pregnant, you made a choice. People who make better choices don't have to deal with that problem.

If you ask me, a war on women is letting weirdos into their private bathrooms and changing rooms and nothing can be legally done about it. A war on women is when one of these weirdos steals an athletic trophy and quite possibly a college scholarship from somebody's daughter because there is no way she could compete against a guy with lipstick. A war on women is telling nurses they have to take a vaccine they don't want to take, and if they don't, lose their job with no unemployment benefits so they can't even afford to feed their family. That's what I call a real war on women.

Last edited:
T
No wonder, it takes 20 minutes for you to figure out what the words on screen say.

Ah, you shun those not of your faith.

It's you who denies science. You have only your Reich.

You don't even know how many genders there are. You think men can get pregnant.
his is xactly what Germany was like in 1939. Thank god I don’t make my political beliefs known out in public. Thank god I’m a rich white man. I can pretend to be Christian when you’re rounding atheist up.

Oh, you read the entire thing, it's just that truth pisses you off so much. How can I tell? Because you asked how we on the right feel about it and when I answered in and adult way, you responded with personal insults, a dead giveaway it caused you to lose sleep last night.

But I'll reply anyway: Since you are on the climate change side, tell me, what would it take to shut you up forever? I don't mean you personally, but your entire clan? What metrics would we need to meet to make you happy? CO2 levels? One billionth of one particle of something? What? And if you can present me this goal of yours, what would it cost us to reach that goal?

More truth for you to lose sleep over: You can't give me an answer to that question because you have no answer. Don't feel bad, nobody on the MMCC side can. Because deep down inside, you know there is no goal. Just keep pouring more and more money down this bottomless money pit and it makes you feel like you're accomplishing something. Trust me, I've watched the anti-pollution people over 50 years ago, then the man made global warming people, and since global warming was proven to be a hoax, the climate change people. In spite of the trillions it already cost us for this mission of yours, you people are more pissed off today than you were 55 years ago. And if we pour another 10 trillion into it, you'll be more pissed off in 50 years from now than you are today.
Hones I didn’t. If you started off lying why keep reading? It’ll just infuriate me. I didn’t know you found the lord ray? I didn’t think you were illogical and irrational oh wait. Yes I did.

We on the right think choice is great. You decided to have sex unprotected, got pregnant, you made a choice. People who make better choices don't have to deal with that problem.
So you're OK with abortion in cases of rape? To save the life of the mother? What if the child will be severely disabled?

Fair enough. What did I ever lie about? :eusa_shhh:
When a climate change denier says they believe in it, they are being obtuse. What you are stating is you believe the obvious. That climate change happened before man made climate change. Then that opens up an entire discussion where basically you admit through your comments that you don’t actually believe in man made climate change.

So let’s not have that dance dummy. It’s old.

T

his is xactly what Germany was like in 1939.

Yes, you democrats are the Nazi party - pure and simple.

Whites are your Jews.

Thank god I don’t make my political beliefs known out in public.

I suspect a Nazi like you might not be real popular

Thank god I’m a rich white man.

Oh look, another Nazi troll on the interwebz who is FABULOUSLY WEALTHY!

I can pretend to be Christian when you’re rounding atheist up.

Or you can pretend to be "rich" on a message board.

The only ones who want to round up political prisoners are you Nazis.

So you're OK with abortion in cases of rape? To save the life of the mother? What if the child will be severely disabled?

Would you be okay with abolishing abortion in cases that don't match the above?

Between contraceptives, the morning after pill, and plan B, no woman gets pregnant who doesn't want to. This includes rape victims.

But then you fascists claim that men get pregnant....

Would you be okay with abolishing abortion in cases that don't match the above?
No. Before the embryo develops a brain it is just human tissue on the path to becoming a person.

Between contraceptives, the morning after pill, and plan B, no woman gets pregnant who doesn't want to. This includes rape victims.
I suspect many young women don't have all the education and information they may need to make these decisions.

But then you fascists claim that men get pregnant....
So you're saying a woman who identifies as a man is a man? Enlightened I guess. Since that is the only way I know of for a man to get pregnant, you must be a fascist.

No. Before the embryo develops a brain it is just human tissue on the path to becoming a person.

so, 5 weeks gestation then?

I suspect many young women don't have all the education and information they may need to make these decisions.

I suspect you personally profit from the Abortion Industrial Complex. There is no excuse for abortion.

So you're saying a woman who identifies as a man is a man?

I leave such idiocy to you science deniers.

Enlightened I guess. Since that is the only way I know of for a man to get pregnant, you must be a fascist.

So something crossed my mind today: Let's assume the leak is genuine and next month Roe vs Wade is gone. Now (as everybody says) abortion will be left up to the states. Liberal states of course will keep abortion, conservative states make it illegal, and swing states may have abortion up to X amount of weeks. Fine.

My question is what happens if the country swings hard right on the federal level as in what is being setup now? Could our federal legislatures make it illegal for the entire country to have any kind of abortions? And if so, would the GOP risk losing leadership for decades down the road?

I can't see the court ruling that abortion be exclusively a states right. What part of the Constitution would allow them to rule that way? So the question is, could this decision actually lead to outlawing abortions on a national level?
Would someone living in one State not simply pop over the border to another State for an abortion?

Would someone living in one State not simply pop over the border to another State for an abortion?

Of course, that's exactly what's going to happen. However it is a little inconvenient and that's what the left are all upset about. IMO to avoid that discomfort, people will start having more responsible sex if their state doesn't have liberal abortion policies. I can't say that's a bad thing.

When a climate change denier says they believe in it, they are being obtuse. What you are stating is you believe the obvious. That climate change happened before man made climate change. Then that opens up an entire discussion where basically you admit through your comments that you don’t actually believe in man made climate change.

So let’s not have that dance dummy. It’s old.

I said from the get go that the climate changes so there is no lie there. Temperatures change, climate changes, it's all quite natural really and it's been taking place since the earth was created. We didn't end the ice age with cars and factories.

Actually I'm not against abortion at all. There are different factions of the Republican party and my faction is the smaller the government, the better.

I believe that if somebody gets pregnant and is considering an abortion, that's their own choice, not mine If it's a minor, that choice should be made by the girl and her parents. If it's a woman with religious values, that decision should be made between her and her clergy. In most all cases the choice should be made between the girl and the suspected father. But I don't believe the choice should be between the girl and her government.

That being said, I don't care for abortion, but it's not a constitutionally protected right. If they do overturn Wade, I'm all for it as it never should have been decided that abortion had any constitutional protections in the first place.

As for the topic at hand, I don't envision Congress passing any federal abortion legislation in the foreseeable future, given that the forthcoming SCOTUS decision (if consistent with the leaked draft) clearly spells out the absence of Constitutional support for a federal position on abortion. Any such legislation would be ripe for immediate challenge to the Supreme Court.

No doubt any abortion legislation by the US Congress would be challenged in court by one side or the other depending on the wording, but that doesn't mean the SC would throw it out because it has no constitutional basis. I think it depends on what the legislation says, if the Congress passes a law and Biden signs it that says abortion is legal for the first 13 weeks (1st trimester) and it also makes contraceptives and morning after pills legal then I think the SC would accept that as the will of the people. Such a law would not declare constitutional rights, but instead civil rights that could be amended at a later date. Same as state laws, unless a state amends their state constitution whatever they pass can be changed at a later date. Or they could even change the state constitution back to whatever it was or something else. Same as the US Constitution, it can be amended too. There's a process for that.

No doubt any abortion legislation by the US Congress would be challenged in court by one side or the other depending on the wording, but that doesn't mean the SC would throw it out because it has no constitutional basis. I think it depends on what the legislation says, if the Congress passes a law and Biden signs it that says abortion is legal for the first 13 weeks (1st trimester) and it also makes contraceptives and morning after pills legal then I think the SC would accept that as the will of the people. Such a law would not declare constitutional rights, but instead civil rights that could be amended at a later date. Same as state laws, unless a state amends their state constitution whatever they pass can be changed at a later date. Or they could even change the state constitution back to whatever it was or something else. Same as the US Constitution, it can be amended too. There's a process for that.
Well this probably isn't what you were suggesting, but I wasn't entirely sure, so just wanted to note on the relationship between your first and last points that enacting federal legislation isn't the same thing as amending the US Constitution.

Well this probably isn't what you were suggesting, but I wasn't entirely sure, so just wanted to note on the relationship between your first and last points that enacting federal legislation isn't the same thing as amending the US Constitution.

That's very true. The Congress can pass legislation to regulate abortions as they see fit, and IMHO the Supreme Court will honor that unless the new laws overly restrict individual constitutional rights. Assuming the Roe v Wade is overturned, abortion will no longer be considered a constitutional right under the current laws. All I'm saying is that if Congress can pass abortion legislation and the president signs it then abortion could be a civil right subject to whatever limitations Congress provides, now and in the future. And since abortion won't be a constitutional right then the states can create their own abortion rights as they see fit, as long as the state legislation does not override whatever Congress passes (if anything).

BUT - in the above cases, abortion would not be a constitutional right. If the Congress can pass a resolution by a 2/3 majority in both the Senate and the House then the matter would fall to the states to ratify a constitutional amendment. If 3/4 of the states ratify that amendment then it becomes a constitutional right that no state can deny.

And it might be worth mentioning that no matter how the Supreme Court or what Congress does, it's going to be a constant struggle to change the law back and forth depending on who is in power. But that has been the case ever since Roe v Wade, so the fight will continue no matter what.

Yes, you democrats are the Nazi party - pure and simple.

Whites are your Jews.

I suspect a Nazi like you might not be real popular

Oh look, another Nazi troll on the interwebz who is FABULOUSLY WEALTHY!

Or you can pretend to be "rich" on a message board.

The only ones who want to round up political prisoners are you Nazis.
1 person condo paid off. Putting 30% of my pay in my 401k. Make about $100k. Take all that into account I’m upper class. I’m certainly not having a hard time making ends meet, dealing with inflation or saving 30%. No mortgage o student debt to deal with.

And I’m the poor one in my family. My rich brother and son are voting for trump in 2024. They should. They’re privileged and rich. Now anyways. We came from detroit. Immigrant parents. That scene from the jerk? Tha was us. Born a poor black child. He now makes $1 million a year. Only in America. We should vote republican. I just can’t.

I said from the get go that the climate changes so there is no lie there. Temperatures change, climate changes, it's all quite natural really and it's been taking place since the earth was created. We didn't end the ice age with cars and factories.
You’re a man made climate change denier. I’ll clarify from now on. But you knew what I meant. That reply you gave was you thinking you’re slick or clever. You’re not. If you didn’t know you were making that mistake it’s because you’re just repeating a right wing talking point.

Forum List

Back