Starmer to remove charitable status from private schools for the rich

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

About time.Why are the poor subsidising elite education for the spawn of billionaires ?

The writer of the article proposes that they go further and nationalise the schools making them agents of social change. 100% agree with that but this is a good start.

These bastards dont even pay full business rates unlike the state sector schools.

Of course all of the tory cabinet, including Sunak, send their kids to these schools. I wonder if there is a link between that and the tax breaks that they get?

About time.Why are the poor subsidising elite education for the spawn of billionaires ?

The writer of the article proposes that they go further and nationalise the schools making them agents of social change. 100% agree with that but this is a good start.

These bastards dont even pay full business rates unlike the state sector schools.

Of course all of the tory cabinet, including Sunak, send their kids to these schools. I wonder if there is a link between that and the tax breaks that they get?

If the UK government closed the private school system, wealthy people would just send their children to Ireland, the European continent or America to get an education.

Or perhaps take their children out of school entirely, and hire a tutor.

If the UK government closed the private school system, wealthy people would just send their children to Ireland, the European continent or America to get an education.

I dont believe in private education so would be happy to see these places close. The private school system is the invisible structure that perpetuates the inequality in the UK.

A more likely scenario is that more money would be invested in state schools.

I would also get rid of the free schools and charter schools as well. Its just wrong that a headmaster is paid more than the prime Minister.

Even one as shit as sunak.

I dont believe in private education so would be happy to see these places close. The private school system is the invisible structure that perpetuates the inequality in the UK.

A more likely scenario is that more money would be invested in state schools.

I would also get rid of the free schools and charter schools as well. Its just wrong that a headmaster is paid more than the prime Minister.

Even one as shit as sunak.

I am sure that expenditures for the state schools would increase, but their quality would fall as they would no longer have to worry about competition.

But the very wealthy aren't going to send their kids to a dumpy public school when they can send them abroad. The ones who will be forced into using the public schools would be middle class people just trying to help their children succeed.

I am sure that expenditures for the state schools would increase, but their quality would fall as they would no longer have to worry about competition.

But the very wealthy aren't going to send their kids to a dumpy public school when they can send them abroad. The ones who will be forced into using the public schools would be middle class people just trying to help their children succeed.
These schools are not being closed. They are losing their charitable status. There is no logical argument against that.

Why are the poor subsidising elite education for the spawn of billionaires ?
Because that is your destined lot in life?

go further and nationalise the schools making them agents of social change. 100% agree with that
Of course you would agree with using schools to effect political change through children. Just like a good little fascist commie.

Of course all of the tory cabinet, including Sunak, send their kids to these schools.
Maybe if you went out and actually got a job too and worked as hard as them, you might afford to do that as well, but then, what woman would have you to bear a child for in the first place to NEED to go to school? None that I could ever imagine?

Because that is your destined lot in life?

Of course you would agree with using schools to effect political change through children. Just like a good little fascist commie.

Maybe if you went out and actually got a job too and worked as hard as them, you might afford to do that as well, but then, what woman would have you to bear a child for in the first place to NEED to go to school? None that I could ever imagine?
You could engage with the thread rather than just abuse me.
If you had the intellect of course.

Engage your thread, you arrogant, pompous ass?! When your every thread is intended to irritate, inflame and abuse others?!

Tommy, if I slammed my head between two locomotives, I'd still have 70 IQ points on you! :1peleas:
And you persist with your bovine nonsense. Put me on ignore. Its free.

And you persist with your bovine nonsense.

I just naturally figured that bovine nonsense is what a cow's ass best related to in resentfully discussing education for those with far more money than you.

alfbonnie_01-4056314324.jpg

But then, you seem to resent every topic you involve yourself in. :smoke:

It isn't to do with shutting private schools.

You are not going to get 'a tutor' able to teach all secondary school subjects.

Seriously you think State schools try to compete with private (what we call Public) schools like Eton.

Basically the richer the parents of an area are the better a State school provided. In the 80's when we were thinking of making Public (private to you) schools illegal, it was very much thought that those who send their children to private school both have the most money to donate but more importantly were better educated and networked and hence would better able to arrange for positive changes In the mean time there seems to have been a big change in our living arrangements. This would certainly work if we lived in mixed money communities but we seem to do that a lot less now so I am guessing that it would not make such a big difference now as it would have then.

Again this is not about banning fee paying schools. While MC parents may want to give their children a chance, so do working class parents. Educational success was for a while the one thing which gave people the hope of social mobility....however since the late 70's/80's our social mobility, like that of the US has become almost not existent, Education is however one of the best gifts we can give our young and also our society. We ought to work on improving it for all.

Because the rich seem to think that the poor should subsidize their education.

Look at the DeVos school of trying to screw poor people out of money by giving rich people money to send their kids to private schools. All the time churning out "oh the poor black kid who goes to our super expensive private school will get away from the ghetto" routine.
What they don't state is if they put ALL the ghetto kids into such schools, all the rich kids would immediately leave, all the decent teachers would leave and go set up in a different school.

Because the rich seem to think that the poor should subsidize their education.

Look at the DeVos school of trying to screw poor people out of money by giving rich people money to send their kids to private schools. All the time churning out "oh the poor black kid who goes to our super expensive private school will get away from the ghetto" routine.
What they don't state is if they put ALL the ghetto kids into such schools, all the rich kids would immediately leave, all the decent teachers would leave and go set up in a different school.
I dont like the notion of private schools but they are not illegal. But they should pay their way.
Nobody can justify their charitable status because they are not charities.
Its just another perk of being rich.

Forum List

Back