Labour pledges to end charitable status of wealthy private schools.

Yes ,I withdraw that fact. Only folk who can afford £40k a year fees will be affected. Sigh.
Wrong again, but at least you are admitting to lying. I know those that can't afford the tuition still get accepted and attend, so they can actually help the intelligent children, except you'd know nothing having to do with intelligence, you just hate what you are ignorant about.

You made the claim you back it up, because what I am reading you are dead wrong and you can't prove you are right. So link it or you are lying, go ahead.
Now, slink away like the coward you are and try to go off topic, I don't care what you do because you have been caught and proven to be an intolerant bigot that we all know you are
I just did a search and it looks like it is more expensive than Tommy is saying. £15,432 per half term. That is £15,432 x 6 per year or very roughly £93,000 per year which is I think more than 3 times the average wage.
People can try and get bursaries but few will and those will be for kids who already are of a very good academic and social standard.

Last edited:
I just did a search and it looks like it is more expensive than Tommy is saying. £15,432 per half term. That is £15,432 x 6 per year or very roughly £93,000 per year which is I think more than 3 times the average wage.
People can try and get bursaries but few will and those will be for kids who already are of a very good academic and social standard.
And in there own source, which you linked shows that not only the rich get into the private school. Thanks for proving me right and proving Tommy is a dishonest hateful, intolerant jerk.

And in there own source, which you linked shows that not only the rich get into the private school. Thanks for proving me right and proving Tommy is a dishonest hateful, intolerant jerk.
There are bursaries. However if you imagine this makes Eton somewhere where poor people can go, very difficult. Any child who wishes to go to Eton under a bursary must show that they 'are made of the right stuff' if lacking sufficient money and that means they have to be able to hold their own with both the left overs of the aristocracy and the new one. I don't know what the poor are like in the US. I did see a program once of parents trying to instil into their children what they thought they would need. For going to Eton they will need to pass an exam when they are 13 as will all people applying for Eton. It's called The Common Entrance and is an exam which only happens in this type of school. Middle Class in the UK I think is higher than in the States. It used to be professionals but it is not impossible it has changed but I would think to try and get into Eton, on a bursary would be next to impossible if you were not at least middle class. I am going to mention this research again. About ten years ago research was done into the effects your parents had on your ability to get on in life. They discovered that by the age of 5 those in the richest group were one year ahead academically than those in the poorest. The things they put this down to were stress, diet, ability to go out and explore different things, holidays, toys, different experiences and I think what was believed to be the most important ingredient, the educational achievement of the main caregiver. You might get middling families to Eton but I kind of suspect that poor kids would be very much the odd one. The school has over 1300 children and I found a place where they were boasting they had 70 boys on full bursaries. It is not a major ingredient of the school and may well have just been brought in after we were thinking of closing these schools in the 70's. I think Tommy is nearer the truth than what I get from you. You seem to think that anyone can go their they just get a bursary. No very few people can go there who need a bursary. They even come and inspect your home. So, Tommy could have said that a few boys who cannot pay the fees can get there but as for them being 'poor' except for the odd isolated one I think that is unlikely.

There are bursaries. However if you imagine this makes Eton somewhere where poor people can go, very difficult. Any child who wishes to go to Eton under a bursary must show that they 'are made of the right stuff' if lacking sufficient money and that means they have to be able to hold their own with both the left overs of the aristocracy and the new one. I don't know what the poor are like in the US. I did see a program once of parents trying to instil into their children what they thought they would need. For going to Eton they will need to pass an exam when they are 13 as will all people applying for Eton. It's called The Common Entrance and is an exam which only happens in this type of school. Middle Class in the UK I think is higher than in the States. It used to be professionals but it is not impossible it has changed but I would think to try and get into Eton, on a bursary would be next to impossible if you were not at least middle class. I am going to mention this research again. About ten years ago research was done into the effects your parents had on your ability to get on in life. They discovered that by the age of 5 those in the richest group were one year ahead academically than those in the poorest. The things they put this down to were stress, diet, ability to go out and explore different things, holidays, toys, different experiences and I think what was believed to be the most important ingredient, the educational achievement of the main caregiver. You might get middling families to Eton but I kind of suspect that poor kids would be very much the odd one. The school has over 1300 children and I found a place where they were boasting they had 70 boys on full bursaries. It is not a major ingredient of the school and may well have just been brought in after we were thinking of closing these schools in the 70's. I think Tommy is nearer the truth than what I get from you. You seem to think that anyone can go their they just get a bursary. No very few people can go there who need a bursary. They even come and inspect your home. So, Tommy could have said that a few boys who cannot pay the fees can get there but as for them being 'poor' except for the odd isolated one I think that is unlikely.
Tommy said what he said and he is a bitter old guy, pretty easyto read.

Forum List

Back