Labour pledges to end charitable status of wealthy private schools.

I absolutely love this policy. The money raised will go to fund the state sschool sector.

The UK is hamstrung by a small elite who attended private schools. They are wealthy beyond your dreams and it is wrong that they have charitable status when they are patently not a charity.

Looking forward to these places being used to serve the public.
:fu:

It is my observation after a lifetime of living here. These schools are designed to keep out poor people apart from a token number to qualify for chritable status.
You are welcome to find one of these places that is affordable. Good luck with that.

You seem to not understand what I am saying. The schools, are they flush with needless cash?

Of course you love it, but if it were to happen, which it won't, then the wealthy beyond your dream schools will just become even more exclusive and small marginal income families' private schools will go under. The wealthy will just prepay to avoid the tax in the short-term, and then pay it when the time came. The less than wealthy wouldn't be able to do either and the public schools will be hit with a lot more students and expenses.
and will be shocked at the low quality of most things so will start buying them and bringing them into the school. They will want as good a standard as they had before and will work to get it both on organising fairs etc for donations and in fighting for more money from Parliament. They are the people who know how to do it and they will, to everyone's benefit.

The elite will have no problem with the added tax, the article mentions that the less affluent will now have less choices. The less money you have the less choices you have and the less opportunity to move up. Sad, day for those with less.
True. They would be better just to close them.

More hate by the envious Brits.
Just because you were no good at business is no excuse for projecting on those who believe in giving. It has always been known that this would be the quickest way to get good education for everyone. I get that you do not like the idea of everyone having a fair chance and I guess you are in the majority especially as our Politicians have become a bit like this putting out their hands for the money or free trip or whatever, but things can change.

Just because you were no good at business is no excuse for projecting on those who believe in giving. It has always been known that this would be the quickest way to get good education for everyone. I get that you do not like the idea of everyone having a fair chance and I guess you are in the majority especially as our Politicians have become a bit like this putting out their hands for the money or free trip or whatever, but things can change.
Its different in America. Only poor kids go to expensive private schools. Its a genuine meritocracy.

What the hell does your post have to with me? I believe that charters schools are good, and you want them shut down because why? Oh yeah, THE RICH!!!

Politicians have been taking money from business forever, everyone knows that except Tommy, he thinks it is all businesses fault that politicians cater to them.

Its different in America. Only poor kids go to expensive private schools. Its a genuine meritocracy.
Got proof of this BS skippy or are you making up more BS and trying to be dishonest?

I love how you make really stupid statements and then can't back it up but want others to do so. Sounds like you are hypocrite, oh wait, you ARE a hypocrite.

Got proof of this BS skippy or are you making up more BS and trying to be dishonest?

I love how you make really stupid statements and then can't back it up but want others to do so. Sounds like you are hypocrite, oh wait, you ARE a hypocrite.
Well I am making fun of you. Its not malicious and you should expect it when you try and defnd nonsense.

Well I am making fun of you. Its not malicious and you should expect it when you try and defnd nonsense.
So you have failed again, with no honesty put forth, no proof for any of your allegations and are shown to be a liar. You look stupid so you claim you are making fun of me? OMG, you are as stupid as what others are claiming about you.

If you can't be honest, can't back up your claims, verify nothing, it seems you are just full of hate. No wonder you are so miserable. You can change and become an honest person and less hateful to others that have more than you, envy never serves people well.

Forum List

Back