Labour pledges to end charitable status of wealthy private schools.

So you have failed again, with no honesty put forth, no proof for any of your allegations and are shown to be a liar. You look stupid so you claim you are making fun of me? OMG, you are as stupid as what others are claiming about you.

If you can't be honest, can't back up your claims, verify nothing, it seems you are just full of hate. No wonder you are so miserable. You can change and become an honest person and less hateful to others that have more than you, envy never serves people well.
Eton charges £48500 a year. Well within the range of poor people. Johnson went there.
Winchester charges £45900 a year. Thats where the next PM went to.

What the hell does your post have to with me? I believe that charters schools are good, and you want them shut down because why? Oh yeah, THE RICH!!!

Politicians have been taking money from business forever, everyone knows that except Tommy, he thinks it is all businesses fault that politicians cater to them.
We're talking about the UK. These schools are for the 'filthy rich'. Tommy has written above your post that in the US only poor people go to expensive schools. It is not the same here. The poorest areas get the worst education and no one wants to go and teach there. The' Public schools' which are private and places where the gentry's children would have gone if not taught by Governess. They are where the very richest put their children. It is going to public school which is the massive benefit. They are taught that they are going to be the bosses, the top people who rule the country and that they should keep away from the common people. I don't think these schools offer the opportunity for many of the kids from poor backgrounds to get a place. I hear occasionally of scholarships but they are incredibly hard to get. Now those poorer schools which they think will shut down - well they are just places trying to imitate the real public schools or have gone to ruin or something. When I read that, I saw them simply using them to try and get people like yourself to feel sorry for them. They will take people from rich families who are not rich enough to afford the real thing. They most certainly are not there to help poor kids.

In the states. Politicians in the UK have only been doing it for the past 40 years or so. It pretty much ended Democracy here which was what Mrs Thatcher wanted.

We're talking about the UK. These schools are for the 'filthy rich'. Tommy has written above your post that in the US only poor people go to expensive schools. It is not the same here. The poorest areas get the worst education and no one wants to go and teach there. The' Public schools' which are private and places where the gentry's children would have gone if not taught by Governess. They are where the very richest put their children. It is going to public school which is the massive benefit. They are taught that they are going to be the bosses, the top people who rule the country and that they should keep away from the common people. I don't think these schools offer the opportunity for many of the kids from poor backgrounds to get a place. I hear occasionally of scholarships but they are incredibly hard to get. Now those poorer schools which they think will shut down - well they are just places trying to imitate the real public schools or have gone to ruin or something. When I read that, I saw them simply using them to try and get people like yourself to feel sorry for them. They will take people from rich families who are not rich enough to afford the real thing. They most certainly are not there to help poor kids.

In the states. Politicians in the UK have only been doing it for the past 40 years or so. It pretty much ended Democracy here which was what Mrs Thatcher wanted.
Its the same in the states. I was just pointing out that he is being an idiot.

I would prefer to see them shut down. They cause so much damage to the country.the least they can do is pay some taxes.

It might mean one less skiing trip for little Lord Snooty though.

Listening to Tommy’s lie is the first mistake. Many middle class kids go to charter schools as do rich kids and also poor. Tommy is an idiot that couldn’t prove his point so he resorted to the game of trying to minimize his opponent when your opponent has you down for the count. Cowardly of him but I really don’t care how stupid he sounds.

Its the same in the states. I was just pointing out that he is being an idiot.

I would prefer to see them shut down. They cause so much damage to the country.the least they can do is pay some taxes.

It might mean one less skiing trip for little Lord Snooty though.
Look, I studied this when I did my degree many decades ago when we, the UK, Labour, were talking about ending public schools and one of the arguments was that their parents had already been taught the best way of articulating things so they would be the people who would know how to get the Government to provide what is needed for the school or even just bring it in. I just checked Eton to find out how many Scholarships they offer which is 14 but they do not pay fees. Fees are paid by bursaries to people who cannot afford to go. They have to go through everything to get that including a visit at home and then it is a proportion of the money they have. Apparently they offer 90 full bursaries. I am guessing that is for the whole school which has 1,300 pupils. There is nothing to suggest these people are not very like the usual Eton boy! But what I am noticing is that these schools seem to know now that they need to make an effort to give or they will end up finished. I am wondering about all those Social Houses you said they were building. Were they going to be cheap, very good places for poorer people to live? I think the story that is going on now is the 'Public' schools giving to the State schools. Taking away taxes may be a start though I can see things have changed since I last looked at it.

Listening to Tommy’s lie is the first mistake. Many middle class kids go to charter schools as do rich kids and also poor. Tommy is an idiot that couldn’t prove his point so he resorted to the game of trying to minimize his opponent when your opponent has you down for the count. Cowardly of him but I really don’t care how stupid he sounds.
Yes, Well it is pretty obvious that rich kids anywhere will get a good education. What I took him to be saying there is that a lot more help is given to kids in the US to get a leg up than in the UK and I am assuming that Charter schools are one of the places where kids can get that. He could of course have just been sarcastic but that didn't get me at the time. ;)

and will be shocked at the low quality of most things so will start buying them and bringing them into the school. They will want as good a standard as they had before and will work to get it both on organising fairs etc for donations and in fighting for more money from Parliament. They are the people who know how to do it and they will, to everyone's benefit.

Well you can assume that but doing more with less money usually doesn't work out that way. Shame your public schools have to rely on donations though. Maybe they will up your budgets now that they have made student loans 40 years instead of 20.

Well you can assume that but doing more with less money usually doesn't work out that way. Shame your public schools have to rely on donations though. Maybe they will up your budgets now that they have made student loans 40 years instead of 20.
Rely on donations? Eton relying on donations? Tommy has put in how much they charge for one person. There would be no need to do more with less money. The belief is that they will bring the money or the goods in - or at least that was the belief when I was doing my degree too many years ago. At that time Labour was thinking of abolishing them. It would appear that since then they have been working with stealth to try and show they are needed by doing charitable things for those unfortunates in State Schools. What we need is better social scientists coming in. The bottom line is do you believe in Democracy? If you do believe in Democracy then everyone has the opportunity of the same start. Clearly this is not the case and never has been the case. Research done around ten years ago discovered that by 5 a child born to the lowest class of people was 1 year behind those born to the richest. This was because of diet, because of what they were able to do and where they were able to go, the advantages of their nursery school and the education of the main caretaker. The main advantage of Public school is as I said earlier because they tell you, you are going to be the people who rule, the people who are top in companies and so on and teach them how they can do it. They pretty much teach them how to be a member of the aristocracy. I don't think it really goes with democracy's demand of an equal start.

Regarding your slip about student loans, where I live higher Education is free for all.

Rely on donations? Eton relying on donations? Tommy has put in how much they charge for one person. There would be no need to do more with less money. The belief is that they will bring the money or the goods in - or at least that was the belief when I was doing my degree too many years ago. At that time Labour was thinking of abolishing them. It would appear that since then they have been working with stealth to try and show they are needed by doing charitable things for those unfortunates in State Schools. What we need is better social scientists coming in. The bottom line is do you believe in Democracy? If you do believe in Democracy then everyone has the opportunity of the same start. Clearly this is not the case and never has been the case. Research done around ten years ago discovered that by 5 a child born to the lowest class of people was 1 year behind those born to the richest. This was because of diet, because of what they were able to do and where they were able to go, the advantages of their nursery school and the education of the main caretaker. The main advantage of Public school is as I said earlier because they tell you, you are going to be the people who rule, the people who are top in companies and so on and teach them how they can do it. They pretty much teach them how to be a member of the aristocracy. I don't think it really goes with democracy's demand of an equal start.

Regarding your slip about student loans, where I live higher Education is free for all.

You said "They will want as good a standard as they had before and will work to get it both on organising fairs etc for donations and in fighting for more money from Parliament." and I was responding to that. Please try to recall what you have posted. Those moms aren't going to be going all out. They were doing it to keep up appearances. Now that their Little Lord Fauntleroy is relegated to public schools, they don't need to impress the scally moms.

You said "They will want as good a standard as they had before and will work to get it both on organising fairs etc for donations and in fighting for more money from Parliament." and I was responding to that. Please try to recall what you have posted. Those moms aren't going to be going all out. They were doing it to keep up appearances. Now that their Little Lord Fauntleroy is relegated to public schools, they don't need to impress the scally moms.
These places arent closing. They are just being required to pay taxes.
Back in Medieval times the local wool merchant left some oney in their will to set up a local school. They were charities back then.

Nwadays they are corporations and the poor are mostly excluded They charges £40k+ a year. They exist to perpetuate inequality. The country would be better off without them.

Back in Medieval times the local wool merchant left some oney in their will to set up a local school. They were charities back then.

Nwadays they are corporations and the poor are mostly excluded They charges £40k+ a year. They exist to perpetuate inequality. The country would be better off without them.
Again, with your hate of those that have more than you and nothing to back up any of your claims. You are still being dishonest.

:boo_hoo14:

Yes, I think that is the problem and why just shutting them down would not work in getting them to naturally improve State schools now, whereas it would have in the late seventies into the 80's. At that time yes, they were definitely richer than most others but that was a time when Managers only earned about 4 times that of those beneath them. It is a different world. Now they would just send them to the US or Australia and that would appear to be why going after tax relief is seen as the best that can be done now.

Which poor families are paying £49k a year for schooling ?
You made the claim you back it up, because what I am reading you are dead wrong and you can't prove you are right. So link it or you are lying, go ahead.
Now, slink away like the coward you are and try to go off topic, I don't care what you do because you have been caught and proven to be an intolerant bigot that we all know you are

You made the claim you back it up, because what I am reading you are dead wrong and you can't prove you are right. So link it or you are lying, go ahead.
Now, slink away like the coward you are and try to go off topic, I don't care what you do because you have been caught and proven to be an intolerant bigot that we all know you are
I dont know why you are behaving like this. Maybe it is the weather. These schools are for the rich. I have proven this. Who is affording £40k fees when a nurse makes £31k a year ?

I dont know why you are behaving like this. Maybe it is the weather. These schools are for the rich. I have proven this. Who is affording £40k fees when a nurse makes £31k a year ?
Again, it should be easy to find the link that only millionaires and billionaires attend the private schools, just provide the link, I am not sure why you are having such an issue if it is such a well-known fact, or is it?

Again, it should be easy to find the link that only millionaires and billionaires attend the private schools, just provide the link, I am not sure why you are having such an issue if it is such a well-known fact, or is it?
Yes ,I withdraw that fact. Only folk who can afford £40k a year fees will be affected. Sigh.

Forum List

Back