Labour pledges to end charitable status of wealthy private schools.

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

I absolutely love this policy. The money raised will go to fund the state sschool sector.

The UK is hamstrung by a small elite who attended private schools. They are wealthy beyond your dreams and it is wrong that they have charitable status when they are patently not a charity.

Looking forward to these places being used to serve the public.

I absolutely love this policy. The money raised will go to fund the state sschool sector.

The UK is hamstrung by a small elite who attended private schools. They are wealthy beyond your dreams and it is wrong that they have charitable status when they are patently not a charity.

Tammy. Private schools churn out the producers of the world. Your future

You messed up being a peasant slave. Look what the state produced with you. A premature ejaculation

Your country is still 97% white, just the way you like it.

Of course you love it, but if it were to happen, which it won't, then the wealthy beyond your dream schools will just become even more exclusive and small marginal income families' private schools will go under. The wealthy will just prepay to avoid the tax in the short-term, and then pay it when the time came. The less than wealthy wouldn't be able to do either and the public schools will be hit with a lot more students and expenses.

Of course you love it, but if it were to happen, which it won't, then the wealthy beyond your dream schools will just become even more exclusive and small marginal income families' private schools will go under. The wealthy will just prepay to avoid the tax in the short-term, and then pay it when the time came. The less than wealthy wouldn't be able to do either and the public schools will be hit with a lot more students and expenses.
Nobody is closing these places down.

they are just proposing that they do not require poor people to subsiidise their activities.

Why should thee guy working in Macdonalds subsidise the hedge fund managers kids when his own children atruggle in underfunded schools ?

How is that equitable ? As Americans you should believe in a meritocracy not an archaicsystem of feudal entitlement.

The elite will have no problem with the added tax, the article mentions that the less affluent will now have less choices. The less money you have the less choices you have and the less opportunity to move up. Sad, day for those with less.

Nobody is closing these places down.

they are just proposing that they do not require poor people to subsiidise their activities.

Why should thee guy working in Macdonalds subsidise the hedge fund managers kids when his own children atruggle in underfunded schools ?

How is that equitable ? As Americans you should believe in a meritocracy not an archaicsystem of feudal entitlement.

You aren't subsidizing them by not taxing tuition anymore than they aren't subsidizing you by not taxing you on some things. The money is already taxed when the Eton dad earns it.

And yes, the marginal private schools will in fact be forced to close if the parents suddenly have to pay 20% more for their child to attend due to the VAT. That will put those students into public schools which will in turn increase the cost of your school system for more teachers, space, etc.

You aren't subsidizing them by not taxing tuition anymore than they aren't subsidizing you by not taxing you on some things. The money is already taxed when the Eton dad earns it.

And yes, the marginal private schools will in fact be forced to close if the parents suddenly have to pay 20% more for their child to attend due to the VAT. That will put those students into public schools which will in turn increase the cost of your school system for more teachers, space, etc.
Eton is involved in a £300m property deal on its land. It will not attract any tax. It gives them a ccommercial advantage over proper builders. They charge £46k per term. They should not have any helping hand from the tax payer.

The elite will have no problem with the added tax, the article mentions that the less affluent will now have less choices. The less money you have the less choices you have and the less opportunity to move up. Sad, day for those with less.
Then they will have a greater incentive to invest in state schooling. Tories dont give a shit about schools that their kids dont attend.
Fuck em. If they want tarquin to go to private school they can pay the tax on it.
It isnt a charity, its a business. .

Eton is involved in a £300m property deal on its land. It will not attract any tax. It gives them a ccommercial advantage over proper builders. They charge £46k per term. They should not have any helping hand from the tax payer.

But the VAT proposal isn't a tax on Eton. It is a tax on families who go there.

Then they will have a greater incentive to invest in state schooling. Tories dont give a shit about schools that their kids dont attend.
Fuck em. If they want tarquin to go to private school they can pay the tax on it.
It isnt a charity, its a business. .
I just pointed out who is going to be affected the most with this tax, it will be the less affluent, which limit their opportunities in the future. Your retort has nothing to do with my post. Your hate for those that have it better than you is pretty hostile. My mother-in-law has worked hard and has amassed a small fortune but hates anyone that has more than her, typical of the lefty mindset.

I just pointed out who is going to be affected the most with this tax, it will be the less affluent, which limit their opportunities in the future. Your retort has nothing ato do with my post. Your hate for those that have it better than you is pretty hostile. My mother-in-law has worked hard and has amassed a small fortune but hates anyone that has more than her, typical of the lefty mindset.
Less zffluent people dont send their kids to private schools. You would think that as charities they would take in the poor and give them a leg up. That is charitable. They dont.

I saw nothing in the article to support your claim that the schools are wealthy.

Less zffluent people dont send their kids to private schools. You would think that as charities they would take in the poor and give them a leg up. That is charitable. They dont.
Then why the hell did the article you quote mention it? You are in spin mode, so again you are caught in another dishonest lie.

So, you are just assuming since the schools have rich students that they are also rich?
It is my observation after a lifetime of living here. These schools are designed to keep out poor people apart from a token number to qualify for chritable status.
You are welcome to find one of these places that is affordable. Good luck with that.

Forum List

Back