Starbucks implements gun-free zones in stores - and gets robbed at gunpoint

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QjZY3WiO9s]Proof that Concealed Carry permit holders live in a dream world, Part One - YouTube[/ame]

Yea because one of you coffe drinking Rambos would have stopped him.:) more likely you would have shot yourself in the leg.

I wouldn't. The guy was robbing the store not me.

Maybe the guy didn't know it was a gun free zone

Yep, maybe they need bigger signs, that should do it.

Or perhaps they just need to word them more STRONGLY... yeah... that'll do the trick.

Maybe they just need clearer ones.

nocarry.png

Why in the fuck would the CEO of Starbucks want his employees or his patrons to engage in a shoot out where his employee or his customers could be shot and killed over what, 200 dollars? (If that much)

You gun nutters, is that ALL you life is worth; a couple hundred dollars? (if that much)

I don't know how many millions of dollars a year the CEO makes, but he is a lot smarter than you gun nuts as well as making more money. I even would bet he votes Democrat.

Do they even have Starbucks in Podunk, America where you gun nutters live? Or do you get your coffee from a jar? That Folgers ain't bad is it? Add two scoops for an "espresso". LMAO.

looks like starbucks is finding out the hard way: When you ban people who obey laws and rule, from carrying guns in your stores, people who don't obey laws and rules come in with guns.

But the leftists will continue to insist, their laws will work if only we have enough of them. When they fail, that's simply a sign we need more.

-----------------------------------------

blog: How's that gun-free zone working out for starbucks?

how's that gun-free zone working out for starbucks?

By thomas lifson
december 19, 2013

three months ago, starbucks' ceo howard schultz proudly announced a gun-free zone policy for his company's stores.

So, how's it working out? Kktv tv in colorado springs reports:

police are searching for a man who held up at colorado springs starbucks sunday morning.

Employees told officers that after the suspect walled in, he pulled out a gun and demanded money from the register. He left after employees gave him money. No one was injured.

The suspect is described as a black man in his early-to-mid 20s, slim and about 6 feet tall to 6-foot-2. He was dressed in all black. Police say he may have left the area in a black subaru-style vehicle.

----------------------------------------

Yea because one of you coffe drinking Rambos would have stopped him.:) more likely you would have shot yourself in the leg.
Don't underestimate the capability of your fellow citizens, many of us do have CCW permits and have had extensive training beforehand.

About a decade ago, I was inside a Big Lots store in Tulsa when two armed men attempted to rob the place at gunpoint. Before they could get any money, a customer was able to fire several rounds at the two suspects. Both were wounded, however I recall one still got away, but was subsequently arrested. No one was hurt except for the two suspects, so all ended well given that both wound up in police custody.

Don't underestimate the capability of your fellow citizens, many of us do have CCW permits and have had extensive training beforehand.

Jughead, you need to view this video. The incident you witnessed is not typical. Take your blinders off.

Last edited:
So jug, if this customer had been shot and killed, would it have been worth his trying to save the money of a company that he didn't even own?

Would Big Lots have taken care of this persons family for their entire lives IF the customer had been shot and killed intervening in a robbery of a store that isn't his store?

I know it sounds like such a good idea, you know, playing Rambo simply because you are carrying.

But is it really such a good idea to put your life on the line over a robbery you just happened to come on?

As robbers become more desperate, will it become common knowledge among robbers that BEFORE you start to rob a store, shoot everyone inside first, cause you just don't know who will be carrying.

Seems like a reasonable precaution from the robbers POV.

And very hard for you gun nutters to stop from happening. Surprise works to the advantage of the robber. Before you ever go for your gun, you get shot. Then what you gonna do? Call 911?

Looks like Starbucks is finding out the hard way: When you ban people who obey laws and rule, from carrying guns in your stores, people who DON'T obey laws and rules come in with guns.

But the leftists will continue to insist, their laws will work if only we have enough of them. WHen they fail, that's simply a sign we need more.

Blog: How's that gun-free zone working out for Starbucks?

How's that gun-free zone working out for Starbucks?

by Thomas Lifson
December 19, 2013

Three months ago, Starbucks' CEO Howard Schultz proudly announced a gun-free zone policy for his company's stores.

So, how's it working out? KKTV TV in Colorado Springs reports:

Police are searching for a man who held up at Colorado Springs Starbucks Sunday morning.

Employees told officers that after the suspect walled in, he pulled out a gun and demanded money from the register. He left after employees gave him money. No one was injured.

The suspect is described as a black man in his early-to-mid 20s, slim and about 6 feet tall to 6-foot-2. He was dressed in all black. Police say he may have left the area in a black Subaru-style vehicle.

"He left after employees gave him money. No one was injured."

So what does this tell us?

What business would not want to hand over a couple hundred bucks to some lowlife to prevent a shootout in their store?

If I hear a store was robbed, I will probably continue to shop there

If I hear someone was shot and killed in that store, I will probably avoid it

I recently completed 16 hours of firearms training from a State Police certified instructor.

We were given a similar scenario to contemplate. The instructor's advice was to flee the situation and call 9-1-1. He further advised us that IF we chose to confront the perpetrator, we should get his/her attention until they faced us front-on. Only then can one shoot to kill.

This is the responsibility of lawfully carrying and using a concealed firearm.

To a perpetrator, there is no responsibility nor are there laws.

Now you choose who's side you are on...

Well I was given 13 weeks of basic training numbnuts. Have you ever seen someone bleeding to death from a stomach wound asshole?

That's MISTER numbnuts to you, bub.

I disregard "Gun Free Zone" signs every where I go.
I don't believe the "Bad Guys" are following the rule either.
Fuck 'em.

Many thousands, such as myself, possess concealed weapons permits and as such, I will not comply with their "weapons free zone." What are they going to do....frisk everyone that walks in?!
As long as we're not robbing them and bothering the staff or other customers, it's none of their business who is carrying and who isn't.

of course they do not. there is also no responsibility for violating such a "rule", so who cares.

I would not bother to protect the store from the robbery - it is safer for you not to engage in something which is not a danger to YOUR life, and that is the first rule you learn while applying for CCW permit :D

Looks like Starbucks is finding out the hard way: When you ban people who obey laws and rule, from carrying guns in your stores, people who DON'T obey laws and rules come in with guns.

But the leftists will continue to insist, their laws will work if only we have enough of them. WHen they fail, that's simply a sign we need more.

by Thomas Lifson
December 19, 2013

Three months ago, Starbucks' CEO Howard Schultz proudly announced a gun-free zone policy for his company's stores.

Police are searching for a man who held up at Colorado Springs Starbucks Sunday morning.

The suspect is described as a black man in his early-to-mid 20s, slim and about 6 feet tall to 6-foot-2. He was dressed in all black. Police say he may have left the area in a black Subaru-style vehicle.

Critical thinking is not your forte, is it L-A? For the rest of us, and especially those of us who have had a cup of coffee in one of their shops, the fact that no one got hurt is good. You, on the other hand seem to think a shoot-out - or the risk of one - in a retail shop was the way to go.

I can't think of a greater horror than two armed and untrained persons attempting to shoot-it-out in a public place. Even resting on a bench most shooters rarely hit the target near the spot they aim - in high stress situations most will not come near the target.

I'm sure by now everyone has discovered there is no "gun free zone" in Starbucks

actually quite a few of my friends and me included stop going to Starbucks after it was declared a gun free zone.
not because I want to punish the owners, they have the right to have their own rules, but because Starbucks just declared that it is not safe anymore.
I don't want to risk and go to the stupid gun-free zone which is a sole unifying factor for any mass shooting spree in the US.

Last edited:

by Thomas Lifson
December 19, 2013

Post hoc ergo propter hoc

First time they were ever robbed was it? Your false equivilency is showing.

I'm sure by now everyone has discovered there is no "gun free zone" in Starbucks

actually quite a few of my friends and me included stop going to Starbucks after it was declared a gun free zone.

Are you deaf?

There is no gun free zone in Starbucks. Additionally you have shown you are intolerant for hurting Starbucks by not going there. Thats the new standard of intolerance now, you must keep going places you dont like

Why in the fuck would the CEO of Starbucks want his employees or his patrons to engage in a shoot out where his employee or his customers could be shot and killed over what, 200 dollars? (If that much)

You gun nutters, is that ALL you life is worth; a couple hundred dollars? (if that much)

I don't know how many millions of dollars a year the CEO makes, but he is a lot smarter than you gun nuts as well as making more money. I even would bet he votes Democrat.

Do they even have Starbucks in Podunk, America where you gun nutters live? Or do you get your coffee from a jar? That Folgers ain't bad is it? Add two scoops for an "espresso". LMAO.
Then why don't you and all your anti gun NUTTER friends just get VICTIM tattooed on your fucking FORE HEAD.

Because ya know what, you just invited criminals to CONTINUE to ROB you because you're too STUPID to ARM yourselves.

Sheeezuz Christ, you people must have some sort of mental fucking BLOCK against simple LOGIC.

Are you deaf?

There is no gun free zone in Starbucks. Additionally you have shown you are intolerant for hurting Starbucks by not going there. Thats the new standard of intolerance now, you must keep going places you dont like

you stupid leftard, you don't know how to read?

I show my tolerance where I spend MY bucks, not where the idiots would like me to.

Forum List

Back