St. Louis couple defends their house from protestors, with guns. Do you support "stand your ground laws"?

Do you support "stand your ground laws"?

• Yes

Votes: 54 91.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters
No,
Well tell the DA that then.
It wasn't a crime in that case.
They had a mob trespassing on their property.

§ 18.2-282. Pointing, holding, or brandishing firearm, air or gas operated weapon or object similar in appearance; penalty.
A. It shall be unlawful for any person to point, hold or brandish any firearm or any air or gas operated weapon or any object similar in appearance, whether capable of being fired or not, in such manner as to reasonably induce fear in the mind of another or hold a firearm or any air or gas operated weapon in a public place in such a manner as to reasonably induce fear in the mind of another of being shot or injured.

They are not authorized to use deadly force against outdoor trespass, therefore there is no authorization to brandish a weapon they are prohibited from using.
It's not my problem.
What is not your problem? You said "It wasn't a crime" - now you see it is a crime.
No, I see that YOU believe it's a crime, and that's your problem, not mine.
I wouldn't care if they shot all of them; they ain't my people.
It is all over the world everywhere a crime to threaten someone with a weapon. Maybe except in regions of the world, where criminals take care no one is able to make laws against such a crime.

laws vary with the states in the USA------The woman with the gun was protecting her house from trespassers who in her view seemed threatening. In some states that is
legal

Maybe legal - I don't know - but in a criminal contradiction to the value "freedom of opinion". No one has any right to threaten demonstrants with a weapon. And I do not see any case of self defense in the absurde and criminal behavior of this two people. And how they hold their weapons is per se criminal and a reason not to allow them any longer to own any weapon.
I think you're just offended by the idea of people being able to defend themselves.

Offended by what? ... Do you think this two people are able to defend themselves? ... Perhaps possible, but I doubt about. ... For sure they provoke.
I think it bothers you that some folks can take care of themselves. Something about that seems to really disturb you.

Have you thought about why that is?

Counterquestion: Why what is? Your ideas about me? No idea. Do you really think this two people are able to take care of themselves? What would had happened, if they had shot?
Why are you dodging the question?
no comment

Did you ever consider the possibility that the reason violent crimes did go down (since the 90's) is because we are armed?

The country before the 90's had an estimated 300 million firearms.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation estimated 2018 sales at 13.1 million firearms.

Additional firearms represented just a small fraction of those already in peoples hands, hence their impact wouldn't account for the drop in crime.

The impact was not the amount of guns, the impact were those states who not only adopted CCW laws, but created legislation to protect those who do use deadly force.

In other words I would have no problem using my firearm for protection in my state. That's because along with CCW laws, our legislatures wrote laws that protect us from prosecution in the event we have to use it. However if we had reciprocity in New York city for example, I would not take my firearm with me. While they were forced by the courts to allow armed citizens, their laws do not give me the same protection in using deadly force that I have in Ohio. Having CCW licenses is only as good as the laws that protect them.
Which is why we need a national CCW Law that protects lawful gun owners, a concealed carry permit good in one state should be good anywhere in the US.

No,

§ 18.2-282. Pointing, holding, or brandishing firearm, air or gas operated weapon or object similar in appearance; penalty.
A. It shall be unlawful for any person to point, hold or brandish any firearm or any air or gas operated weapon or any object similar in appearance, whether capable of being fired or not, in such manner as to reasonably induce fear in the mind of another or hold a firearm or any air or gas operated weapon in a public place in such a manner as to reasonably induce fear in the mind of another of being shot or injured.

They are not authorized to use deadly force against outdoor trespass, therefore there is no authorization to brandish a weapon they are prohibited from using.
It's not my problem.
What is not your problem? You said "It wasn't a crime" - now you see it is a crime.
It is all over the world everywhere a crime to threaten someone with a weapon. Maybe except in regions of the world, where criminals take care no one is able to make laws against such a crime.
I don't care.

Sure you don't take care - or better to say: You take care that no one has to take care. By the way: Did you ever hear something about that freedom and responsiblity are the two sides of the same coin? The other side from "I don't take care" is hell on earth.

Beautiful song,
Danke!

No,

It's not my problem.

laws vary with the states in the USA------The woman with the gun was protecting her house from trespassers who in her view seemed threatening. In some states that is
legal

Maybe legal - I don't know - but in a criminal contradiction to the value "freedom of opinion". No one has any right to threaten demonstrants with a weapon. And I do not see any case of self defense in the absurde and criminal behavior of this two people. And how they hold their weapons is per se criminal and a reason not to allow them any longer to own any weapon.
You're entitled to your "opinion".
But here in the US the Laws decide issues.
1. The McClosky's have every right to hold guns and to let the protesters know that their property will be defended, legally as allowed by law.
2. The "demonstrators" were trespassing on private property, that is criminal behavior
3. The McClosky's are NOT criminal in any way, they are well within the law, especially the "2nd Amendment", "stand your ground" and the "castle doctrine" which you seem unwilling or unable to comprehend.

Sure you can, the criminal is the one committing a crime.
Does that include the crime of brandishing?

View attachment 359944

This picture shows very well that both persons are disqualified to use weapons. Even in a safe mode no one holds a barrel direction anyone, who could be unintentionally wounded. If a nervous policeman had shot them down, then this would be easily understandable.
As Americans they are not subject to reproach from foreigners like you

Sure - bad influence - your weapons could start to rust.

clearly the woman didnt know what she was doing

but thats no business of yours

Everything around the zoo USA is my business. Someone could escape and enter the civilized world. By the way - is Richard Grenell back in your country?
I repeat

you have no standing on American issues

No,

It's not my problem.

legal

Maybe legal - I don't know - but in a criminal contradiction to the value "freedom of opinion". No one has any right to threaten demonstrants with a weapon. And I do not see any case of self defense in the absurd and criminal behavior of this two people. And how they hold their weapons is per se criminal and a reason not to allow them any longer to own any weapon.

depends on the state----trespass is a VERY serious issue in some states. Remember ---la la la They say dont go on Wolvorton Mountain, if yer lookin' for a bride.......https://youtu.be/TehoxDrN9Tw

Remember LAWRENCE OF ARABIA ?----
Omar Sharif shot the other guy just for drinking water at his well

a personal anecdote-----my brother was. years ago---the unwilling
foreman of a Jury in a murder trial OUT WEST. The issue was a stabbing.
The stabbed guy RODE UP on the land of the stabber and they argued. ---
somehow in the course of the arguement the owner of the land STABBED
the guy in the car-----the guy in the car drove away until he dropped dead
of blood loss. -----etc etc etc-----the stabber had to be acquitted because it
happened ON HIS LAND and the stabbee was a trespasser-----well that's
how they it was adjudicated at the direction of the Judge. In that state----
they really take trespass SERIOUSLY. There was no race issue

Did you ever consider the possibility that the reason violent crimes did go down (since the 90's) is because we are armed?

The National Shooting Sports Foundation estimated 2018 sales at 13.1 million firearms.

Additional firearms represented just a small fraction of those already in peoples hands, hence their impact wouldn't account for the drop in crime.

The impact was not the amount of guns, the impact were those states who not only adopted CCW laws, but created legislation to protect those who do use deadly force.

In other words I would have no problem using my firearm for protection in my state. That's because along with CCW laws, our legislatures wrote laws that protect us from prosecution in the event we have to use it. However if we had reciprocity in New York city for example, I would not take my firearm with me. While they were forced by the courts to allow armed citizens, their laws do not give me the same protection in using deadly force that I have in Ohio. Having CCW licenses is only as good as the laws that protect them.
Which is why we need a national CCW Law that protects lawful gun owners, a concealed carry permit good in one state should be good anywhere in the US.

I don't know about that because some states don't require any training to get a license. I'm skeptical about somebody who may have never fired a gun in their life to be around me if something goes down and they have no idea WTF they're doing.

In the past I have been to the range and some stupid kids who are there carelessly firing a gun and laughing about their stupidity. One time they shot a round into the ceiling of their booth. I know what the people in my state had to go through to get a license, so I'm more confident they take carrying and using a firearm seriously.

No,

It's not my problem.

legal

Why do you keep calling them criminals when it's been repeatedly pointed out to you they committed no crime?

I don't know about that because some states don't require any training to get a license. I'm skeptical about somebody who may have never fired a gun in their life to be around me if something goes down and they have no idea WTF they're doing.

In the past I have been to the range and some stupid kids who are there carelessly firing a gun and laughing about their stupidity. One time they shot a round into the ceiling of their booth. I know what the people in my state had to go through to get a license, so I'm more confident they take carrying and using a firearm seriously.
Certified training could be part of the Fed Bill, whatever it takes.
My point is that just driving thru a "no gun" state can lead to prison term.
A Philadelphia mother of two who obtained the necessary permits to carry a gun in Pennsylvania and was arrested in New Jersey for unlawful possession of a weapon is now facing three years in prison.

Luckily she was pardoned by Christie.

Missouri is a "stand your ground" state. People have the right to defend their home and property, period. ...

Arrest both lawyers and throw them into prison. No one has any right to threaten others with guns, who use their right of free opinion
1. The Law and 2nd Amendment says that the homeowners have every right to defend their home and property, read the links on "stand your ground" and the "castle doctrine".
2. The protesters broke into private property, were trespassing, and threatened the homeowners.
3. You're wrong, this is the US, not the EU.
Arrest both criminals - except they acted on reason of self-defense, what I doubt. I think they demonstrated with weapons in their hands for the own opinion and against the opinion of others. That's no way to discuss. That's criminal.

What crime did they commit? Maybe in your country it's a crime, but over here it's a right.

Do you like to wait until someone starts to fire with a gun or an assault rifle into a crowd of demonstrating people? That's mad! How long had he needed with his war weapon to kill how many people within what short time span?

If they fired into the crowd they would have been arrested. If people from that group started to approach them, then they would have had every reason to believe their safety was in jeopardy which would have legally given them the ability to use deadly force.

What would you call a person walking through the crowd onto the persons property attempting to deliver the mail? And they point their guns at the mailman?

That's a crime both state and federal.
A mailman does not present a threat. A mob does, especially when they are screaming and yelling their intentions. That is a threat, and the family reserves every legal right to react to such a threat.
Once more, the only one's presenting a "threat" are those that break the law. If a woman with a stroller is in the crowd can you shoot the baby?

Ridiculous scenario. Why would a woman with a baby in a stroller be with a mob?

What would you call a person walking through the crowd onto the persons property attempting to deliver the mail? And they point their guns at the mailman?

That's a crime both state and federal.
A mailman does not present a threat. A mob does, especially when they are screaming and yelling their intentions. That is a threat, and the family reserves every legal right to react to such a threat.
Once more, the only one's presenting a "threat" are those that break the law. If a woman with a stroller is in the crowd can you shoot the baby?

you haven't been around much. When bullets fly----no matter how the guns are aimed----if there are children around----it is not only possible, it is likely that one will find its way into a child's head. WHY YOU ASK? well---you didn't ask but I will help you to understand this horror. Bullets are subject to GRAVITY as the fly around. ----
they tend to hit objects low down-----like the relative to body mass ---large head of a child. The criminals are the criminals-----the FIRST BREAKERS OF THE LAW---and responsible for all BAD OUTCOMES.

A Philadelphia mother of two who obtained the necessary permits to carry a gun in Pennsylvania and was arrested in New Jersey for unlawful possession of a weapon is now facing three years in prison.

Perfect example. In our 10 hour class, it was covered repeatedly about taking firearms or your license to another state. You need to go to their web site to see if your license is acceptable there, and if carrying in your car, if that's acceptable in the states you are driving through to reach your destination.

Even if it is, the state still gets to create their own laws for carriers. A few years ago, we allowed CCW holders to enter restaurants and bars that serve alcohol providing you do not touch a drop. Now if I don't check out the laws in PA or NJ and stop at an Applebee's for dinner, I could be arrested because carried my gun into an establishment that served alcohol even if I nor anybody at my table were drinking alcohol.

So not only do you need to know if your license has reciprocity in another state, you need to carefully study their laws as well to stay out of trouble. Possessing a CCW license comes with a lot of responsibility, and we don't need to have a federal license because some don't exercise that responsibility.

Perfect example. In our 10 hour class, it was covered repeatedly about taking firearms or your license to another state. You need to go to their web site to see if your license is acceptable there, and if carrying in your car, if that's acceptable in the states you are driving through to reach your destination.

Even if it is, the state still gets to create their own laws for carriers. A few years ago, we allowed CCW holders to enter restaurants and bars that serve alcohol providing you do not touch a drop. Now if I don't check out the laws in PA or NJ and stop at an Applebee's for dinner, I could be arrested because carried my gun into an establishment that served alcohol even if I nor anybody at my table were drinking alcohol.

So not only do you need to know if your license has reciprocity in another state, you need to carefully study their laws as well to stay out of trouble. Possessing a CCW license comes with a lot of responsibility, and we don't need to have a federal license because some don't exercise that responsibility.
Its weird we disagree on this issue.
1. I prefer Federal Law to say a CCW permit in one municipality is valid nationwide, with exceptions...
2. CCW permits are NOT valid in bars or restaurants where alcoholic beverages are sold. (as an example)

There needs to be some uniformity across state lines or law-abiding permit holders are risking prison, especially in blue states,

Missouri is a "stand your ground" state. People have the right to defend their home and property, period.
View attachment 357308

Even though the Leftist MSM wants legal action against the McClosky's for threatening "peaceful protestors", the law is on their side.

Do you support "stand your ground laws"? (poll)
You're free to show us all where any of those protesters were anything other than peacefully walking through the neighborhood.
that wasn't a neighborhood. it was private property. if you have zero respect for others property and accomplishments then don't expect for anyone to respect anything of yours.

now you're free to explain why you are condoning the violence going on right now.
that wasn't a neighborhood. it was private property. if you have zero respect for others property and accomplishments then don't expect for anyone to respect anything of yours.

now you're free to explain why you are condoning the violence going on right now.

It was a neighborhood, dope. They were marching to the mayor's home. There was no violence to condone.

They issued threats against the life of the homeowners and their dog. Threatening to KILL someone while on their property can be a fatal move...
They issued threats against the life of the homeowners and their dog. Threatening to KILL someone while on their property can be a fatal move.

Liar.
Anything said by the protesters was in response to the homeowner's actions. No one told them to let their dogs out to intimidate marchers.
Had they remained indoors, the crowd would have passed without incident. Just as it had for the rest of the 9 mile march.
Even their neighbors thought they were idiots.
how the fuck do you know this for a fact? you don't. you're just propping up your bullshit stick with someone elses bullshit and having some symbiotic bullshit stick moment when everyone ones how full of shit you really are.
how the fuck do you know this for a fact?
Derp...
I see you can niether read or think for yourself.
It was a nine mile march to the mayor's home. This one and only incident happened within the last mile and was precipitated by the overreacting homeowners.
The enirety of the march was indeed without incident. None of the neighbors felt threatened or saw a cause for concern.
In fact, they thought the gun brandishers were idiots.

BULLDOG does not believe that humans have a right to self defense with the use of a a firearm.

This is why ALL OF YOU must NEVER take their word. They DO want ALL of your guns, PERIOD!!!
Funny that none of the other neighbors felt like they needed to defend themselves.They actually think these two are idiots.
So? If your neighbors drink poisoned Kool Aid are you going to drink it?
I wouldn't equate pointing guns at protesters with drinking poison koolaid but of course the neighbors would do neither idiotic thing.
Well, that's you. What are these scum protesting in a gated community?
Well, that's you.
Sure is. I'm neither an idiot who is afraid of protesters or a pussy who needs to point guns at them.
You didn't quote my entire post, you coward. What are these scum protesting on the streets of innocent civilians?
You didn't quote my entire post, you coward.
So what? It's not required. I respond to what I think is important.
The protesters are innocent civilians, dope.
and what the fuck are the homeowners watching a crowd of people break down their gate, trespass on their property and threaten them and their dog?

you are just a fucking doosh-d-lux out of use fucknugget asshole.
and what the fuck are the homeowners watching a crowd of people break down their gate, trespass on their property and threaten them and their dog?
Liar.
I've posted the video of marchers passing through a very intact gate while the gun nuts were threatening the marchers. Anything said to them was a result of being threatened with dogs and firearms.
i posted pics of a smashed gate.

was it or was it not private property they were going through?
has there or has there NOT been a shitton of violence in st louis?

you keep dismissing violent act after violent act and every protested busted for violence you say is simply misunderstood. so far in your eyes NO PROTEST HAS BEEN VIOLENT.

pray tell then sir fuckupsalot, who is being violent that we see so much of?

suck on your bullshit stick son.
Good for you. Who broke it, dope?
They were not reacting to a "mob that broke down their gate". They were overreacting to a group of scary black marchers.
Funny that no one else the entire day had a problem.
There was no violence to dismiss, dope.

BULLDOG does not believe that humans have a right to self defense with the use of a a firearm.

This is why ALL OF YOU must NEVER take their word. They DO want ALL of your guns, PERIOD!!!
Funny that none of the other neighbors felt like they needed to defend themselves.They actually think these two are idiots.
I wouldn't equate pointing guns at protesters with drinking poison koolaid but of course the neighbors would do neither idiotic thing.
Well, that's you.
Sure is. I'm neither an idiot who is afraid of protesters or a pussy who needs to point guns at them.
You didn't quote my entire post, you coward. What are these scum protesting on the streets of innocent civilians?

Liar.
I've posted the video of marchers passing through a very intact gate while the gun nuts were threatening the marchers. Anything said to them was a result of being threatened with dogs and firearms.

you keep dismissing violent act after violent act and every protested busted for violence you say is simply misunderstood. so far in your eyes NO PROTEST HAS BEEN VIOLENT.

They were not reacting to a "mob that broke down their gate". They were overreacting to a group of scary black marchers.

you have no idea if other people along the way or in the housing complex
"had a problem" with the jerky exhibitionist marchers

Well, that's you.

Liar.

no one else had a problem because the rioters got repelled by the couple before they could get into the area,,,

Its weird we disagree on this issue.
1. I prefer Federal Law to say a CCW permit in one municipality is valid nationwide, with exceptions...
2. CCW permits are NOT valid in bars or restaurants where alcoholic beverages are sold. (as an example)

There needs to be some uniformity across state lines or law-abiding permit holders are risking prison, especially in blue states,

There is actually, for instance there are many states where their CCW's are recognized in our state, and vice-versa. Take Utah for example. There is no training or background check to carry there. We don't want an untrained carrier in our state unless we are assured they know how to handle that weapon, and had training on downrange and other safety procedures.

So if the politicians in each state work together as they have, eventually we may have licenses that are accepted in most if not all states. But again, you can't make national laws, so you still need to study those. I would never dream of taking my gun and license to a place like NJ or NY, because even if you kill somebody in self-defense, you could still be arrested and charged in those commie states.

Well, that's you.
No, you didn't respond because you can't. What are they protesting in that neighborhood? Those people haven't done anything. Idiot.
No, you didn't respond because you can't. What are they protesting in that neighborhood? Those people haven't done anything. Idiot.
I didnt respond because it's retarded and irrelevant.
They were passing through the neighborhood enroute to the mayor's home, dope.
It was a 9 mile protest march.

Then why didn't they keep marching to his house? According to the victim, the Mayor doesn't even live in that community.
Then why didn't they keep marching to his house? According to the victim, the Mayor doesn't even live in that community.
They did, dope. They were passing through.

Forum List

Back