Spielberg intentionally released new West Side Story with no subtitles for Spanish Dialogue.

Those that want to virtue signal about it sure.
No. Maybe this is a foreign idea to an apoplectic snowflake who forgot how NOT to make mountains out of molehill, but many people actually do not mind.

Good news is, middle America can turn 9n the subtitles when streaming it later.

Problem solved. Onto the next tantrum...

No. Maybe this is a foreign idea to an apoplectic snowflake who forgot how NOT to make mountains out of molehill, but many people actually do not mind.

Good news is, middle America can turn 9n the subtitles when streaming it later.

Problem solved. Onto the next tantrum...
I don't see any tantrums.
I see people, like me, laughing at the stupidity of releasing a movie that 3/4 of the audience doesn't know what is happening and then being surprised it is failing.
Good stuff

I don't see any tantrums.
I see people, like me, laughing at the stupidity of releasing a movie that 3/4 of the audience doesn't know what is happening and then being surprised it is failing.
Good stuff
Cute logic! So the people that went and got disappointed got their money back? You conflate your own ginned up tantrum with the real reasons it bombed.

Oh, God, I wonder if you are right: just as it's racist to be white now, it's also racist to speak English?

Yep, that's what's going on here.
It's the next thing.
They have to keep finding new things to be intolerant about...
So yes... you know...English is primarily a white language... so fuck man... we need to protest it!!!
"DOWN WITH ENGLISH!!"".... oh wait I said that in English... :confused:

It's the next thing.
They have to keep finding new things to be intolerant about...
So yes... you know...English is primarily a white language... so fuck man... we need to protest it!!!
"DOWN WITH ENGLISH!!"".... oh wait I said that in English... :confused:
Spielberg was just ahead of the curve. He was Woke enough to get it --- early.

Spielberg was just ahead of the curve. He was Woke enough to get it --- early.
I know right?... I should actually be thankful for the folks here who were trying to tell me that wanting to understand a movie is racist and watching a movie in all English, or wanting English subtitles is white privilege.
Movies should be more inclusive!... like make a movie in 23 languages!!! Wow!! I feel inspired already!! I think I will dye my hair green now!

I am going to go out on a limb here:

The list of angry white people complaining about this and the list of white people who would never go see this movie anyway have a 100% overlap, give or take 0%.

Forum List

Back