Go Woke lose close to 200 million dollars...Spielberg's Woke "West Side Story," bombs, bigly, at the box office...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Good analysis by one of the best critics out there.....John Nolte...

Here you have a classic piece of Americana, a beloved property, an iconic chunk of our shared culture that not only won ten Oscars, including Best Picture but is also still beloved; and like some superior, smug jerk straight out of Orwell’s 1984, Spielberg decides he needs to correct something that, by any moral measure, does not need correcting.

Even what the fascist woketards see as the original movie’s greatest sin — casting Natalie Wood as Maria — is nothing less than a crybaby lament. There was nothing at all immoral about that casting choice. On the contrary, Natalie Wood’s portrayal was perfectly respectful.

The result? To the surprise of no one who understands human nature, Spielberg’s “correction,” which cost $100 million to produce and at least as much to promote, is a box office catastrophe.

----
Woke is a lie, and when art lies, it fails. In order to succeed, art must, in some way, speak to a larger truth; even if it’s a truth as generalized as our human desire for revenge, truth matters. Once you go woke, once you violate human nature (especially with biology and sexuality), you’ve created propaganda, which is as disposable and forgettable and boring as a used tissue.

Woke is so destructive, entire IPs are getting wiped out at the box office. Full-fledged franchises are now dead… Woke has destroyed one golden goose after another…

Good analysis by one of the best critics out there.....John Nolte...

Here you have a classic piece of Americana, a beloved property, an iconic chunk of our shared culture that not only won ten Oscars, including Best Picture but is also still beloved; and like some superior, smug jerk straight out of Orwell’s 1984, Spielberg decides he needs to correct something that, by any moral measure, does not need correcting.

Even what the fascist woketards see as the original movie’s greatest sin — casting Natalie Wood as Maria — is nothing less than a crybaby lament. There was nothing at all immoral about that casting choice. On the contrary, Natalie Wood’s portrayal was perfectly respectful.

The result? To the surprise of no one who understands human nature, Spielberg’s “correction,” which cost $100 million to produce and at least as much to promote, is a box office catastrophe.

----
Woke is a lie, and when art lies, it fails. In order to succeed, art must, in some way, speak to a larger truth; even if it’s a truth as generalized as our human desire for revenge, truth matters. Once you go woke, once you violate human nature (especially with biology and sexuality), you’ve created propaganda, which is as disposable and forgettable and boring as a used tissue.

Woke is so destructive, entire IPs are getting wiped out at the box office. Full-fledged franchises are now dead… Woke has destroyed one golden goose after another…

Not surprised, considering most leftists are far too scared to go to a movie theater.

Another Spielberg flop, nothing new for Speilberg..I myself don't really care to see any old musicals because I didn't like them then and I don't now, even the off-Broadway productions I was a cast member of.

Spielberg was one of the most successful film directors ever. Maybe he should retire?

Another Spielberg flop, nothing new for Speilberg..I myself don't really care to see any old musicals because I didn't like them then and I don't now, even the off-Broadway productions I was a cast member of.

Also, Fauci would not want you to go into a movie theater where you would be around other people. Just stay home and be quiet.

The article says the movie is failing because "Woke is a lie, and when art lies, it fails. In order to succeed, art must, in some way, speak to a larger truth... "

Good, but I think there's another issue, the one I give so many Woke books bad reviews for: they are preaching.
Tendentious is the long word for that, but nobody likes preaching. The line quoted above about black cop killers is a preachy line.

I don't watch Woke movies!! And I throw out Woke books and give them bad reviews. I suggest everyone do this! A lot of people already are: and I do think it's making a difference. The reviews most marked as "helpful" on Amazon tell the truth about this kind of thing. People then don't buy the book -- and they are saying why.

Last edited:
They are taking a page out of the Chinese communist playbook, where all "art" must serve the needs of the state. It was called the "cultural revolution" several decades ago, and we are experiencing our own, today.

It is good to hear that more and more people are rejecting it. Sure, the leftists in this forum do not, but they represent a particularly stupid segment of the population. We need more intelligent people like Bill Maher out there calling out this crap.

Spielberg brought us Jaws. ET. Raiders of the Lost Ark and its sequels. Close Encounters of Third Kind. Schindler's List. Give him his credit. He is a film making genius. Maybe he should retire now.

Spielberg sucks anyway. His last good movie was jurrasic park. After that he went on a steady decline with his movies. Each one more shallow the last and each one losing more and more of his style that made him so great.

But yeah I won't watch anything that even resembles being woke. I didn't watch the last Terminator, and even the new predator movie coming out I won't see because it's about an American Indian woman who defies stereotypes to become a warrior. Even the new Star wars acolyte shit is featuring a black girl kid. Fuck that.

Forum List

Back