Sperm donor to lesbian couple ordered to pay child support

Again, there are plenty of unstable straight people out there having kids..........

That's true, but that's not a concern here. The concern here are these two miscreants who are not fit to adopt children.

One of them did not adopt the child... she went the baster baby rout..

If gays and lesbians want the same treatment as everyone else... then the other lesbian should be responsible for the child.... not the sperm donor.

However.. since this was not a legal sperm donation through a medical site....its being treated the same way as if some man got her pregnant.

exactly right , IF the other mother (I guess that's the term for her?) had legally adopted the kid, it is SHE who would be paying child support not the father.

That's true, but that's not a concern here. The concern here are these two miscreants who are not fit to adopt children.

If gays and lesbians want the same treatment as everyone else... then the other lesbian should be responsible for the child.... not the sperm donor.

However.. since this was not a legal sperm donation through a medical site....its being treated the same way as if some man got her pregnant.

exactly right , IF the other mother (I guess that's the term for her?) had legally adopted the kid, it is SHE who would be paying child support not the father.

the parties broke up. the custodial parent sought public assistance. the government feels it has the right to seek support from the biological parent.

if it were a man and woman who weren't married, and the woman had a child that wasn't the biological child of the man she was living with, would that man be charged with support if he and the woman broke up?

the answer's no, ....

why do you have an issue with men paying child support?

Last edited:
Here is a link that states the mother adopted 8 children as a single parent while living as a partner with the lesbian. I'd like to know the name of the class idiot with the state who allowed this to happen.

Sperm donor ordered to pay child support to lesbian couple despite him giving up rights to the child | Mail Online

Your own article said that the couple had adopted the children together, therefore she was not a single parent. They were both adoptive parents. While I dislike the fact that parents breakup while children are still dependent on them - it happens. And such breakups are not confined to the homosexual community, it happens a lot in heterosexual couples.

The importance of the story is not "lesbian couple breaks up", the importance of the story is that Kansas is going after a verifiable sperm donor and invalidating the contract that existed as a means of finding someone to pay. The story could be just as easily about a heterosexual couple where the state determined the child in question was the product of sperm donation.

>>>>

The other adoptive mother was paying child support and providing health insurance, then she got sick and couldn't work. There was no money to pay child support and without a job there was no health insurance. Since she'd legally adopted the child she had attempted to do just that.

>>>>

if it were a man and woman who weren't married, and the woman had a child that wasn't the biological child of the man she was living with, would that man be charged with support if he and the woman broke up?

the answer's no, ....

That's a different situation then the case here, because the male in your example had not adopted the child. In this case the other mother did adopt the child and had assumed parental responsibility.

If we were to reword it slightly you would have...

if it were a man and woman who weren't married, and the woman had a child that wasn't the biological child of the man she was living with and the man adopted the child, would that man be charged with support if he and the woman broke up?​

In that case, which now mimics the situation here, the answer would be - "Yes".

>>>>

the parties broke up. the custodial parent sought public assistance. the government had every right to seek support from the biological parent.

the answer's no, ....

do what?

What sort of problem do you imagine I have? I think ANYONE of EITHER gender who doesn't pay child support that is owed is scum. So I'm confused by your comment.

As for your scenario. Yes , I have seen situations where a man and women were married, adopted a kid then later divorced and the man was ordered to pay child support. I've also seen instances where a man and woman were just living together then broke up and the actual biological father was chased down for child support.

It's entirely a case by case decision , that is why I said earlier IF the circumstances were exactly the same .

the answer's no, ....

That's a different situation then the case here, because the male in your example had not adopted the child. In this case the other mother did adopt the child and had assumed parental responsibility.

If we were to reword it slightly you would have...

if it were a man and woman who weren't married, and the woman had a child that wasn't the biological child of the man she was living with and the man adopted the child, would that man be charged with support if he and the woman broke up?​

In that case, which now mimics the situation here, the answer would be - "Yes".

>>>>

no she did NOT adopt the child as far as the state is concerned . Why don't you get that?

No different than if it were a man and a woman and they didn't get an official adoption.

the parties broke up. the custodial parent sought public assistance. the government feels it has the right to seek support from the biological parent.

the answer's no, ....

Who in their right mind allows this woman to adopt 8 children?

the parties broke up. the custodial parent sought public assistance. the government had every right to seek support from the biological parent.

the answer's no, ....

do what?

What sort of problem do you imagine I have? I think ANYONE of EITHER gender who doesn't pay child support that is owed is scum. So I'm confused by your comment.

As for your scenario. Yes , I have seen situations where a man and women were married, adopted a kid then later divorced and the man was ordered to pay child support. I've also seen instances where a man and woman were just living together then broke up and the actual biological father was chased down for child support.

It's entirely a case by case decision , that is why I said earlier IF the circumstances were exactly the same .

no you haven't seen anyone ordered to pay child support for a child who wasn't theres or who they didn't adopt.

maybe your complaint should be with the state not treating lesbians and heterosexuals equally? because, if you actually read your article, you'll see that the women don't want the donor paying child support.

the answer's no, ....

do what?

Two different scenarios.

>>>>

the answer's no, ....

do what?

no you haven't seen anyone ordered to pay child support for a child who wasn't theres or who they didn't adopt.

maybe your complaint should be with the state not treating lesbians and heterosexuals equally? because, if you actually read your article, you'll see that the women don't want the donor paying child support.

what? I think you've misread something somewhere. I made no such complaints AND you just said I have never seen something that I didn't ever claim to have seen.

Reread what you and I have written to each other in the last few posts and we agreed. Either a biological or an adoptive tie must be there for child support to be collected.

In this case there was neither with the other mother as far as the state is concerned

Last edited:

the answer's no, ....

do what?

This woman was allowed to adopt 8 children as a single parent. Now she has hooked up with a guy. She's obviously ill and has no business raising children.

do what?

This woman was allowed to adopt 8 children as a single parent. Now she has hooked up with a guy. She's obviously ill and has no business raising children.

:blahblah:

:blahblah:

Anyone with a shred of common sense can tell this single mom is an idiot and has no business adopting children to raise. Blah, blah, blah, yourself. Idiot.

do what?

what, if anything, does that have to do with this situation?

Whoever gave permission for her to adopt in the first place is an idiot. She's obviously dumber than a retarded goose. Parents who are fit do not advertise on Craig's List for sperm donors.

Whoever gave permission for her to adopt in the first place is an idiot. She's obviously dumber than a retarded goose. Parents who are fit do not advertise on Craig's List for sperm donors.

Yes, all three of them are stupid.

What does that have to do with the question of the thread , which is did the state act correctly?

Also . her being stupid has zero to do with her being gay. The two traits are not intertwined.

Forum List

Back