Space Sucks

schmidlap

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2020
As a human, I acknowledge that that is a purely subjective view.

Space is a a seemingly limitless barren expanse hostile to earthly lifeforms.

We're nosy, but that is what the gods created robots for.

We shall not cease from exploration,
and the end of all our exploring
will be to arrive where we started

and know the place for the first time.

Crapping all over our little blue marble and absconding is a tawdry and irresponsible act.

Hauling human carcass baggage into the heavens is exponentially more costly, with the requirements for air, water, food, heating and cooling systems, video games, shielding from galactic cosmic rays, solar flare particles, radiation belt particles, etc.

Its unabashed hostility to our sort is the universe’s way of telling earthlings, “Stay where you are if you know what's good for you! Your little spheroid whirling about a yellow dwarf on the outskirts of a perfectly adequate, run-of-the-mill, spiral galaxy was made for you."

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 7.40.58 AM.png

Keep it tidy, and you’ll be awarded the Intergalactic Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval. Foul it up, and nobody will take you in.

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 8.28.06 AM.png

"Il faut cultiver son jardin.”

...............................................................Here:

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 8.06.08 AM.png

.............................................................There:

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 8.07.20 AM.png

..........................................APPALLINGLY BAD TASTE:

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 8.08.26 AM.png

Last edited:
Sweet joyride. But as useful as teats on a boar hog.

I think robots are best way to explore our solar system. Till we find gold of course, then all bets are off.

Sweet joyride. But as useful as teats on a boar hog.

I think robots are best way to explore our solar system. Till we find gold of course, then all bets are off.

I fail to see the historic significance of these two flights

Branson was launched from an airplane and flew to the edge of space. Same thing NASA did with the X-15 project 60 years ago

Bazos flew a sub orbital flight on a rocket, just like Alan Shepard did in Mercury 60 years ago.

Is the point that the private sector is able to do what NASA and the Russians were doing 60 years ago?

Branson was launched from an airplane and flew to the edge of space. Same thing NASA did with the X-15 project 60 years ago

Bazos flew a sub orbital flight on a rocket, just like Alan Shepard did in Mercury 60 years ago.

Is the point that the private sector is able to do what NASA and the Russians were doing 60 years ago?

It is the beginning of Joyrides to the edge space. An exciting new and dangerous amusement park ride for those who can afford it and are willing.

No major scientific break through.

some guy on the news compared these 2 guys to the Wright Bros.....lol....

It must be fun to be weightless for a couple of minutes with a view of earth that few people have seen. It seems that the movie Space Cowboys could have been factual when you see a 80 year old babe blasted to space and returned. Was all that astronaut fitness stuff just for show?

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Forum List

Back